Account Here vs on Steam

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dungeon Crawler, Jan 26, 2017.

1. I downloaded Card Hunter at Steam. To establish an account I just used my Steam name. No email or password was asked for. Can I assume that it uses my Steam ID?

I also established an account here so I could ask this question, and I used the same email here, but with a password.

Can someone explain how this works. Please verify that playing this game by means of Steam, the account is tied directly to your Steam account? Any possible complications with that account versus the new account I created here? Thanks.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm not sure how it could avoid being tied directly to your Steam account.

By "new account here" do you just mean the forums? Or did you create an account through the web client?

You can use the notary ceremony to link your forum account to your game account, but only the meta site cares about that. The game itself doesn't interact with the forums (here or on Steam).

If you want a password so you can access your account from the web client, I believe there's a way to do it from the options menu (I never saw it because I immediately linked my Steam account to my existing web account).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. I was not sure if the game account was the same as the forum account here. I came to Cardhunter.com and made an account. I assume this was tied to both the game and my entrance into the forums- no? If No, I can see that. :)

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Forum account and game account have 0 formal connections.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And just to confuse things, there are at least 4 hosts in the cardhunter.com domain: the website (www or leave it blank), forums (forums), main game server (live or game), and the testing server (test). I'm certain there's also a dev-only server, but that could be in a different domain.

It's still unclear how many accounts you made, since if you went to "cardhunter.com" and filled out the registration form, then it would have created an account on the main game server and emailed you the initial password for use with the web client.

6. I came to cardhunter.com with the intent of asking these questions in the forum. I registered, got an email to activate and here I am. Regarding the game, the only contact I've had with the game is logging in through Steam. I put in my user name, and it just so happened I used my Steam user name, but I don't know if that makes a difference when I created my account through the game on my Steam Account. So how many accounts do I have? I suppose the account here is a forum account, but not a game account?
    Thanks!

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Did you create an account using the form on the website's front page? Or did you go to the forums first?

It seems there is a game account called "Dungeon Crawler" who has not played any ranked matches, and at the time I'm writing this Steam says they're playing Team Fortress 2. Is that you?

8. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Forum and in-game accounts are separate.

You can create a password for your Steam CH account, if you want log in with it straight from http://game.cardhunter.com/