Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

This is a cool new item! It definitely provides an interesting alternative to Reap The Whirlwind.

2. hello world

hello world Hydra

Yep might help people that want to run one of these violent spin/ elven maneuvers builds for fun post nerf.

I kinda wish that the b on the alphabet was battle rage, but that was probably too much of a step up from the current skill with it.

wereviper likes this.
  3. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Anyone else think Extra Hack needs to be used more?

Warriors need more Cantrip.

4. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

So ready to strike activate when an enemy moves 1 space away from the one with that card, do the enemy/opponents have to move of the own power or can you fore them to move next to the wilder of the card and will it atavist if the holder of the cards moves next to an opponent, and what if the opponent is next to the bearer of the card and rotates, e.g.

If someone uses a move card with can trip will ready to strike trigger if they moves next to someone with ready to strike.

If someone uses a move card that also pushes/slides those moved next to, will ready to strike activate if the opposes move next to have it, and will it trigger after you move the charter or be for, and if you don't move then will it trigger once more.

If a player with ready to strike uses a card to fore the opponent to moving next to the one with that card will it trigger.

If the user with ready to strike moves by his own power or other forces ever from friend or foe next to a opponent charter will ready to strike trigger.

5. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Yep.

Which allows control wizards to shred enemies. (Plus you can get two in your hand.)
    >:)

6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

So... When's next AA?

ElMath and CT5 like this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm going to say Monday.

wereviper likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's never an auto disqualifier but it's (almost) always a bad idea. Remember that you're trying to design an item that will be in the game :p

10. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Learn to read between the lines:
    (Note that your item should, as always, only include cards appropriate to the item slot!)

11. Technically that only say about were the cards can be. Frosting Storm can be at a Staff, Arcane Item or Robes, but not at boots for example. Why? Because is a cold version of the popular Firestorm that is also at Staffs, Arcane Items or Robes. So, I just ask to be totally clear about it.

And also Rules should be clear, not something that can be interpreted depending on who reads (a problem in general with some countries Laws)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I'm surprised there's a cold-only theme again, I didn't get the impression there was that much room for innovative designs the first time around when there's only 5 cards that do cold damage and the only new cold cards since are off-limits, and only one of those cards even appears outside of the Staff Slot barring last year's Traveler from the North.

13. The Cold Cards That are currenly available for players and DO COLD DAMAGE:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Related to cold cards but DON'T DO COLD DAMAGE (so aren't valid entries by their own)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Other Cold cards not available for players:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Note that Ice Bolts is Only on another AA Item. So technically is still a monster card.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    Maloqi and Maniafig like this.
  14. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Icy Block and Cooling Laser don't do cold damage so while they are good fits on items for this month they don't fit the criteria on their own. Same goes for Adapted to Cold but I'd be surprised if anyone put that on a submission.

I'd also not put Ice Bolts in the list of cards on player items since it was noted last year it should be considered a card not available to players for judging purposes so it's in the same class as the Frosting and Blizzard Breath cards.

There's also Freezing Blade and Frozen Solid if you want to be extra disqualified, FLAVOR FLAVORFUL as they are. :p

ParodyKnaveBob and Force.ofWill like this.
  15. Well, they said those cards will never ever be for players, so they are extra extra disqualified.

Exactly, I just add them for show other options related to cold but as you say: is necessary to also add cold damage cards. But I will change it for clarify that.

Yes. Will change that too. Thanks

16. The other huge limitation for this AA is this old rule

"There's a general rule we have that Arcane Items shouldn't have long range, high damage attacks on them, where "high damage" in this case means 2 or more." from http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/aloyzos-arsenal-discussion-thread.7746/page-8

which means Arcane Items are limited in this contest. Honestly it seems odd that burning over time cards ( Flame Jet and Firestorm ) sneak under that rule but something like Short Spark can't sneak past which is another reason electrical mages are so rare.

17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Firestorm is different in that it hurts everyone but yeah it does a lot of damage at high range. Now for the single target attacks there are multiple that deals 2 damage at range 5 (flame spit, force blast, force cannon) but spark has traits that increases it's immediate damage, making it can do up to 5 damage. In my item crafting guide I say 2 damage is low damage, and 2 range is low range.

cycosurgeon likes this.
  18. I would argue that all the damage free control movement cards on Arcane Items ( a lot are tokenless ) are a bigger issue in the game nowadays than any Trait empowered short spark could ever be. At least with short spark you have to get close and stay close to use it. Honestly tons of burst spells have changed the mage playing field so much I feel like that mentioned rule is hindering other mage types from being valid and should be revisited by the devs since it is kind of archaic. If they started putting a couple Arcane Beam,Acid jet or some Sparks on Arcane Items would it really change the mage playing field that much? I doubt it.

Btw...where is this mentioned crafting guide?

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

My guide: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/item-creation-design-discussion.8347/#post-104784
    PS: I should update it because of the new sets, though it will still be a good guide, it just won't have all the exception cards.

wereviper and cycosurgeon like this.