A small festive shop review.

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Lucky Dice, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I decided I don't want to play right now and went for some writing instead.

Festive Robe (non-festive version: Perrio's Kinetic Robes) - It's a control robe for a wizard that also grants you a nice armor if you want to be slightly more tanky. In case you want to use one major token item for control purposes, this robe adds some Telekinesis (in the rare case you won't have enough of it). It's nice to have, but I'm not sure if buying it is as great when things like Ring Of Appropriation exist.

Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle i cri evrytiem it's not rare ;__;
    But in all honesty, it's all right for SP warriors on later levels. Other than that, I guess that it would be useful for MP if you had two of these. And as far as I'm concerned, you can't buy two of these from that shop. Save your money until you get that then.

One way to use two of these in MP is having two control wizards moving targets towards you. I guess it would work once per 20 games, but hey - at least you can show off your wombo combo skills.

Party Leader Hat
    (non-festive version: Forrtescue's Feathered Cap) - Minor token Sprint, Team! on a helmet. It's nice. If you want to abuse these maps with warriors, that one card is usually the way. Unless you want something cheaper, like Boots Of Safety. That can work too I guess.

Very Bad Gift (non-festive version: Kristoph's Skull) - In case you don't have Bynzer's Black Spear for your vampire, having at least one of these gifts could potentially help you a ton. You see, Vamps suffer from one small fact - if you survive their combo, they're left with nothing. This item allows you to add one additional layer of defense (so, depending whether you're more of a Parry or Defender's Block kind of person), you end up having 3 or 4 blocks. Add 1 if you equip two of these. I'd say it's a legit buy if you want to run vampires.

Carver
    (non-festive version: Dancer's Dagger) - I like it. It has both the offensive and defensive capabilities. The one small problem is... it's a total of 19 damage on a two-token weapon. So... probably requires you to run tons of buffs. Ideally Mass Frenzy, Blind Rage and Unholy Wellspring will put you at 15 damage Vicious Thrust and 12 damage Penetrating Lunges. Then again, you'd get way more out of Bejeweled Shortsword in terms of damage, but I like this weapon more, because it has some style. I've already bought it.

Holy Knight Armor
    (non-festive version: Untouchable Plate) - The best item for Arrogant Armor on Priest in most of the cases. It's also relatively cheap, standing at 500 gold. For these hard times, full of Cursed Radcannon, it might not be a bad idea to equip that.

Jolly Robe (non-festive version: Bloodfoot Robes) - I realize @peonprop discourages people from buying it, because it's too unfocused, but in all seriousness, it's not all that bad if you drop it instead of buying it. Comparing these to Cotton Wizard's Robes is kinda unfair because these two serve different purposes. Jolly Robe is here if you want to discourage your opponent from moving to a better position away from you and punishing them regardless if they do it or not. Cotton Wizard is all about damage boosting, punishing you with a Little Zap. So yeah, it's nice if an occassional 2 damage boost is something you like.

Killer Kane (non-festive version: White Halberd) - If you want to have two of Inspiration on your weapon, Aureate Mace exists. But if your priest needs some extra protection against warriors, I guess this weapon is decent. Then again, Bash works fine. However, if you want the ultimate weapon for drawing, then Knife Of St. Blenko is something you want under your christmas tree.

Party Dress (non-festive version: Turquoise Robes) - Forceful Robes are just better.

Wreath Of Steel (non-festive version: Steel Shield) - Shield Block is not worth anything. Not when Parry exists, for example. If you're looking for Surging Shield Block and Block on one card for some weird reason, Wedge Shield is there to show you that it's cheaper and packs extra mobility. If you want some good blocks on Major Token territory: Slippery Shield, Aegis Of The Defender, Aegis Of Aversion if you don't plan on attacking, Frozen Shield if you don't want your opponents fast.

Antler Shield (non-festive version: Shield Of The Frog) - @Jezterscap in this build shows you a possible use of Jump Back. It's actually pretty nice. I think there's one more use for it - Wizards that can use Savage Cursed Unholy Wellspringed Cone Of Cold to halt these stepping flying Nimble Striking warriors and avoid their damage when they try to attack you from the front. You can also try encumbering yourself with Soothing Darkness on warriors and hoping to use some range 2 attacks, etc.

TL;DR: It's a legit shield, the best at what it does.

Eggnog Flask
    (non-festive version: Amber Charm) - Rarely can you find a time where Cleansing Burst solves something Cleansing Ray won't. And the latter one grants your priest a draw should it remove a terrain. And there are tokenless items with two of the Cleansing Rays. Cleansing Hide Armor for example.

Humbug Staff (non-festive version: Redrune Staff) - If you can make it work, tell me how so. I think it's an item that's too unfocused even for me.

Lump Of Coal (non-festive version: Charcoal Talisman) - I guess it's okay if you want a minor-token way to add Unholy Wellspring. None of these cards should be a problem for you to use - Armor is nice, even if only usable once, and the Touch Of Death catches your opponent off-guard, because it's a Magic attack with a range of 1.

Paper Crown
    (non-festive version: Rusty Spiked Helmet) - Just use Helmet Of Thorns. It replaces Rusty Armor with absolutely amazing War Cry.

Stocking Boots
    (non-festive version: Crazy Fast Boots) - It's hard for me to tell you how useful this item can be. You need to find a way around Trip. Anything that will remove this attachment whenever it appears. If you can do that, you have an amazing pair of boots. Add some Fly, and sky's the limit.