Flash player in Linux

Discussion in 'Support' started by timegas, Jun 17, 2013.

1. timegas

timegas Kobold

Just got a beta invite and tried loading up http://live.cardhunter.com and I was greeted with a message that I needed to install Flash. I examined some of the source to see what it was trying to load and loaded up: http://live.cardhunter.com/client/CardHunterWebApp.swf

It looks like the Flash program is loading but it fails when it tries to load configuration with the following error in the console:

GET http://live.cardhunter.com/client/sfs-config.xml 403 (Forbidden)

So I'm not entirely sure what it's doing here, but it's obviously trying to get some configuration file it doesn't have access too.. Perhaps I've missed some sort of authorization step.

Any help would be nice so that I can give this game a go and help report more useful bugs ;)

My web browser is: Chromium Version 27.0.1453.110 (202711)

Flash version: 11.2.202.285

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hi, not sure why you have that error, but you'll need at least Flash 11.5.

I would start by updating Chromium to the latest version. What operating system are you running on?

3. timegas

timegas Kobold

Unfortunately, Adobe only supports 11.2 on GNU/Linux.. I believe I am using the latest stable version of Chromium already.

4. Ezekremiah

Ezekremiah Kobold

Same issue here, so I guess no chance for me to play Card Hunter from work!

However, given how much I played over the weekend, this is probably a good thing as I'd likely end up without a job! :D

5. timegas

timegas Kobold

Is there any chance of the developers supporting this version of Flash, or should I simply abandon the idea of being able to play this game?

6. Kane

Kane Kobold

Have you tried using the pepper flash plugin? Works fine for me (Ubuntu 12.04 / Chromium).

7. Ezekremiah

Ezekremiah Kobold

Unfortunately, my laptop's only running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, so I can't install the Pepper Flash plugin (which requires 12.04 or above).

It's a work laptop, so I've been reluctant to go to 12.04 or higher, but I am finding more and more reasons to upgrade...

8. gorbad_6

gorbad_6 Kobold

thanks for the hint! works nicely with chrome and pepper flash. curse adobe for pulling linux supprt

9. dropchid

dropchid Kobold

Installed this today with Chromium+Pepper (as per Kane's link above) on Kubuntu 13.04. Works well.

10. danarchy

danarchy Kobold

Anyone of you magnificent techy types know if I can install pepper flash on Android? I have flash 11.2 installed already but the game does not support it. I am using 4.x version of Jelly Bean at the moment on a Asus transformer tablet and would LOVE to be able to play this.

11. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I remember someone saying they've successfully used Splashtop to play on tablets. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

12. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Yes! That works quite well!

13. nCrazed

nCrazed Kobold

Does the game actually use any 11 specific features or could it be built for older flash version to avoid these compatibility issues altogether?

14. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It does use right-click, which was added in 11.2.

15. die2lustigen3

die2lustigen3 Kobold

you know, ive had some issues with chromium as well, trying to install pepperflash.
    what is working for me is just using chrome which comes with pepper preinstalled, so try that.
    had some weird issues with sound cracking up but thatwas due to some issues with my creative soundcard which seems to be problematic for a lot of different stuff, not only in linux as well.
    so i deactivated the card as well, now im running on the onboard chip and everthing is just working the way it should

16. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

The exactly same problem occurs when trying to use "Standalone Flash Projector". Can be downloaded here: https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

Is there any legit workaround to make it work?