Aloyzo's Arsenal #15: You make the card! Part 4: Card Effect!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Flaxative, Oct 21, 2016.

?

Aloyzo's making a new card. What's the card?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2016.
  1. Clear Mind

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Disengage, Soldiers!

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Ready to Strike

30 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Scout's Vigil

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Terrifying Visage

30 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. Trailblazer

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hello Card Hunters!

For our next contest, we're going to do something a little different. The wizard Aloyzo has upgraded his magical forge and he can now process Bluemanchia, a rare substance that some say comprises the very fabric of the Cardhuntrian universe! Mad with power, Aloyzo is dead set on changing the rules of Cardhuntria by creating his very own cards!!

In a series of polls, Aloyzo will determine what kind of card to make. Then Blue Manchu will release one or more items including the new card!!

Poll 1: Item Slot: HELMET
    First, we'll pick which primary item slot(s) the card will be designed for.

Poll 2: Card Type: BOOST and/or UTILITY
    Then, we'll pick whether it's an Attack, Assist, etc.

Poll 3: Quality: SILVER
    As the third step, we'll pick the card's quality.

Poll 4: Effect & Name: READY TO STRIKE or TERRIFYING VISAGE
    Given the above choices, Aloyzo will offer a variety of different possible card effects, each tied to the name of the card with that effect. This is the final round!

Each poll will be open for 3 days, so this process should wrap up in the first week of November. Then Blue Manchu will get cracking on item designs.

This month, there are no winners or losers. Just a fun collaborative effort to design a cool new card!!

#

These are the two possible winners:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Which will Aloyzo craft? Stay tuned!

(The chosen card may receive further tweaks for balance.)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Aloyzo's gone mad with power! :eek:

In light of a lack of AI Helmets and there not being too many new Helmet toys in CM I have to vote Helmet. They are a Warrior's more distinct attribute, after all, remove a Warrior's Helmet and you just have a theologically incompetent Priest!

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

No skills? I guess I'll also have to go with Helmet in that case.

EDIT: Forget that... we need more Amethyst quality priest cards, so I'll go with that instead.

Solip and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I plan to vote on quality and card type in the same way that the actual cards do it. For example for quality: -,A,A,B,B,,,

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Before you plan 'how to vote' you might want to see how the poll is set up lol :D

ParodyKnaveBob, Reint and Maniafig like this.
  6. hello world

hello world Hydra

I think I want to vote shield,block and tar just for the lulz. I can even imagine some cute ones that could be interesting.

ParodyKnaveBob and SceoMyntan like this.
  7. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

I think an AMETHYST card unique to BOOTS would be really interesting--and it wouldn't throw off the balance between classes/races, because every character uses boots. I'm thinking Rocket Charge meets Elven Trickery to earn purple quality, or maybe Team Walk meets Violent Spin??

EDIT: On second thought I see we get to choose the card type as well. So we could put an amethyst boost card exclusively on arcane items or some other unheard of combination (?).

ParodyKnaveBob and SceoMyntan like this.
  8. I think that a new card for the divine armor slot would be very interesting as thoroughly priestly armors haven't been explored nearly as much as the warrior or wizard ones.

3beaner and timeracers like this.
  9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Making an amethyst (AAA) quality card wouldn't throw off balance since high rated cards have high costs and vice versa. Obviously making an OP amethyst card could throw off balance just like making an OP paper (D) card would.

10. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Castle Mitternacht is going to bring us interesting new cards on every slot, so on a whim I'll vote weapon.

Swords! Not words!

trrst and Potato Priest like this.
  11. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Shields and Boots already have distinct flavors to them, and all the core class slots are pretty well represented.
    :glances at the poll: Nice to see I'm not the only one that feels Helmets could use a bit more zing to them. =O

12. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Wizards tend to have the most interesting cards so I'm voting Arcane Item.

13. 3beaner

3beaner Guild Leader

With CM coming all the priests are going to need something to protect them from the things that lurk in the darkness...so I voted Divine Armor. You heathens should too!

14. Hardly no one liked my Halloween mask (helmet) for 14, now all the sudden folks want helmets. Forums!

I'll vote helmet since Mages and Clerics are pretty powerful pre-expansion so might as well pick helmet and hope the new card gets teamed up with Quick Reactions!

15. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Warriors are powerful too. Everyone is powerful, so I choose boots so everyone can be even more powerful.

Also, tar quality movement cards will be hilarious given that shuffle is paper.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  16. Well Boots have already won AA 4 times, but Helmets haven't!

17. hello world

hello world Hydra

wizard card:step 2, then 3 damage burst targeting your square. You are welcome.

18. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

HELMEEEEEETS

19. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

It would be cool to see a tool for melee wizards imo.

20. Let's assume we go for helmets. Then after 3 days we will have to go for assist or armor. Then, most probably we will follow with either green or purple. So we will end up with a crappy helmet that has Delegate. And we will never use it because it will cost 1 major token. Same with boots. So I'd go with armors or arcane/divine items.

WexMajor and Potato Priest like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.