Playtest Update: Test Build 3.156 (10/9)

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Flaxative, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sorry for the delay folks. It's actually entirely on me because I thought we'd created a new bug with Ancient Grudge when we... hadn't. Brain misfiring. Whoops.

Here're the changes!

Changes
    • Searching "CM, " "Castle," or "Mitternacht" in the deckbuilder should bring up mostly or only Castle Mitternacht items.

Card Bug Fixes
    • Wind Dancer doesn't trigger on Step attacks that don't complete. (Made explicit in card text)
    • Vanguard interaction with Escaping Run and Spin Around fixed
    • Vanguard text fixed to clarify function; it Pushes your ally
    • Curse of Fragility is now tagged Harmful for the AI's benefit
    • Vampire's Kiss now counts as a vampire card, meaning Vampires can draw it
    • Destructive Purge now has a short name
    • Form cards now work with filtered draw effects (e.g. Inspiring Presence, Pathfinding, etc.)
    • Negative Energy Being now deals Unholy damage when the source of the healing it's converting doesn't have a damage type (e.g. Vampiric Form)

Card Balance Changes
    • Zombie Form is now a pure Handicap
    • Boo! is now a Sonic attack that can only be played from behind
    • Sacred Shroud's armor value reduced from 2 to 1
    • Inquisitor's Badge's Immunity to Silver now only functions once
    • Daylight now also cleanses terrain attachments in range
    • Daylight is now Unblockable and its damage is now unpreventable
    • Daylight's damage and healing both reduced from 5 to 4
    • Daylight now also only affects squares/characters in line of sight
    • Hex of Dissolution base damage increased from 4 to 5
    • Hex of Dissolution bonus damage per acid square reduced from 1/2 to 1/3
    • Walpurgis Night is now a hybrid Attack/Handicap because it is a Mandatory Action
    • Ancient Grudge is a Sonic attack with base damage 0, and only starts adding damage after 4 cards are in discard
    • Medium's Garb armor changed from reliable to 5+ roll
    • Vampire's Kiss damage reduced from 6 to 4
    • Vampire's Kiss now only replaces the target's oldest card with a Vampire card
    • Inquisition base damage reduced from 3 to 2
    • Inquisition Bolt deals +5 damage to characters with a Form attached instead of looking at cards in hand
    • Inquisition Bolt reveals target's hand
    • Vengeance base damage reduced from 9 to 8
    • Ethereal Form no longer grants Immunity to untargeted effects; now it grants Armor 4 against them
    • Ethereal Form's card pool replaces Mind Muddle with Acid Jet
    • Lycanthropic Form's armor no longer affects Silver damage
    • Blight now only attached Handicaps to adjacent enemies

Item Changes
    • Snarlcub Hide: -Toughened Hide Strips +Officer's Harness
    • Subterranean Ferocity: -Reliable Hide Armor +Unreliable Block
    • Satin & Silk Pajamas have switched names
    • New item! "Dainty Silversmith," tokenless Elf Skill with Fey Silversmith, Fey Silversmith, Skip.

Other Fixes
    • When a character with a Form attached dies, their figure reverts correctly
    • Set initials in the deckbuilder are now "CM" instead of "MN"

Rohndil, adajon, wereviper and 7 others like this.
  2. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

looking forward to trying these changes out, looks good!!

3. hello world

hello world Hydra

Ouch, that medium garb buff.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

How did we buff it, just to clarify?

5. hello world

hello world Hydra

Sundering strike and vampire kiss are now way worse at removing it :p

Pokemaster131 and timeracers like this.
  6. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Lol great job Flax! I know all about those dreaded brain misfires and did you smell that smoke when your brain was overworking? lol Will be back on the test server when I can get a chance!

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Dainty Silversmith made me snicker.
    Balance changes look good. The mandatory Walpurgis night is a very nice touch (nobody can control when a holiday occurs)
    My only disappointment with these changes is that I'll no longer be able to shred through the Storges in the Troll Tyrant with inquisition bolt. :(
    My favorite one is that Boo! can now only be played from behind. Very fun mechanic.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    MathuranF and Flaxative like this.
  8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I thought about that before the nerf even happened.

9. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

Happy to see you nerfed the vampire's kiss card :) I'm busy with real life right now (school and homework take like, 50% of my day you see) and i get to play only in the night or evening. I'll make sure to test these out when i get a chance.

Flaxative likes this.
  10. hello world

hello world Hydra

I was mostly kidding about the garb, but approaching wizards with a priest to deal a non-lethal amount of draining damage can happen, and they have sundering on some good items so I found a bit funny that it is a nerf vs. wizards and warrior, but probably not that much of a nerf vs. priests.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Looks great! I especially like what you did with Daylight.

Pokemaster131 and Flaxative like this.
  12. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

Does Hex of Dissolution now round up if there are 2 acid tiles on the map, or does it need 3 to get the damage buff? (5+2/3=6, or 5+2/3=5?)

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's +1 per 3, so when there's 3, it's +1, when there's 6 (two 3s) it's +2, etc...

5 is still only one 3 :)

Pokemaster131 likes this.
  14. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

Now that they're handicaps, can we draw Zombie Form and Walpurgis Night from radiation effects?

15. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Vanguard tigers on step moves? it should funtion that way? i see it too strong.

Edit: i mean step attacks.

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, though player radiation doesn't draw cards - it only attaches - so you'll only get Walpurgis from radiation in Sky Citadel maps.
    (Zombie Form was already a handicap, so actually nothing has changed in this department.)

It's working as intended; if it's too strong in the playtest we can nerf if need be.

Pokemaster131, Macizo and wereviper like this.
  17. @Flaxative THe text of Wind Dancer Confuses me. IT looks like a Law of Excluded middle, and isn't clear about this "doesn't trigger on Step attacks that don't complete"

18. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

The new stuff is pretty balanced. I like it. I think that you fixed most of the giant flaws it had. thanks for letting us test it :)

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

Not sure how feel about Daylight. It's 4 healing, potentially 4 unblockable/unpreventable (possibly burfftable?) damage to targets within LOS AND it also clears all terrain attachments within LOS. It just seems to be a bit of a panacea.

20. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Priest need a strong card to cleanse terrain attachment better than wizard ;)