Printable Card Hunter Sets?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by zovc, Apr 16, 2014.

1. zovc

zovc Kobold

Hey, folks. I was wondering if Card Hunter had PDFs or other renders of the game's cards. I think the game could be fun to play in person with friends.

I'm not interested in making a profit or doing anything crazy with said images, I'm merely interested in having a nice set of physical Card Hunter cards that I could mix and match however I see fit (even if decks weren't dictated by equipment or classes/races). :)

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

You'll have to make them yourself, unfortunately. You can find card images on the wiki.

3. zovc

zovc Kobold

Thanks for suggesting the wiki. I suppose I'll have to wait for a day I don't mind doing a bunch of nerve wracking and precise image editing.

Judging by the first card I checked, Amorphous Body (there's more black border on the left than the right), not all of the cards will have the same size borders "cut" around them. If I were to put them in my own images/PDFs for printing and cutting, I'd want each card to have the exact same cropping so as to only need to cut straight lines (and corners if I'm OCD). Granted, I know how to do all of this, but it'd be a very tedious endeavor. Would there be an ideal way for me to get in touch with the game's developers? Perhaps they could either share the game's image assets with me, or I could ask whether or not I'd have permission to share the images of sheets of cards I make to save future physical Card Hunters a lot of trouble.

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Erm, are you really concerned about a couple of pixel's difference? The Wiki maintainers might have raw data (Phaselock, Jayce). Otherwise, you can poke the devs through the forum - Megadestructo will probably get back to you first, and Jon or Farbs might respond.

Jayce likes this.
  5. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

If you want the official ch cards's back, it's something like this:

[​IMG]

6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

The card art is assembled in game at runtime, however we added a commandline utility to export them to jpg for use in the wiki. To export an image of Bash, for instance, you would:
    1. Log in to the game
    2. Open the console by pressing F1. Press it a second time to see the command output window
    3. Load the Bash card image into memory by typing forceload Bash
    4. Save the card image as a jpg, at a particular quality (eg 85% here) by typing savecardart 85 Bash
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for different cards, if you like
    6. Press F1 again to close the console
    Enjoy!

7. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Megadestructo likes this.
  8. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

@Farbs, OK now THAT is super cool... It will be a pain to do all of the cards individually, but still way easier than trying to snip them all out.

Neoncat, your utility is also very cool. If I had any idea how to create SVG paths... or anything cool like that... I would like to help!
    So do you just need someone to get 6 dice images, 10 range images, 15 damage icons (1-12, 14, 17, 20 damage) as small svg images?

10. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

@neoncat I haven't had much time to play with that utility I was messing about with (http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/utility-item-browser.5378/), but I at some point I did make some png images for the little card icons that you may be able to use (I couldn't seem to grab high enough resolution ones from in game) - you can find them in the \Data\Images\Required folder in the zip, or I can post them online somewhere.

neoncat likes this.
  11. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

Sorry to necro this, but this thread is about what I'm trying to do. I tried the instructions above, but they don't seem to work. Other console commands like "pizzamenu" do though. Has this command been removed or changed? If so, what is the best way to extract card images?

Thanks.

12. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

timeracers likes this.
  13. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I remember that a nice set of CH printout minis were recently made for the loot and legends launch party. I wonder if they would consider sharing their material? Someone could ask over on their forum.

14. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Even though the mechanics won't work easily due to the fact card order and the direction the board is orientated matter, I might still try to print off a couple of copies of the cards and attempt to play a game or two against myself sometime in the future once I'm less busy. If I do, I'll try to post some pictures!

gulo gulo likes this.
  15. slowreflex

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The commands work fine for me, in both the web and Steam versions of the client.

Make sure you're using the full card name, spelled correctly (they may be case sensitive too) and don't forget the quality value in the second command.

PS. a "forceload all" command would be nice to have. I don't see any reason you wouldn't want all the card illustrations cached at the same time. They aren't that big, and there's not that many of them (compared to items).

17. slowreflex

Oops. It does work. I assume it would show something in the client, but it's all done outside the client. forceload doesn't appear to do anything, but it is. And savecardart then opens up a save file dialog. All seems fine, but would be great to do it in mass.

18. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

I still get this (minus the emoticons):
    'forceload' without specifying a card does this.

19. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

So try "savecardart 85 Bash"

20. On a slightly related note, I believe I've previously suggested a "Tabletop Simulator" paid DLC. ;)