Bad Casual Game Ideas

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Punf, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Punf

Punf Lizardman Priest

Warning: play at your own risk.

Alphabet Characters: Each character can only use items starting with the same letter of the alphabet. So if your wizard picks up a Searing Pain, each other item on that wizard has to start with S. Empty slots are always fine if you can't find an item or don't have the tokens for it or whatever.

Damageless: Dealing damage to other characters is not allowed (self damage with Demonic Revenge, etc. is fine). If you're forced to by Laser Spray or Impetuous Blast that's fine. This is also the only format where you will hear never-ending whinges of 'elf wizard are so op'.

Immovable: You are not allowed to move. Find the perfect balance between volcano wizards, accelerate time and healbots.

Aristopeasant: Half your items must be legendary, the other half common (5 each on wizard/priest, warriors choose 5 of one rarity and 4 of the other). Empty slots are allowed in lieu of legendaries (or maybe in lieu of commons. Hey, I won't judge.)

Rainbow Rarity (not to be confused with Rainbow Dash): 2 commons, 2 uncommons, 2 rares, 2 epics, 2 legendaries. Warriors are missing 1 of your choice (or hard mode: warriors are banned).

AoA Party: Blocks are not allowed (except from empty slots). Be sure to complain about how Shield of Ultimate Dodging needs a nerf if you don't have it and get stuck with the empty slot.

Variety Party: Each of your characters may not have more than one copy of the same card. I've actually tried, it *is* possible to fit three weapons on a warrior with no duplicates. Hard mode: in your whole party, not more than one copy of the same card (okay, I'm not sure about the possibility of this one.) Easy mode: Only each individual item has to have no duplicates.

Blitz Party: 1 minute clock. TROLOLOLO

Terrain Party: Spam like a billion illusory barriers. Wait this terrible idea is already in the game, never mind.

I'M FIRIN MAH LAZOR - Only Ettsc items. Racial/class skills can be non-ettsc.

I'M FIRIN MAH LAZOR MORE - You must include at least ten cards that have Erratic Damage. Hard mode: twelve cards. Pull the Trigger and Push the Button count towards this requirement.

Dodgy Game: You must have at least two characters with at least ten Dodges each. Be sure to whine about luck if your Dodge fails more than three times in a row.

Shields Up: You must have three priests, each of which has ten Nimbuses.

Rainbow Party: You must have at least six cards of at least four of the following colours: Red, Blue, Green, Grey, Black, Orange, Purple, White. Yes, hybrid cards count towards both. You're welcome.

Three Paths: You must have three warriors: one with at least twelve Bash cards, one with at least twelve Chop cards, one with at least twelve Penetrating cards. Hard mode: eighteen.

Once More With Feeling: Choose five of these modes at random. Set up five different accounts and play them all at the same time in different tabs. Hard mode: 1 minute clock on each game.

kustaa and Obernoob like this.
  2. Here's a party with no 2 of the same card

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Text List in spoiler

Listie
    Level 12 Human Priest

Arguz Stoutheart
    Level 12 Dwarf Warrior

Legeborn
    Level 12 Elf Wizard

If I win with in ranked this then I think i should receive some meta achievement of some description

EDIT: Subtle Parry is repeated, gotta make fixes

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

How long did it take to get to this builds?

4. Less time that you'd expect, once I was done with the warrior which is by far the hardest, the rest was a simple thing of double-checking very carefully and precisely picking shields and boots

Nobody expects the Elf Wizard with 3 Blocks! (That aren't Counterspell!)

I'm considering taking on the Alphabet Challenge later, got a birthday party to attend to. I can't promise I can carry that one team-wide though

EDIT: I did it

Listie
    Level 12 Human Priest

Arguz Stoutheart
    Level 12 Dwarf Warrior

Legeborn
    Level 12 Elf Wizard

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  5. Punf

Punf Lizardman Priest

Turns out it's impossible to have 2 warriors in Variety hard mode (which people are calling Highlander, I assume after an m:tg format?) There are 11 legal weapons:

Cat'Leth (MM)
    Laserstick (MM)
    Mark 2 Broadsword (MM)
    Moonblade (MM)
    The Hacker's Wrench (MM)
    Long-handled Mace (Mm)
    Slice and Dice (Mm)
    Axe of Evasion (mm)
    Leather-wrapped Spear (mm)
    Curved Sword ()
    Keen Baselard ()

Sort them into five groups:
    Cat'Leth, Laserstick, Mark 2 Broadsword, Moonblade
    Leather-wrapped Spear, Curved Sword, Keen Baselard
    The Hacker's Wrench, Slice and Dice
    Axe of Evasion
    Long-handled Mace

You have to pick two weapons from one group, but each set of two weapons within a group shares a card. Hence you cannot have two weapons.

For what it's worth, here's the extremely high quality drawing that shows which weapons are compatible with each other (line = not compatible).

[​IMG]

6. Fancier reference sheet (Thanks to Punf for cross-referencing all the things though

[​IMG]

7. Punf

Punf Lizardman Priest

Fun fact: If I've done the combinatorics correctly, then taking into account power token restrictions, there are 44 different ways to equip a warrior with three weapons. 8 using four majors, 23 with three majors, 10 with two and 3 with one (you must use at least one major since the weapons without majors tend to be incompatible. Only Axe of Evasion+Leather-Wrapped Spear or Axe of Evasion+Curved Sword is valid.)

8. Wait a minute...

You haven't seen the movie "Highlander", any of its non-existent sequels, the TV spin-offs, or even heard the basic premise?

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've heard of that, but don't see the connection with a no-duplicate build.
    Unless it's that "There can only be one" is being applied to the cards instead of the warriors.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's that.