PvP Board Contest - Constant Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Flaxative, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

WHAT IS THIS?
    This is where you submit custom boards for Ranked PvP play. If you post custom boards in this thread, we'll consider them for inclusion in future PvP board rotations.

WHAT IS A PVP BOARD ROTATION?
    Every month, Ranked PvP uses different boards, usually a set of 3 or 4. For that month, each ranked game is played on one of these boards. Example rotations: Celestial, Tezkal, Manor.

WHY WOULD I CONTRIBUTE?
    Fame! Fun! Pizza! A lot of people play our Ranked PvP mode every month. See the "Total Games" column on this page? Imagine all those games, being played on a board you designed! What's more, a single published board earns you 300 pizza! We also hear that some folks want a greater variety of board rotations—if you're in that camp, this is your opportunity to bend the game to your will ;)

WHAT CAN I SUBMIT?
    Your own work! Please don't submit boards which use substantial portions of other people's work worth without their permission.

Right now, we are only looking for single board submissions, not entire rotations. Talk to @Flaxative if you have an idea for an entire rotation.

Board Requirements
    • At least 3 spawn points per team.
    • Spawn points of opposite teams should either A) be 9+ squares away from each other, or B) not have line of sight to each other.
    • Boards need at least 1 square of victory terrain. More is encouraged.
    • If your board has multiple squares of victory terrain, each victory terrain square should be no more than 4 squares away from at least one other victory terrain square. (Elves on a victory terrain square should be able to Dash to another.)
    • Avoid creating boards where Round 1 Flash Flood or similar has a high chance of ending the game.
    • No player-specific victory terrain.
    • Boards shouldn't be too big. There's no hard number associated with this, but please try to fit the playable portion of your boards inside a 13x13 grid.

HOW DO I SUBMIT?
    Just post your boards in this thread! Here are the details we require:
    • Title
    • A Screenshot
    • Name of the game account to send pizza to
    • The board (.brd) file.
    Please, just one submission per post. You may submit as many times as you have new boards to submit.

WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A BOARD?
    We look for fun, originality, and polish.

• Fun: Preferably, your board is not one-sided for any class or race and allows players a number of viable strategies. Bonus points if you create terrain formations that encourage currently rare play styles.
    • Originality: This is relative what's already in the game. We don't want boards that are simply reskins of existing Ranked PvP boards. Please only submit substantially different boards.
    • Polish: The more polished your board is, the less work we'd need to do if we wanted to publish it, and the more likely we are to go with it.

WHAT MIGHT PREVENT A SCENARIO FROM BEING PUBLISHED?
    The first is use of external intellectual property. We don't want to get sued, so if you build a board called "The Face of Mickey Mouse", where the board is in the shape of Mickey Mouse's face, then we aren't going to publish it.

The second is the use of unreleased content. Occasionally you'll see new content (like tilesets and decals) become available for use in the board editor before we release any new adventures or multiplayer boards that use them. Boards that make heavy use of these will likely not be considered for Ranked PvP play until that content is used in our own work. We may go back and reconsider those boards in the future.

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
    We might make minor changes to your submissions before publishing them. In most cases these would only be cosmetic. If a board can't be published as-is (misses one requirement, is horribly broken in some way), but has a good idea behind it, Blue Manchu staff may work with you to improve it.

We don't have a fixed schedule for releasing custom PvP Ranked boards. In fact, we may not publish any submissions, depending on the quality and quantity of submissions. The purpose of this thread is to establish an official channel for submitting this kind of content, in case we decide to use it in the future.

When we publish your work we will credit you by appending your forum name to the board title, unless you request otherwise. Also we will try to notify you by forum message before the build goes live.

There're a couple threads with examples of custom ranked boards—some good, some bad—and the feedback those boards' creators received from their peers may be instructive. See Stexe's thread, and Tuknir's thread.

How to make boards? http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/custom-scenario-editor-tutorial.2982/

Depending on a board's performance once it's published, we may pull it or modify it at any time as necessary.

IF YOU'RE NOT POSTING TO SUBMIT A BOARD, DON'T DO IT IN THIS THREAD.
    Use the discussion thread here: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/pvp-board-contest-discussion.7208/

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    winner, Sir Veza, Xayrn and 5 others like this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Guess I'll submit my old maps that I made. I might clean them up again slightly, but here you go. The names are pretty placeholder so I'd be interested in suggestions from others.
    • Info: "Zen Diagonal" by Stexe

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    winner and Potato Priest like this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

• Info: "Manor Table" by Stexe

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

winner likes this.
  4. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

[​IMG]
    Info:
    "Pub Brawl" by Gnizla.
    Description: In a dim-lit tavern, two parties of drunken adventurers order more ale. Alas, only one barrel is left! The bartender flees, and so it is up to the riotous customers to decide who will enjoy the last mug of brew...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    winner likes this.
  5. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

[​IMG]
    Info: "Bathroom Frenzy!" by Gnizla
    Description: As the sun raises you leisurely get out of bed and enjoy a cup of coffee. You are at peace with the world...that is until you realize that someone has occupied both bathrooms, you will be next in the queue no matter what it takes!

Attached Files:

winner and Drakkan like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not allowed for now.

winner and Xayrn like this.
  7. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

[​IMG]
    Info: "Stranded" by Gnizla
    Description: You are stranded on a desert island a face a difficult decision: fight the other sailors for treasure, or light a fire in the hope that this beacon will attract the attention of a ship that will come to your aid..

Thanks, and yes I agree with comment suggestion and incorporated it! :)

Attached Files:

8. uhlik

uhlik Orc Soldier

Forgotten Temple
    Small but quite tricky board...
    Forgotten Temple.jpg

Tried a "back to back" starting position...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob, winner and Stexe like this.
  9. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

I keep trying to submit a screenshot but the file is too big. What is the file size limit?

winner likes this.
  10. uhlik

uhlik Orc Soldier

Silent Guardians
    So close and yet so far...but wait!...just an Impaling Stab away...
    Silent Guardians.jpg

Attached Files:

winner likes this.
  11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The limit is 1 MB. Convert it to .jpg and you should be fine.

12. uhlik

uhlik Orc Soldier

Sanctuary
    We have a room for everyone...
    Sanctuary.jpg

I wanted a board where's every character separated and threatened from the start.
    The team has to get together first.

One of the victory spots was broken.
    Here is the corrected file:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    winner and timeracers like this.
  13. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Infinity Garden
    Infinity Garden.jpg
    By: Juxtapostion

Description: The sand awaits the blood of the fallen.

Might be a nice addition to the Zen rotation.

P.s.- Thanks @Kalin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  14. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Title: The Hourglass
    Submitter: Deepweed
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You are not submitting discussion. Please keep it in the other thread. Especially if you want feedback, as suggested by your request for thoughts. It'd be great if you removed your essay and reposted it in the other thread, thanks. (Also, maybe remove your submission until it's finalized?)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  16. uhlik

uhlik Orc Soldier

Throne Room
    Run for the throne... How I hate those stairs! Throne Room.jpg
    Flying, Bashing, free moving and teleporting allowed. ;-)

Attached Files:

17. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

[​IMG]
    Info:
    "Summoning Showdown" by Gnizla
    Description: Two parties face-off to summon a powerful demon, whoever evokes him rule the realm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  18. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

[​IMG]
    Info:
    "Dwarven Furnace" by Gnizla
    Descriptions: six brave adventurers find refuge from a blizzard in an ancient dwarven furnace, but there are only four fires, so someone's going to have to go!!

Attached Files:

Potato Priest, Xayrn and uhlik like this.
  19. Maloqi

Maloqi War Monkey

[​IMG]
    Shrine Slalom, by Thyrace
    Description: Ski down the mountain through the beacon shrines and reach the victory squares before your opponent does!

Attached Files:

20. uhlik

uhlik Orc Soldier

Mushroom Glade
    Can I eat those mushrooms?
    Mushroom Glade.jpg

This board focuses on constant movement (for a better cover, improved shooting angle and for the victory points of course).

Attached Files: