Summer Balance Discussion

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Any particular reason for Accelerate Time change?

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

3. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

So there was more issue with Accelerate Time than with Volcano?

4. Well rip Misanthrope campaign grinding builds.

[​IMG]

Now I gotta use firestorm cheese like everyone else.

ParodyKnaveBob and DupleX like this.
  5. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Just use armor?

6. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Yeah, but i guess he means that the whole build have to be changed and looses a lot of damage potential. Way less use of ArcaneAura+FoA combo.

ParodyKnaveBob and FinalCheetah like this.
  7. Well i suggest a new mechanic: Single player conditional. With that, the effect of some cards can change on a Single player map.

For example for Flash of Agony the text could be something like this: "Affects yourself and every character you have line of sight to. If you play this card on Campaign, ignore the damage done to yourself."

Also Savage Curse could be hated on MP, but on Campaign is a sweet love. The text could be: "Attach to target. Each time target plays a damaging Attack, Frenzy 3 and they discard their oldest card. If you play this card on Campaign, add 4 damage to that attack instead. Keep. Duration 3"

Also the other thing than could be bad for some maps is Telekinesis. The text could be: "Slide 2, Fly. If you play this card on Campaign, Teleport instead."

The text: "If you play this card on Campaign" could be replaced with a keyword like "Campaign"

With that, my previous suggestion of have two version of cards isn't needed.
    I was inspired on how Obvious Maneuver works against Game Master.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    FinalCheetah and Lucky Dice like this.
  8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

My thoughts are that there must be a better angle to weaken notorious burfft items then this FoA change. I wonder why we didnt see more of the new unbuffable keyword, range adjustments or more reasonable card compositions of those items. Range 5 seems to be trending.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  9. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

FoA was too good even without burfft being OP imo. It's currently stronger than Sorcerous Bolt.

10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

A uh last moment addition could be, adding "Discard your oldest card and draw one" to Everybody Drink!

11. Yeah it really was quite strong. But then again, Firestorm is still insanely strong even after its nerf.
    The whole point of the build is to hold 2 auras in your hand while you nuke, that's what made it stronger than firestorm builds.

12. Exactly, also was a viable strategy for Campaign and not for Multiplayer. Galvatron, if you want to farm, do you want to draw damage not defensive stuff.

Also even when i call it farm, I only do a single run of Campaign until lvl 9.

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I keep saying we've got some sweet anti-burfft stuff coming in the next expansion - hold tight!!

A note on campaign farming - our primary balance goal for singleplayer is to ensure the main campaign be beatable for new players. Rare cards basically don't factor into this consideration. We've never especially wanted folks to spend their time Firestorming (or Flash of Agonying) zombies over and over, and while we aren't interested in taking steps to punish this specifically, it's not something we worry about preserving. If you want to read more about this reasoning, we have blog posts about past balance changes (including Firestorm), changes to the economy (when we made PvP loot way better), etc..

ParodyKnaveBob, Robauke and Macizo like this.
  14. Ok I'm going to be a bit blunt here, but the tokenless staffs are either firestorm and flash of agony, all the others are trash. If people didn't run FoA/FS they would run vamps which are only just a tiny bit slower. The problem is there are no decent tokenless staffs to run something more interesting or fun.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Again, this isn't a concern of ours. If people want to farm singleplayer maps as quickly as possible, they will always find whichever way is the fastest, and it's of little import unless it provides loot rates better than multiplayer.

Now, is the quality of tokenless staves a problem more generally? Maybe. Stay tuned for the expansion! (though, Hotglass is pretty fantastic, and that's peasant legal)

16. Hotglass? :/ I am glad to hear there are new tokenless ones in the works though, we need a good one with synergy!

17. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

How much we gonna wait for the next expantion? about 6 months? I would like to see a more usable shields.

Any way Thanks for your work.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I can't give you an estimate right now but I think it'll take less time than previous expansions, as we're basically focusing on cards & items - this won't be a big campaign update.

Master Goo and Macizo like this.
  19. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

So now you will have to use Shimmering Aura Boots and do some minor changes. Weaker but still viable. And for farming, my first farming wizard was built around what I had by then - Staves of Peril, and he worked so well I still believe he's stronger on certain maps than both Firestorm and Flash of Agony mages. Sadly I don't have the build anymore. And what do Firestorm mages have for low level farming, Inferno Staves that are Combustible? Because Mulik Staves with just 2 Firestorms don't really look that appealing to me.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  20. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Just a note this makes several of the 1hp quests much harder, though you probably aren't concerned with that.

timeracers likes this.