New CH webpage, Sorcererers 'hub' - feedback encouraged

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hi folks,

Been working on this on and off in my spare time. http://sorcererers.dotq.org/hub.php

I want the top bar to be full of useful links (e.g. forums, wiki, etc.) and was hoping I could get suggestions for what should go there.

Also if you want to recommend another section let me know.

Not done styling things yet, planning to make it more responsive to different screen sizes.

Cheers!

2. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

Useful link idea: a panic button that you can click to make the screen look like a spreadsheet.
    That way you can play at work.

visak13, Pawndawan, CT5 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Does the PvP Board Contest award 300 or 500 pizza? The forum thread says 300, the sorcererer site says 500.

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oops... I'll check what I gave players last time I published ranked boards and then update whichever number is wrong.

@Xayrn-thanks for the catch :)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

That guy. You know. That V guy. His item-making spreadsheet tool. That'd be a good one. He's a guy, right?

visak13, CT5, Inkfingers and 2 others like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Right.

8. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Very nice!

BTW the guild links are borked :)

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I checked with V-guy. He agrees!

visak13, Fifjunior7, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  10. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

"Buy a Laboratory Mayhem deck and get a sponsored link on the famous Sorcererers site!"

Aloyzo, start the Incantation of Cross-Synergistical Leverage!

timeracers, CT5, Juxtapostion and 3 others like this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fixed all the broken links. Ranked board contest is 300 pizza.
    Will add the top links later. Also, @Dieben, that button already exists:

[​IMG]

12. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Here's some encouragement, plus a suggestion:

So then, I wanted to know what adventure the Loot Fairy was blessing today. I went to the new fancy, schmancy webpage to give me a much quicker look than when going to the more thorough LF tracker page. "Order of the Core," it said. "Is that a treasure hunt? I think that might be a treasure hunt," I said. (I later notice I should be asking if that's a paid adventure since I think not all paid adventures are treasure hunts, but I really don't actually know that for sure, but hey, I'm just quoting what I said at the time!) I realized I'd need to click the link to see the whole tracker page anyway, thus adding to my journey rather than taking from it. $F^ ] Suggestion: for all of us poor saps who can't access treasure hunt paid adventure blessings, would you like to add a quick line underneath the module title if it's a treasure hunt paid adventure? -- perhaps even remove all doubt and add a quick line if it's a free adventure, too?

The new page really does look hot. I'm inclined to use it as a quick go-to already, and it's not even finished. Thank you for it, Mr. @Flaxative. $:^ )

--

EDIT:

The very next few lines of World Chat weren't quite as productive nor on topic, though...

$F^ ,
    (lol)
    Don't worry, Cardhuntrians then disseminated real information shortly thereafter.
    $:^ P

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Inkfingers likes this.
  13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Other way around: some unpaid adventures are technically treasure hunts (first module of each expansion).

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not a bad suggestion. I'll put some indication of whether the current adventure is a paid treasure hunt or not.

This is essentially impossible unless the "Today's Daily Deal" thread is kept meticulously up to date and I scrape it. The game API doesn't provide this info and I'm not going to manually update my page every day :p

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You can include the legendary in DD when the date in the TDD thread matches the real date (UTC of course).

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah. I'll have to check how long it takes to scrape the page. And maybe cache the result for 24 hours or something.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Only a small update today, a lot going on, but more later.

http://sorcererers.dotq.org/hub.php

Changes

Loot Fairy Module
    • Removed the "(Level X)" bit from the location line.
    • Added level icon similar to that in-game
    • Added adventure icon based on what 'set' the adventure is in (Base, Treasure Hunts, AotA, EttSC)
    • Added a lock icon (same as locked adventures in-game) to paid adventures
    • Added an info icon that links to the adventure's wiki page

I kind of hate the red text on the 'parchment' background, so I may alter that too at some point.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

So, because these forums are cool and the first post in every thread is included in plaintext in a meta tag, I can scrape the Today's Daily Deal thread very easily and quickly (I just limit the bytes I look at).

Hub now has daily deal info, as in the Today's Daily Deal thread. http://sorcererers.dotq.org/hub.php

If it's ever outdated, bug @timeracers or whoever is editing the thread.
    If it ever breaks, let me know.

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I have found that it keeps yesterday's items displayed til it gets changed, you may want to have it check the date(month/day/year)

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I could add that but for now it'll just be always what's in the TDD thread.