Ozyola's Oddments Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pawndawan, Jan 20, 2016.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I suggest you enforce the one monthly rule and have more legit items gain tie breaks(so if there is 1 slot left in the community poll and 2 submissions have the same amount of likes then you choose based on which is more legit).

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

96 hours left to take part of Ozyola's Oddments #1

The first contest ends around 12:00 UTC Sunday 7th, February.

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. hello world

hello world Hydra

mace of the redeemed hermit
    3 mighty bludgeon, 2 purge,1 loner

1 minor token epic divine weapon.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  4. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Hmmm....I love what I submitted, but, thinking along cheese levels, I present the Rad Gun:
    Divine Weapon
    Lv 16
    2x Radioactive Spray
    2x Radiation Bolt
    2x Radiation Bomb

This could probably go in Aloyzo as well, considering the nice 2/2/2 look, but I think Ozyola is a bit more lax than his half brother...

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's... almost balanced, actually. I mean, it's too powerful to be included, but it only actually increases the max Rad Bomb count by 1.

For a properly cheesy item, I offer this:
    Nuke It From Orbit
    level 7 Epic divine weapon (minortoken)
    3x Radiation Bomb
    3x Loner

6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Oh, I just came up with another idea that's even more overpowered than my previous submission....but people liked my item, so it might have a .4875% shot in a community choice poll. Oh, the horror of decisions.

EDIT: never mind, changed it. I'm going all-out for this photoshop contest.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Sir Veza likes this.
  7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Please delete the old post and post the new submission instead of editing it. Because it doesn't bump it or remove all the likes from the prior submission.

8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

No.

CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  9. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Thank you! That really means a lot to me.

10. Pawndawan

36 hours left to take part of Ozyola's Oddments #1

The first contest ends around 12:00 UTC Sunday 7th, February.

Be sure to check the latest submission and like them, if you'd like to see them on the community poll.

11. Pawndawan

Ozyola's Oddments #1 Community Choice is now open!

Only nine (9) poll options, since the tenth spot was shared with three (3) items.
    #,Submitter,Item name,Likes
    1,billiska,Vibrant Drain,15
    2,LieutenantCommanderData,Staff of Inevitable Fireballs,12
    3,seth arue,Nuclear Grenade Launcher,11
    3,Sir Veza,Space Heater Staff,11
    5,gulo gulo,Glass Cannon,10
    5,Maniafig,Thinking Out Loud,10
    5,Kalin,FTL Footwear,10
    8,think_panther,Forgotten Lore,7
    8,Mama Mia,Patient Zero,7
    9,timeracers,Enchanted Robes,6
    9,Super4011,Berserker's Ancient Pulverizer,6
    9,Pyrious,Euclid's Staff of Ancient Geometry,6
    13,FDrybob,Ogre King's Unblockable Maul,5
    13,Hidden Jaguar,Sal's Laser Halberd,5
    13,Killer74,Parrying Axe,5
    13,melkor_unlimited,Hard bash,5
    17,VermillionOcean,Flying Fortress of DOOM,4
    17,BlackVoidDeath,Lightsaber,4
    17,Frostguard,Crazy Sal's Hefty Pike,4
    17,Lucky Dice,Amulet of Savage Iljin,4
    21,ParodyKnaveBob,Debilitation Hacking Module,3
    21,Adunien,Big Red Cushion,3
    23,WexMajor,Dragonplate Armor,2
    24,Reint,Nimble Bludgeoner of Rage,1
    24,hello world,Defective baptism mace,1

More stats about OO #1 submission next week. Stay tuned and vote! :)

12. Pawndawan

Results for the Ozyola's Oddments #1 are now live! If you want to watch the video first before knowing the winners, stop scrolling around the forums now:

The winning items for OO #1 are...
    @billiska's Vibrant Drain (lvl 17 Legendary Divine Weapon, (majortoken)(minortoken))
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

@Maniafig's Thinking Out Loud (lvl 6 Common Hunan Skill, tokenless)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I will add a short written review for each submitted item, so be sure to read those too. OO #2 will open tomorrow, Sunday 21st February.

billiska, Mama Mia, Robauke and 2 others like this.
  13. hello world

hello world Hydra

Part of the reason I wasn't using able bludgeon was to make it a common so that every newbie could just buy it for the campaign.

14. Pawndawan

Ah, good point! :) For OO #1, I didn't really consider item rarities, but creating a common item that every starting player has easy access is definitely a great plus.

I think you would've gained much more likes and eventually community votes, if you'd have presented your submission more thoroughly and make it more attractive with card images and rarity info. :)

15. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Whoo, now if only Thinking Out Loud actually were a Human Skill!

The video was interesting to watch and the feedback was interesting to read, I wasn't actually aware of the Wizard Enchanted Harness valuation and the presentation with the negative AA background and amazing text-to-speech really sells this as an anti-AA. :p

Looking forward to what the next theme will be!

16. Pawndawan

Thanks! Hopefully robotic voice wasn't too annoying. I orignally had planned and even scripted a dialogue between me and Cardomom 500, but had to ditch that plan because my cheap microphone picked up too much background noises and hissing.

In the end, maybe that was a good thing, since my heavy accent sounds quite awkward too. :p

Anyways, I'm open for collaboration for OO #2 video, if someone with fluent English and a good microphone wants to help me. In the meantime, I try to give Cardomom an interesting personality, now it was just half-robot / half-me speaking, because I quickly mashed our spoken parts together.

17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i like like how the shopped item icon for vibrant drain looks insanely badass, while being obviously "too big" for any item slot. (Cardhunter aint ready yet)
    EDIT: I see its 60x60, so it just appears to shake the establishement.

Pawndawan likes this.
  18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Item rarity was part of the reason for my final submission too. (One idea that I didn't post was level 18 legendary boots with Rocket Charge, Flanking Move, Flanking Move.)

BTW, your comment about divine weapons with six attacks should say "six damaging non-hybrid attacks" because of True Strike Spear and Dark Drewg's Mace.

PS. Youtube thought your video should be followed by "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story", which I find appropriate.

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I have to point out that your rules were not enforced properly as you DQed some submissions that broke them(mine) and allowed some submissions that broke them (Staff of Inevitable Fireballs)

# Clarification of This Month's Restrictions "Creating Overpowered item"
    Okay, I think we need to get this theme under the way. This month's challenge is a hard one, and a complicated one for various reasons. Read carefully.