Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Birthday Suit
    Level 6 Common Robes
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Settemio, FDrybob, Pawndawan and 6 others like this.
  2. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

My bad, thought it drew a card.

3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

If only there was a "Strike" for Acquisitions Inc. I could do an "all strike" series. Added Raging Strike to make it not very useful in theory. Let's try this though (and in order of release date of expansions):

Axe of Ages / Striker of Sempiternity
    Weapon, Level 20, Two Major Tokens, Epic
    Raging Strike, Sundering Strike, Laser Strike, Double Axe To The Face, Inquisitor's Strike, Ready To Strike

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I could also replace Double Axe To The Face with Prestidigitation and make it some other strike instead of Raging Strike. :-P

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I blame players who don't name their characters Omin.

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Leathery Hide never looked inappropriate to me before @Maniafig put it in Birthday Suit but now I will never be able to unsee the frightening nudity.
    Well played.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've been trying to do something like @Stexe's idea of one card from each set, but there's only one card in the AA set and that one was clearly intended to be helmet-only. So I made a list of cards that only appear on AA items to give me more choices.

Cards only used on AA items:
    Clumsy
    Crude Plates
    Everlasting Ground
    Festering Guts
    Ice Bolts
    Ooze Shove
    Open Wound
    Ready To Strike
    Sneaky Bloodsuck
    Solid Wood
    Tongue Grab
    Tongue Storm
    Tongue Lash
    Unstoppable Chop

Using a monster card in this contest may hurt your chances of winning, but maybe not as much as putting Ready To Strike in a different slot.

7. Stexe

Or you could use one of the other AA cards that never made it into the game but were considered from the contest a while ago :-P http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/aloyzos-arsenal-15-you-make-the-card-part-4-card-effect.10260/

The cards were mainly designed for helmets but who knows, maybe you can get it on a non-helmet!

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'd forgotten about those (and that this contest happened after the CM cards were added to the game). If you're too lazy to dig through that thread, the other cards can be found here:
    http://forums.cardhunter.com/thread...-part-4-card-effect.10260/page-10#post-124704

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  9. Stexe

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

In this contest I kept trying to fit cards into two themes and running into dead ends (a couple already posted here). After a while I finally got an axe that I was happy with (and checked to make sure I wasn't copying Stexe's entry). And while I was waiting to be sure that was my best idea, I came up with an idea I liked even better, so I submitted that instead. Apparently, the correct strategy was to not use two themes but four, hahaha.

Anyway, here's my runner-up entry, free for anyone else to submit or use for inspiration:
    Aloyzo's Anniversary Axe
    level 19 legendary weapon (majortoken)(majortoken)
    Chop, Impetuous Slash, Laser Cutdown, Double Axe To The Face, Vengeance, Unstoppable Chop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And as a bonus, I'm giving away a name I really, really loved, but after literally days of searching I couldn't find enough cards for:
    Auld Lang Scythe

11. Submission

Possible (in-official) subtitles:
    • Don't mess up time (too much)
    • Handle with caution
    • ... but the timeline may strike back (and hit someone you won't expect)

I know that two of the cards aren't on items of this slot at the time, but I couldn't find a reasonable argument why this should be a problem at all (especially for the handicap card).

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Is anyone working on a MM submission for this month? And can anyone help me come up with a name for Cardhuntria's version of Etsy?

Stexe likes this.
  13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How strong is Radiation Bomb in PvP? I'm thinking of putting one copy on a double minor divine weapon, which would increase the max per deck from 7 to 8.

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

It gets a little play, but not a ton since the Savage Curse nerf. I don't think it would be a problem.

15. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

I've had the same idea as Maniafig (with the negative trait at the end)...but not for a wizard

16. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

17. Salwador

Salwador Kobold

Maybe...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. BORINGO

BORINGO Kobold

19. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

My initial idea was to make an item themed around the 25th letter of the alphabet, Y, but then I found out there isn't even a single card that starts with Y. This might be the hardest challenge yet, 25 isn't the easiest number to theme around since it's just so large by CH standards.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  20. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

Improvise