The GhostBrain Excuse

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Ghostbrain, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

I invited some questions into my life. Why do we play? Is this really P2W? How come I'm somehow always below the guy I'm playing against? What is RNG and is it my friend? Where's the arena, and can I craft things?
    The answer is easy, because I don't like Hearthstone.

Noticed some threads talk about a monthly setup, guessing this is in-tune with map cycling. Cannot be sure because they usually look all the same to me (If it's not my deck, why bother you dork?).

These are easy to tell apart from real pioneering builders as adding tags like 1700+ is a sign of real... Unsuppressed egomania. It's not the deck that fails, but you, sitting on ivory towers telling the low life elo scuzz how to be doing it.

Decided I'd give you an entry from my soon to be published napkin files. Bars are a great place to get ide-err, drunk.

Histories of 'didn't expect that Scuzz'

Cardhuntria, year 20XX. After the frackis that happened from Supreme Princess Glitter Girl; fire fell from the hills. In the arena one guy, The Great Ghostbrain banded three wizards together to fight off the Princess' evil team of elvish priests. Turns pass,and no movement. This was calm before the storm. By turn X an eruption happened. Unbeknownst to Ghostbrain, inspiration landed one elf with quick move, tonnes of 7 hit health stealers, and stacks of officer harness. The elf crosses the map, killing two frightened dwarves in just that turn. Scuzz, dude. Scuzz.

There's an abudance of packages in neat bows lying around here @ Deckbuild Inc, vasting from those win is easy warriors to; look see, my legendary wizs can stack damage quicker than your epic wizs. For the veteran we try to be bold, show off unique things like burrft and nova axes. Guess the hardcore are truly rad, inspiring, defenders, bless.

So I'm setting up a challenge to you. I'm throwing in the gauntlet and doing something so mind-boggling difficult to do, I know noone but me can harness this power and that really, the one and only (myself) could even peek into this formula, knowing it's true and final glory. I call it...

THE EVERY CARD IS UNIQUE STRATEGY

Glitter Girl
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

Vomit Brain
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Brain-0
    Level 4 Dwarf Wizard

Yes, you're smart. I took this restriction up because we are all unique lil snowflakes, living in happy-land. And since it's oh-so-smiley here- Every card is my card, not yours. You can't use any of 'em because I wrote my name on the back. In sharpie, no-less. Laminated.

Seriously this is tougher than it looks; especially when you actually look- Not one card is the same in the whole build. Well, you wanna know it's success rate? RNG, my friend. Here's snippets from my last conquest.

[​IMG]

The player hacked me, so when I started all I saw was that... Excuse.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

That was a selfchallenge i totally forgot about, partly because i thought it was impossible.

Ghostbrain likes this.
  3. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

It's a strange deck to wrap your head around, as you can only really strategize between what's in hand. There's never a gurantee to find synergy, but for the lack of all that jazz, you constantly surprise the other team. I see alot of people pause between turns; guessing cos half the stuff is really not well known, so wiki is their friend.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

Who would have thought it would take a ghost, to show some of the more fractured players,
    how to play with a little spine.

5. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

I was just trying to be humorous about it, but perhaps this is a hot potato instead? I like potatoes, I don't like cats.

6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

7. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

Can't believe I've missed these threads-- HOWEVER... are they using two of the same class? Nope. Mine trumps 'em.

Pfft, saying these decks aren't viable in competitive play... that would probably make sense.

8. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Highlander games are 101% fun. Perhaps even more fun when building. And look at you showing off your fancy schmancy build with two of the same class. You are a beautiful and unique snowflake. His name is Robert Paulson.

9. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

If I could super-like your comment rinco, I would.

10. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

True highlander decks have three different races :p. It's a pretty bad rotation for highlander builds though. They can actually be pretty viable on the right rotation, my highest rating achieved (admittedly, not all that high) was a highlander build on Hyperthalamus Havok and friends. Impressively done with the two wizards.

Edit: Sorry, my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Ghostbrain likes this.
  11. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

No, no. That's just your eyesight seeing double... surely :)

can't believe I missed that... I may commit harry karie on someones touche.

**Corrected obvious mistake from original post** we're all good now, right?

12. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Out of curiosity, I just checked whether three of the same class could be possible; Warriors fail at two, Wizards and Priests fail at three; this is just from their weapons, as there aren't six mutually exclusive staffs/divine weapons.

13. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

here is a 1-1-1 highlander I just made, hopefully without screwups

Omniknight
    Level 24 Human Priest

Rimeanthir
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

Comeback
    Level 18 Dwarf Wizard

Ghostbrain likes this.
  14. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

@Lucky Dice You cheated dude, I said you can't use my sharpie penned cards..., but cos it's you, I'll let it go and love you forever.

err xx...