[1.62] The Troll Tyrant Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Oberon, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Tried this last night.

First map my warrior drew two Parrys, so he ran off to stall the pair of Rust Creatures (one Parry drew a third) while my wizard Fireballed everyone else. My poor priest got caught in the crossfire and would have died from the Volcano if the Burning hadn't killed him first. Second round my warrior sacrificed himself evening the odds a bit while my wizard hid in the narrow hallway the pair of Rusts started in. Then he just finished off the Rusts from a distance while waiting to draw his Resistant Hide. Surprisingly easy for my underleveled elves.

Second map I died fast, so I removed my Firestorm items and replaced one Staff Of The Fire God with a Frosty Staff, and died fast again. Never killed a single enemy on that map.

Today I'm going to send this party through Yellow Dragon and Card Stock in the hopes that some more health and major tokens will make a difference (I'm thinking of upgrading everyone's boots from Turquoise to Sliding).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Map #2 is easier if you overload on Parries and Winds of War :)
    Good luck!

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

So the Rust Monsters aren't based upon the AD&D model because they have poison and biting attacks. I dont see why dissolving armor would cause 7 crushing damage. It also destroys all melee attacks, even from weapons made of wood and obsidian. Damage is damage, and discards are discards, but you might have made it a bit more plausible, or used a different monster type. I guess I shouldn't expect plausibility after playing the campaign, but I'm kind of funny that way.
    It's still a fun game.

Edit: I forgot to mention Pseudopod Strike. Are they supposed to be types of slime? They have three eyes like the CH slimes, but the claws don't really fit.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014