400 slices of pizza. Convert to gold or....

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by keljar77, Dec 8, 2013.

1. keljar77

keljar77 Kobold

Really need advice please. I'm new to the game and yeah, I'm addicted already. I'm going through the single player campaign and my team is lv. 9. I'm in the Card Hunter Club as well. Should I convery my pizza to gold so I can buy some nice gear or should I spend 300 on 2 epic chests and then put the last 100 into gold? Please help me out. This pizza is burning a hole in my pockets.

2. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

I once used 150 pizza for an epic chest but those items were a drop in the bucket compared to what I've got from quests, MP, grinding and randimars. It's not really worth it. Just keep the pizza for now and use it to renew your membership later.

I've got 2800 pizza in the bank but there is nothing that's really worth spending it on except membership and a figurine or two.

3. Krizmn1

Krizmn1 Mushroom Warrior

I spent 200 bucks. I then used it all for purples. In the end I cried myself to sleep at night lol. I barely got anything good and I use maybe 1 or 2 items from it.
    If I hadn't already been playing with a decent collection it would have been good. But no players should waste a penny on purple chests.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The Club and purchased chests feel like P2W to me, so I spent my pizza on Treasure Hunts and figures.

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Definitely buy the treasure hunts. (Each of those grants an epic chest, and you get extra SP content to boot...)

6. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

I'd say buy the treasure hunts and then save the rest, or buy a starter team or two if you want to get into Multiplayer easily.

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Treasure hunts. Whatever you do, do not convert it into gold because gold is easy to get.

8. Tardis

Tardis Kobold

OP said they had the Basic Membership, so they have all the Treasure Hunts. This is a good way to go, especially before the Melevleous the Magnificent Adventure, because with the Club Membership, you will be guaranteed another Legendary item. This is the only place in the campaign this happens for a Legendary item. I also suggest testing to make sure your membership works before completing the adventure. I waited until I had beat the module to sign up, but the transaction didn't complete properly for me (I think this was because of some script monitoring software add-ons I had running on Firefox at the time). I haven't had problems since, and have renewed my membership.

I would save the Pizza for later in the campaign. I spent a lot of my early pizza on Gold and items looking to equip my first party more adequately. I'm really glad to read that the Gold cost of items will be more clearly explained in game play once the update comes. I know I spent a lot of gold not understanding that items above my party level would be more expensive. I even spent the Pizza I was supposed to use on another figure on gear instead. The thing you'll find is that an effective item is way better than a random, and many times a rare, epic, or even legendary item. Check out the Hidden Gems thread for lots of good ideas.

If you really feel you need more gold and items, I strongly suggest running through the modules Lvl 2 - 6 again. This is one of the best ways to accumulate a lot of treasure and non-token items. You may think these items would be weak. But you'll find even at the highest levels, some of the best items in the game are low level non-token items that free up tokens for other slots and still have strong and useful cards themselves. If you feel really adventurous, spend 30gc to start a brand new party and level them up to see how other Adventure party combinations and dynamics work for you. Hint: Low level Priests are a whole lot of fun to use once you have the Hand of Melevelous. But even here, you'll find some things that work better in Single Player than Multiplayer and vice versa.

TL;DR

Save Pizza for later in the campaign to buy more effective things than random chests. I have gotten the most out of these purchases in order:

1: Basic Club Membership
    2: Renewed Club Membership
    3: New Figs - especially once I got more interested in Multiplayer
    4: Gold Coin for my first party going through the campaign
    5: random Chests - although I have gotten lucky with these and look at them like booster packs.

9. keljar77

keljar77 Kobold

Well, as difficult as it is, I won't convert the pizza. There are a lot of things I see in the shops I want, especially the rare shop, but they are incredibly expensive and even converting all of my pizza, I'd maybe be able to buy two of the good ones. So I guess I'll wait. I did start another team. They are already lv. 6 and about to do Diamonds of the Kobolds.

10. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Things will get cheaper in the shop as you gain levels, as well. Legendaries should cost 2500g, epics 500g and rares 100g once you are same level as the item.

kelsierHathsin likes this.
  11. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

As Mirkel said, make sure that you have at least one lvl 18 SP character, otherwise you overpay for high-level items.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It isn't the highest character level which determines the item prices. It's the highest level SP adventure you have completed. Today's new game version makes this information much more explicit with the "Renown" system. The linked announcement talks about "player level" but this is not the same as the character level.

To get the cheapest prices also for level 18 items your Renown needs to be 17. You can achieve this either by completing one SP level 17 adventure or by winning multiplayer matches. You get +1 Renown for your second MP win and +1 every five wins after that. To get to a level 17 SP adventure faster you can skip some lower level adventures and only play the ones that unlock higher level ones. The wiki has the info about which adventures unclock which higher level adventure. Of course you need to be able to complete the adventures which might be challenging depending also on the quality of your items.

13. keljar77

keljar77 Kobold

Ok. I have come to a decision. I have decided to stay away from the rare shop. Everything in there is way too expensive. I do ok with the stuff from the lv. 1 and lv. 6 shops for now. There's a lot of good stuff in the rare shop, but my God, the prices. And seeing items that you can buy for 1000g, but can only sell the very same item for 5g seems a bit unfair. But oh well. Yeah. Like I said before, I'm keeping my pizza. Will probably use it to get another month of club membership. Still haven't braved MP yet. Still working on SP. I think I'd get smoked so bad in MP. I might get around to it some day though.

Also, sorry to say, but the martial skills need to either be simplified to be for the broad catagories of attacks (piercing, crushing, and slashing) or be removed. They are way too narrow right now.