[Utility] SVG card generator

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Apr 21, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

This is still in progress, but it's close enough that y'all can go take a look. It consumes data in the same format as Cards.csv and generates SVG images of the cards in the style of CH. (Note that your browser may not be happy if you try to render the entire Cards.csv file.)

For now, this will be online only - http://neoncat.x10.mx/custom/card-generator.html

Known bugs:
    - not using icons for move, block, reaction, damage, range, etc... (If someone wants to cut them out, or create svg paths, I'll drop those in. Otherwise make do with the card backing color and plain text.)
    - some title and background colors are wrong (If someone gets me those hex values, I'll drop them in sooner rather than whenever I get around to figuring them out myself.)

Don't ask for any fancy features (e.g., "I want to recognfigure all the colors and dimensions"), but I'll consider adding small features, especially those useful for laying out a printable sheet.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Thanks! But actually, I'll probably have time next weekend to go cut out the images I need. It's easier than explaining exactly what I need. :p

3. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I mentioned it briefly in the other thread, but if you're at all interested in some of the little png icons I had previously made, I'm happy to post them online wherever convenient (they live in the zip of the utility I'd been fooling about with). Whatever you had originally planned may look better however :p

4. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

If at all useful, here are the resources I used; grabbed them from a rough colour sampling, not particularly accurate :p

<!-- Card Background -->
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="ArmorGrey" Color="#FF5F5F5F" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="AssistWhite" Color="White" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="AttackRed" Color="#FF830505" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="BlockGreen" Color="#FF105D10" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="HandicapGrey" Color="#FF1D1D1D" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="BoostOrange" Color="Orange" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="MoveBlue" Color="#FF1B28AE" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="UtilityPurple" Color="#FF643A64" />

<!-- Card Title bar -->
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="TitleBlack" Color="#282828" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="TitlePaper" Color="#aea383" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="TitleBronze" Color="#bf9d8a" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="TitleSilver" Color="#c2d0d8" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="TitleGold" Color="#f4d250" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="TitleGreen" Color="#aca07f" />
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="TitlePurple" Color="#d780ff" />

neoncat likes this.
  5. MattW

MattW War Monkey

Anyone who's still following this thread, you may also be interested in the work @Xayrn and I are doing with our utility.