Mitternacht Playtest Guidelines & Rewards

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Flaxative, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'd like to encourage everyone who has participated in actual playtesting (that is, everyone who's made a thread with reports based on games played) to read each other's threads and engage in discussions about the conclusions you're drawing. :)

Also, I want to thank everyone who's been really testing stuff and thinking about it. Your feedback is super helpful.

kkarma likes this.
  2. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

Is there any expected official release date/time period for the expansion?

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Rohndil likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We hope to get it out by end of month but no official date as there are some unknowns.

Pokemaster131 likes this.
  5. hello world

hello world Hydra

Silly idea, but what about clarifying that in the "normal" adventures no enemy deals silver damage the first time an item with creature of the night is dropped for an account? it could even soften up newbies to put negative traits in their deck, and the card might be a little confusing otherwise.

Lucky Dice likes this.
  6. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

Vampire's kiss kinda seems OP. 1. discard the hand and fill it with vampires, i get the vampire infection style you're going for, but come on. the whole hand? that'll make a tanky vampire vs another tanky vampire. 2. 6 dmg and you heal by 2 for each dmg it inflicts...That's a heal for 12. TWELVE. Are we going for a tank priest vibe (we already have nimbus priests) or just go tank every single hit and make other classes vampire tanks too? That's just a crazy amount of heal imo. it shouldn't be that much of a heal. Just saying. Oh and about the silver damage...who needs that when you get turned into a legit vampire tank? :D

wereviper likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

8. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Still need of other testing following these guideline?

I think there are many conclusion's to discuss now :) so i will open a new topic.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm feeling pretty good about the testing so far. I think the last set of changes fixed most of the problems.

We're going to fix the Inquisition Bolt bug, and a couple more small balance issues, and hopefully get the Halloween content on test ASAP.

I'll still give chests to people based on games played if you're investigating something that you feel needs more pressure until we have our final build.

10. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I think that the problem will be the itemizzation of a couple of item maybe... but also the "strong item" have they weak point.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Update for everyone: we are moving forward. In the next day or so we'll get a new test build up with Halloween content, new AA, new MM, etc.

We're making the following changes to CM content:
    • Flaring Torch up to 4 damage. Flaring Torch bonus damage to forms down to 4, but it also applies to the burning damage.
    • Vampire's Kiss now deals 6 damage, and has a 1:1 damage:heal ratio.
    • Hex of Dissolution base damage down to 3.
    • Inquisition Bolt is no longer buggy.
    • Zombie Form can no longer draw itself.
    If we need to make more changes before release, we will, but at this point we are pretty happy with the shape the content is in. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who playtested.

Christofff, Solip, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  12. hello world

hello world Hydra

Kinda scared about vanguard surviving unharmed, was expecting a wounded block on the tokenless skill or even it just working with move cards that could move characters by 2 or more spaces, failing a block check is even more painful now.

vitreo84 likes this.
  13. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I think that to nerf vanguard there is the need to play it in many games againist the old dear blind rage... and i think that blind rage won't be nerfed anymore :)

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Using Vampire's Kiss on an ally is no longer going to be a thing.
    Obviously it will happen on occasion but that is like using purge just to face the enemy or a heal card to get rid of an enemy block.

wereviper and Solip like this.
  15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

It seems like they are putting in a new update right now!

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Or the test server could be down for no reason? Error 2032
    EDIT: server down for maintenance

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Server has been down for maintenance for several hours now.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I just disabled maintenance mode on Test.

Changes:
    • Halloween!
    • Halloween Store added to campaign map & Item Island
    • Aloyzo's Arsenal 14 winners added to Halloween Store
    • Halloween figures added to Cuthbert's
    • Halloween Ranked Map Rotation #2 rotated in
    • Mauve Manticore 20 added to campaign map
    • Aloyzo's Arsenal 13 winners are guaranteed drops from Mauve Manticore 20
    • Castle Mitternacht!
    • Fixed a bug where Wind Dancer wouldn't work if it was attached by Genetic Engineering
    • Flaring Torch up to 4 damage. Flaring Torch bonus damage to forms down to 4, but it also applies to the burning damage.
    • Vampire's Kiss now deals 6 damage, and has a 1:1 damage:heal ratio.
    • Hex of Dissolution base damage down to 3.
    • Inquisition Bolt is no longer buggy.
    • Zombie Form can no longer draw itself.

Known Issues:
    None of the latest image assets (AA item icons, MM module cover, new large portraits for MM characters...) are showing up. We're looking into this. In the meantime, please test Mauve Manticore 20 without those graphics. Sorry :)

What's Left?
    I'm committing a few more changes, like moving the Halloween figures to the front of the figure shop, and writing some prompts for Gary/Melvin when the Mitternacht shop reveals. Also, we'll obviously be trying to fix the image bug mentioned above. Aside from that, barring any show-stopping bugs, we should basically have our release candidate. Thanks everyone for helping!

A Note on Rewards
    I'll do my best to get testers your chests ASAP once the content launches, but realistically it might take me a day or so.

19. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

I'm sorry if I sound insatiable or annoying (I'm really happy with all the changes, I can't stress that enough), I'd just like to ask a few things if you don't mind. I don't even know if this is the proper place of posting this, but there seems to be some little discussion about it, and I believe it'll be the easiest to find it here, so I thought I could as well ask here. As always, I'm not adept at balance, so I'm more asking about possibilities and trying to raise questions than implying that whatever I say should be done or even that it's a good idea, so I'm sorry if I accidentally come across too assertive.

Is Swarm of Bats going to remain unchanged? I understand that with the new Vampire's Kiss it's much harder to get it, but at the end of the day it's still a potentially game-breaking card with godly itemization. It often had profound effect on the battles I fought, and I'll have to admit I'm a little afraid of it as things are right now.

The other is half a suggestion, too. How feasible is the thought that Daylight wouldn't be blocked by Illusory Barrier? I really don't like arbitrary exceptions to rules, but it got me thinking. Now that Death March is around, and a lot of people don't really want to play Illusory Barriers yet nearly everyone does because not playing it nearly equals defeat in itself, I thought it'd be nice to have at least something to counter its mind-numbing dominance in Death March. It feels to fit in with the flavour as well, at least to me. Maybe if it was only blocked by blocking terrain? It wouldn't feel so arbitrary that way.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Have we tested Inq Bolt enough yet? Because Undead Spark + Inq Bolt might be pretty potent.