Custom Scenario Editor Tutorial

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Kalin, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Not currently possible to have a third player. Where would you display their cards?

No, all you can do is use spawn points that work for every group, but it will still spawn each group in order. Mauve Manticore #2 Supplement is the limit of what is currently possible.

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

(Note: you might get better mileage by opening new threads for individual questions about scenario design.)

Not at the moment. Make a suggestion post!

Nope. State of the art, at the moment, is the kind of random shuffling you'll find in Tuknir's games.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

New features have arrived! I've updated screenshots and text in the original post and board editor post.

Tags:
    These are new and experimental and may change as we figure out what works best. Start with Farb's AoS/MOBA post. The first post is a good summary but Farb's list of tags does not quite match Jon's list in the latest build announcement, and leaves out two:

quickDraw
    Creates a Quick Draw game, ignoring monster groups and MP parties. Number of QD chars is based on spawn points.
    noShuffle Decks aren't shuffled prior to initial draw. However, a deck will be shuffled once all its cards are drawn.

Note that using any of the respawn tags disables the total-kill victory condition; you can only win on points (or time). If a player has no chars alive, they just auto-pass.

4. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

So here's a question, is there a way to set up a custom scenario so that you could use one or more of the player's multiplayer characters and some of the pre-made characters on the same team?

5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I wish - a lot of my map ideas have been spoilt by the fact that we cant do that :(

6. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

So, Gary can play Quick Draw. I'm not quite sure what to make of that, or what possibilities it opens, but there must be some. Interesting.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh yeah. All the early internal QD games were actually coop vs Gary. :)

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Custom scenario tags:
    • respawnPeriodOne - Dead characters respawn at the start of every round
    • respawnPeriodTwo - A respawn event occurs every second round (rounds 1, 3, 5, etc.)
    • respawnPeriodThree - A respawn event occurs every third round (rounds 1, 4, 7, etc.)
    • respawnPeriodTriangular - The period between each respawn event increases by 1 each time (rounds 3, 6, 10, 15, etc.)
    • respawnFilterMinion - Only characters from minion groups are respawned
    • respawnFilterNonMinion - Only characters that are not in minion groups are respawned
    • respawnFilterPlayer0 - Only characters belonging to the first player are respawned
    • respawnFilterPlayer1 - Only characters belonging to the second player are respawned
    • noKillPoints - No victory points are awarded for killing any character
    • noMinionKillPoints - No victory points awarded for killing minions
    • noNonMinionKillPoints - Applies to all characters that are not minions
    • quickDraw - Creates a Quick Draw game, ignoring monster groups and MP parties. Number of QD chars is based on spawn points.
    • noShuffle - Decks aren't shuffled prior to initial draw. However, a deck will be shuffled once all its cards are drawn.
    And there will be a few more once EttSC goes live....

majmun, timeracers, Xayrn and 3 others like this.
  9. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Any word on what these are? I haven't seen any mention of them since the expansion was released.

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

@Scarponi : I don't think most people will find that while it's hidden away under "Multiplayer".

BlackVoidDeath and Xayrn like this.
  11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I'd be happy to create an additional link to it from the opening posts index, what do you think people are going to search for it under?

Xayrn likes this.
  12. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

I'd personally think to look under "Custom Scenarios"

BlackVoidDeath and timeracers like this.
  13. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I recommend it as "Custom scenario tags"

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Is there any way to scroll through assests? Depending on the computer I'm using, certain Decal Doodads are housed off screen when I'm on their page and I can't access them. It makes me wonder if there's more which I can't see.

timeracers likes this.
  15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Scroll bars would be really nice.

Do you want me to post screenshots of the larger palettes?

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

@Kalin
    Yes, Put them in spoilers

17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Sure! :)

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

While I'm asking scenario editor stuff... I keep wanting to go through and create a list of every monster available in the custom scenario list with their image next to it for easy reference (since the wiki character list is out of date). This seems like a lot of work so I haven't done it yet. But since Steam stores assets locally (I'm assuming figures are included in this), is there an easy way to throw this together for someone who has Steam (and would anyone want to do it)? If not I can do it eventually.