Unofficial statistics site

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Guilds are explained in the faq under "Guilds" or on the guild page. Standing is explained here, and has nothing to do with ranking. It's based on giving positive points for games played until the score is at least 4 to 2, and negative points to anyone who exits a game early (prior to that score being reached).

2. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

By ranking I mean I tried to win every games but the standing does not seem to change much.
    So what should I do to increase it???
    Or do I miss anything with low standing?
    It's already negative when this thing was first released.

It sounds like I asked the wrong question you directed me to the faq.
    Should I continue to reply in this topic or it would be better if ask this in another forum??
    Thank you.

3. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

As you are not in a guild yet, those points mean nothing of importance, if you were to join one now, they would not carry over with you, so whatever your results are after joining a guild will affect your guild should you join one.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

When "this thing" first released was January of 2014 which appears to be before your first game.

To increase your standing you have to either win games or make sure to get at least 2 stars in a defeat, either way will give you +1 per a game. Resigning games early will make you more negative.

You asked about guilds which are explained in the faq so I directed you there, there's no point in re-typing answers that are already contained in the faq for anyone to look at. But any further questions or clarifications that are needed are fine here imo.

EDIT: Added a entry in the faq on standing as well.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.
  5. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

Thank you MathuranF & Scarponi!

I was checking if I should join a guild.
    I was worried about my negative standings will cause the guild some problems as I saw there are some sort of competition between the guilds.
    It would be fine as now I know it would not be carried over.

How can you check my first game?!
    If I remembered well, I started to play card hunter at around Christmas of 2013.
    Most of the time, I played with the npc only to get the loot quickly.
    Very difficult to get epic+ items at that time.
    Stopped to play for a while afterwards and return to the game when the loot fairy was introduced.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Just going to the last page of your history. Technically it only shows your games against guild members so you may have played a few before the first one on the list.

7. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

Thank you!!!
    I will go and check now!
    I am curious about it.

8. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

Farbs,

I would like to make a suggestion to META site, if I may:

Can you possibly show us (on our profiles) what was the highest ELO we've attained ever ? Only for statistics sake!

Thank you!

GriffTheThief

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Steam achievements do this, sort of, since you don't lose them when you're rating falls.

10. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

I was thinking about META site keeping our highest ELO attained, not Steam. On CardHunter lobby chat some people suggested I could write down my highest ELO on a paper, but I'm thinking more eletronically :)

I don't wanna the devs dig up thru endless past records to show us our highest ELO. For convenience, they could start now assigning a zero-value to everyone.

Every time you win a ranked match, if your new attained ELO is higher than the ELO stored for you in this SQL table, this value is overwritten, else don't. They keep track of our wins and losses, and how many times we've fought on matches. I'm only asking for them to show us our highest ELO. Of course, if you reach a peak and then start losing matches, your ELO will obviously decrease time after time, and the table won't need to be overwritten.

They could even store the date you've attained this highest ELO, showing on META (for example): "On 28-jul-2015 GriffTheThief attained ELO 1700."

11. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

That would be cool, but for annoying technical reasons META currently can't record your in-game rating at all. IIRC we do store your highest and then use that for a leaderboard on Kongregate, we just don't expose that in any other way yet.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  12. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Sounds similar to this suggestion. Unfortunately:
    So apparently neither the game or the [META] site can easily keep track of this right now; I have the impression the game just sends your current rating to the Kongregate high-scores after every ranked match. Hopefully that's something the devs can change after dealing with the mountain of EttSC issues and a good, long vacation.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  13. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

@Farbs: perhaps you could put in a per-season player contribution leaderboard, listing guild affiliations? (mostly I'm just curious)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  14. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

A lifetime contribution leaderboard could be fun too, although neoncat's suggestion would probably be more useful :D

15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Whats up with the season contribution display by guild? There never was a delay as far as i remember.

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I was wondering about another thing, what is the reasoning about a guild overtaking another guild when it only just managed to match that guilds score, which was reached by that overtaken guild earlier? Are there other factors involved?

17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I would assume total wins is higher.

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Is there anyway to have the wins and losses from my previous user name added to my current totals? Or are they already?

To clarify, this is not a second account; I requested via support a change of my in-game name, and it was changed. The account, in regards to items, campaign progress, etc., has been the same the entire time. However, when the name changed, it started keeping track under the new name (obviously).

It would be nice to have an additional 521 wins and 536 losses as part of my entire Cardhuntrian lore. It was also nice to see that my last win under my old name was against @Scarponi , it is odd to see games against @Robauke with no guild affiliation, and it is funny to see losses to such fearsome competitors as BeeperBeeperFaxMachine, SexyRedFox, KnightWhoSaysHACK, and [Unknown].

Anyway, any help here would be nifty. Thanks.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

bears the question, who were you before the nick change?

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

This is probably not much in the way of help, but [Unknown] is Cardotron 2000.