Test Build 1.30 (1 Oct 2013)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build was mainly deployed to test our full separation of the accounts and metrics databases from the game database. This shouldn't affect anything other than performance, which won't be an issue on test. However, it affects a lot of systems, so we're going to make sure it hasn't broken anything before deploying live.

Other misc fixes/changes:

Cards
    • Reworded Bungled Heal and Squeamish rule text.
    Multiplayer
    • There's now a minimum time to get back into a new match after a loss to discourage resigning without a fight.
    Adventures
    • Fixed the missing door and roach decks we introduced in 1.25.
    Items
    • No loot tag indicates item shouldn't appear as loot.
    • Set Goldleaf Blade to "no loot".
    Chests
    • Fixed a deadlock on opening/resetting chests.

2. ikszipszilon

ikszipszilon Kobold

FYI Hand of Melvelous just appeared in my rare shop and no, I did not sell mine.

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Don't think any items other than Goldleaf Blade actually have the no loot tag. I know people that have several Hands at m.

4. ikszipszilon

ikszipszilon Kobold

Ok. It just felt strange in the shop :)

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It would make sense to do this to the White Star Diamond too, so we don't have to worry about what happens once we start getting level 30 dungeons.

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Don't think there's meant to be unique loot like that Kalin. I could be wrong, but I believe the no loot tag was set for the Goldleaf Blade because it wasn't meant to be in the game currently.

7. Lindbergh

Lindbergh Kobold

While I understand the intent, is there a way to tie it to an additional metric, like say the beginning of your previous match? I get that it can't be just beginning of previous match because then an auto resigner would end up grieffing the other player. But as described, what I am seeing is an added timeout penalty for anyone losing a match that was played in good faith.

So using an arbitrary time point, if a match lasts for at least 5 total minutes, perhaps the loss time could be waved?

8. Jon

It's worth noting that this is measured from the start time of your match. So, if you actually play, you won't notice it at all. The only time you'll notice it is if you resign very shortly after starting.

9. Lindbergh

Lindbergh Kobold

Gotcha. That's what I was trying to say in my unclear way.

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, first game against gary....resigned 18s. Next game: 4min 50 sec timer ... wow, punishing :p hmm, should the timer extend after speed resigning against an AI ?

edit: hot damn, resigned against Zoor in 22s, next timer is 9 mins ? Is there an upper bound somewhere ? :p

11. Jon

That sounds wrong. I'll check into it.

12. Jon

Resigning vs. the AI is still frowned upon.

13. rephikul

rephikul Mushroom Warrior

I like it. Please keep!!

14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Well, there are two free games against Gary per account...right ? If for some reason, the player had to resign...the 5min timer would make the experience somewhat tasteless.

15. rephikul

rephikul Mushroom Warrior

I thought those battles are scripted to always kick in until you win?

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, funny chat input bug. I typed 'chest is proving difficult.' in the chat box. Then moved my cursor from '.' backwards using the left arrow key.

a) It skipped the 'ff' in 'difficult'.
    b) And the cursor hung at 'i' in 'difficult'. As in my cursor then just kept moving around 'i' and it could never get to the front of the sentence. Using 'Home' on the keyboard worked tho.
    c) 'che is proving difficult' worked fine... 'ches is proving difficult' doesn't. yeah...so 17 chars before 'iff' is the trigger.
    d) I used 'Home' on the keyboard to go to the start of the sentence and then moved my cursor forward (right arrow key). When the cursor was before 'g', the next keypress moves it all the way to before 'c' in difficult.

chest is provin|g difficult
    chest is proving diffi|cult

edit: tested in ffox and IE

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

After the change to show all players in lobby, players currently in ranked games can be invited to casual games. They forfeit the ranked match if they accept but that's not the point. Its a possible griefing exploit as in I can repeatedly invite the player and thereby keep spamming the invitation UI.

18. Did some testing. The behavior phaselock describes starts when you put in fffffffff ( nine fs) into the chat box. In addition with other weird oddities like backspace deleting 2 chars. 8 fs work fine. Coincidentally that's also the overflow number in hexadecimal for 32 bit systems. So my guess is the bug lies somewhere there with the system trying to interpret the chat input as a hexadecimal.