A few questions from someone who just started the game

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Cyath, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Cyath

Cyath Kobold

Alright, I finally beat the Campaign! I guess this doesn't really count as "just starting the game" anymore now huh? :)

But I didn't want to make a new topic and add to board clutter so I'll just ask a couple more questions :

1. Quests are just there for extra loot right? Do you get a rare if you beat it more than once?

2. How is it possible to level up past 18 if the highest quests only go up to 17?

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

1. Yes (and for the extra challenge and for different ways to play the adventures). No.
    2. Characters get experience points even for completing adventures two levels below theirs. Not many points, though, but enough to eventually level up past level 18. By the way, there are level 18 treasure hunts in the Attack of the Artifacts expansion. This makes it possible to reach character level 21.

3. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Congrats!

1) You only can do each quest once, so I would suggest you to do them while you have the club membership to improve your chances of getting something nice. Starting with the no deaths quests is a good idea, as you don't need to make big changes to your party.
    2) What Jarmo said.

4. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Start playing MP and join the gold leagues, they are the best way to get Rare+ items.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If you didn't sell all your "bad items" the drawback quests are fairly easy too, though they'll need a different build. Type "handicap" into your equipment filter to find all your eligible items.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Oh, and the quests also allow you to add "bragging rights" with @neoncat 's campaign badge. And of course while you're at it, you may find the rest of his tools of interest.

7. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I don't know how easy are those after just finishing the campaign once. Getting the good drawback items can take a while. The special race's quests seems far easier to follow the no death quests. Of course that the bad thing is that he probably won't have 3 characters of the same race or class right now, so a little levelling might be needed for some of the quests.

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Personally I found the drawback quests the easiest across the board after completing the campaign, but I never sold anything when playing the first time through and often replayed lower adventures as I advanced. The drawback quests can actually be a good lesson in trait cycling and that not all negatives are negative all the time (looking at you Blind Rage).

9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

No Deaths and Drawbacks are very easy, yes. You can always leave a slot empty for drawbacks and there your chars may die too so it's cake.

10. Cyath

Cyath Kobold

The Quests seem pretty interesting, definitely a new way to play the game.

One last question (for now at least) - I still have the 150 Pizza that I got from playing through the campaign, what should I do with it? One suggestion was to top it up with an additional 180 Pizza to get all the Treasure Hunts. Is there anything that can be bought in-game for a flat 150 Pizza though?

11. Accent

Accent Hydra

When I first beat the campaign, I thought that with the checkboxes, you could choose all the quests at once. For example, on Riddle of the Gnome Lords, I thought you could choose to play only Elf Wizards, at level 7, with 1 HP, drawback cards only, and no party deaths. Which, good luck.

(For some of the levels, I bet it would be possible to complete all the quests at once)

12. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

All AotA Treasure Hunts (lvl 7, 8, 9 and 18x3 )

13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yep, as Squidy said the Attack of the Artifacts treasure hunts cost exactly 150 pizza. If you don't have it already, it can be helpful to buy the membership while you do the treasure hunts because then the first time through when you're getting a guaranteed epic for completing the hunt, you'll also be getting an epic or better on the membership pillow. Of course be aware that if you buy either of the treasure hunt sets in their respective packages they come with a month's membership.