Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. jdotri

jdotri War Monkey

Sir Veza your entry is pretty good. 'Retreat' needs to be on more items its a lot of fun. Although mostly on human skills its already on a helmet so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thematically the free move aspect of retreat and flight go together in terms of escaping/pacifism. Of course, there's nothing to prevent someone from ending their move behind an enemy. This helmet on a human with retreat racial skill turns everybody into a pack of monkeys - awesome. Not sure if it being a blue token would be a balance issue but worth a shot.

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Mine is a bit outdated since I stopped when I was 3/4th done and never went back. I obviously disagree with some of Timeracers formula, but his works too. No real need to post there, I'd just use it as a reference point before creating items. You can always break those rules but you'll have a very difficult time being selected if you do.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You and @timeracers used different approaches, but I don't see much disagreement in the final outcome. Some will find one easier to use than the other, and that's good too. Flax's comments help clear some points as well. Any item that satisfies both sets of guidelines should certainly be valid.

FDrybob, Stexe and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks for the feedback!
    I prefer to think of that as "Nuanced Pacifism" (or at least a selective variant).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

"Note: I grew this mustache to honor Hitler, not Charlie Chaplin."

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Nice design, daring and probably out of the run for various reasons, but still one of the better entries in my books.

7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I like it. It would be easily the best minor token item with a Flight Aura in the game.

Also all the cards are legal, when it comes to the contest and the item slot, so that should help to give you better chance at winning. (half of the items in the contest have illegal cards on them)

The name, although clever, seems too complex to me. I'd prefer something like Winged (football) Helmet :D

All in all, I think it's a strong contender. (and probably your best design so far)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Really? I thought it was to honor Stalin, and was just coming in a little thin.

9. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

10. Dargenom

Dargenom Orc Soldier

@Super4011 I feel like the name doesn't really line up with the cards as much as it could. I would expect a peacemaker to convince others to cease fighting, which the item's card don't do. As for the cards, they feel like they have very little synergy, thematic or gamewise. Why is the wearer cowardly for example? Because they don't like fighting? I would suggest playing on the fact that there's a sci-fi card in there and work that into the name. Also I think you could switch cowardly out for a more interesting drawback as cowardly just seems to make the item scream "Don't put attacks in the deck!".

FDrybob and Pawndawan like this.
  11. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

In postwar Polish theater, a character with a Stalin mustache got your play banned by the Soviet censors. Criticizing Hitler was of course allowed, so the Polish audience quickly learned that any character with a Hitler mustache represented Stalin.

Adunien and Sir Veza like this.
  12. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

@JinxedSaying just outdid everyone in the naming department.

13. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

FDrybob and timeracers like this.
  14. JinxedSaying

JinxedSaying Kobold

Yeah. I think the Immovable gives it a slightly different feel though (more trait cycling). It's not immediately clear if one is better than the other, so I think the option of betting on your own deck instead of the Lunging Bash is interesting (e.g. better on and against wizards?).

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Does anyone here actually run Fashionable Ball And Chain? Just askin'.

FDrybob likes this.
  16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yep. It's reflective of the spirit that enabled Poland to win the Cold War.
    The only negative trait currently on divine armor is Traveling Curse, which doesn't fit the contest. Cowardly is one of the few priest handicaps that doesn't cause damage, so the pool of possible substitutes is small. I wouldn't play it on the types of priests I normally run, but I can see it being useful for a healing/support priest.

FDrybob and Vholes like this.
  17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Whatever.

18. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

Smoke on the Water is a close contestant. ;)

19. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

The only thing in my opinion that would help @JinxedSaying's superb name is if the card order were switched to Immovable, Trip, Violent Spin. Hm? $:^ ]

20. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

They chose to show a version that could actually appear in the game instead. (Personally I don't understand this at all.)