A Look At Vengeance

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Potato Priest, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Not that sad, really, I only ever use radiation as surprise ranged finishers on priests. I think that I'd rather see more counters to Walpurgis night than see the radiation pool maintain its quality. After all, it already has Festering guts in it, which is really a pretty awesome card. Any person who uses radiation a lot probably won't mind the extra forms, as it will just add to their RNG lifestyle. Radiation is already a very variable strategy that can potentially be game changing in your enemy's favor, while gene therapy and lateral thinking are currently cards designed to deal with unwanted traits being attached to you. They should have the power to deal with these new unwanted traits. Also, as I have enumerated before, I believe Ethereal form is bad because their cards pack hardly any damage, and it would be a worthwhile thing if radiation attached it to the enemy.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I disagree on adding forms to the radiation pool, the fact that radiation can help your opponent is already a large drawback to using it and making that drawback even larger would ony further dissuade using it for its intended purpose. What Ethereal Form lacks in direct damage it makes up for in utility like being immune to all untargeted damage, having Mind Muddle and Boo!, a very powerful way to stack damage with Unholy Curse, the ability to freely shuffle Traveling Curses into opponent's decks and having access to Ancient Grudge which is by far more damaging than any other form card.

I also don't like the idea of any usage of radiation in SP such as the radiation priest in CoC or the Rad Pulses in the EttSC modules all being able to apply every sort of form, that seems like it'd get annoying.

timeracers likes this.
  3. A Battle with a New Deck Against Vitreo.
    Here's The Deck:
    Foxy Stan
    Level 18 Human Wizard

Crabbe
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Cellulose
    Level 18 Elf Priest
    As you can see, the basic principle is to use entangling roots to pin an enemy, and then hit them with spark of undeath to cause them to draw cards before destroying them with punishing bolts. Boo! can also be used to completely incapacitate a halted character, or used in conjunction with jump, soldier as a melee defense.

Battle 1: Playing Against Vitreo2084
    I was able to pin his warrior and kill it with punishing bolts, but I drew double vulnerable and his wizards had an easy time dealing with me. His deck seemed to include a vengeance warrior, a armor removal/frost wizard, and a punish bolt+big zap wizard. I had no trouble aquiring lots of punishing bolts on a single wiz, while my capacity for roots and undeath seemed flat. I plan to replace Goyle with another priest.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thank you for all your help with the Castle Mitternacht playtest.

Unless you posted more in another thread (in which case, sorry I missed it), I have you at 15 games.

You will receive 3 Epic Mitternacht chests when this content is released.