Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed for next release, thanks!

2. Ben_Lee

3. Ben_Lee

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Citrine Demon Portal, Aftermath 4:
    "Who are and what are causing them?" -Maybe not wrong but kind of awkward grammatically.

Suggestion: "Who and what are causing them?".

6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

The same happened again. This time for Chess Madness.
    Maybe should have posted it as a new topic...

Edit: Happened for the 3rd time, now for Geomancy league.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  7. Ben_Lee

This is logged and is being worked on, thanks!

8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Crystals of Chronak, map 2 intro: "In the center of the room is ladder" should have the word "a" before "ladder."

Also when you mouse over the figures of the Blood Disciples they are described as "Human" instead of "Human Warrior." The Blood Priest is described as "Human Priest," so I'd imagine that "Warrior" applies.

At some point in this module, Melvin refers to "travelling" as opposed to "traveling." I can't recall for sure, but I think you've been using USA spelling for stuff, and so here it would be "traveling."

Crystals of Chronak, map 3 aftermath: "can only mean to one thing" has that extra "to," and "from the from your blades" has that extra "from the."

Secret of the Elder Mind, map 1 intro: "the West" is capitalized when usually this game has not capitalized directions. I think.

Secret of the Elder Mind, map 3 intro: it's called "the Illoth" when the map 1 intro just said "temple of Illoth" without the word "the."

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

In-game description of Death March league:
    "Which buid will dominate this league?"

Some typos from Temple Scales:
    Gary's prompt before third battle:
    "ten feet poles"

Third pre-battle text:
    "Its four heads"
    (maybe change to "Four of its heads")

Fourth pre-battle text:
    "Lizardman warriors"
    (misleading because there aren't any Lizardman Warriors in that battle, just a ton of Darters)
    EDIT: same issue with the second battle.

After the fourth battle, Gary's prompt says:
    "We'll get this done by the morning!"
    (I assume that's a reference to finishing the campaign in a single night, but that doesn't really belong in treasure hunt.)

Not a text bug, but the Hydra still hurts itself when Charging north or east.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  10. boro

boro Goblin Champion

The tip about "you can replay completed adventures once each day" is still there

11. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

The aftermath text for the first battle in Against the Cockroaches reads "These Giant Cockroaches are a foul and unnatural addition to the citys ecosystem."

I'm also unsure about whether "Giant Cockroaches" should be capitalized.

12. Mr. Magnifico

I'm not sure whether in a thread like this it's better to edit an old post if it's the last one in the thread or double post to make sure an issue doesn't get missed. If I'm not in tune with posting etiquette here, I apologize.

In the aftermath of the last battle of the Goblins in the Woods module, the text is "You interrogate the goblin survivors and discover that the goblin leader Guztuk is hiding in a tree fort some distance to the north."

But on the campaign map, the Tree Forts of the Goblin King are actually to the southeast.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  13. Mr. Magnifico

Looks like this was reported already, but it was over a year ago, so either this thread doesn't get a lot of dev love or it slipped through the cracks. The intro blurb for the Temple of Scales module includes "sworn bloody vengeance apon them".

EDIT: The intro text for the second encounter in the Tomb of Tvericus, Mausoleum, mentions a "pair of armored skeletons", but there is actually a trio.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  14. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

They definitely notice, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to post again.

And there, some new-post attention to make sure your recent edit is spotted too.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Will fix.

Yes, monster names are capitalized, in general.

16. Jon

Better to double post, I very rarely scroll back through old posts. I will fix this one.

17. Jon

Will fix.

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Typo found by cheesex and confirmed in the prompts file:
    In Batford's Manor, Gary says "I think Lord Batford has a really valuable sceptre you can can steal."
    (prompt: BatfordManor8)

19. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

The level 18 AotA modules are designated as "RW1", "SW2" and "SW3" on their respective splash screens. Presumably they should all have the same two-letter code, although I haven't been able to guess the meaning of them (did the modules used to have different names?) so I've no idea which is correct!

Edit: "SW" = "Sentient Weapons"?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  20. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

I think the Portentous Proclamations message about the Basic Edition is out of date. It proclaims that the Basic Edition "includes all the Treasure Hunts". Unless I'm mistaken, the Attack of the Artifacts Treasure Hunts are not included in the Basic Edition so this is incorrect.

Bandreus and Flaxative like this.