Tuknir PvP Custom Maps

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tuknir, Sep 25, 2013.

1. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

After some minor misdeeds,your party was sentenced to compete againt another team in a dark room for t some treasure and freedom. Be the first to get the treasure or eliminate your oponents. Show no mercy.

This is a small pvp map with 2 victory points on the end of a small room, rush there or kill your enemy, your choice.

Any thoughts?

eDITED: i changed map a bit, to make it easier to walk on it and to get to the victory points, version darkroom1

Attached Files:

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  2. tuknir

Today i made another small map with pvp in mind.
    Its called "Cellar", just a small room with a victory point on the middle.
    I decided to post here all pvp maps, so im not always creating new forum topics.
    So any forum admin could perhaps change the topic for something like "Tuknir pvp custom maps"?

Attached Files:

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Done!

4. tuknir

new map:Island affairs, 6 small islands, 6 victory points, you win or you die but all play the game of thron.... argh the game of card hunter

Attached Files:

5. tuknir

peeps did anyone tryed any of this pvp maps? are they fun and balanced? what should i do to improve for the next one?

6. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I've tried all of them, my favourite by far is Island Affair, Cellar is pretty nice as well and the gameplay seems smooth. I'm not a fan of Dark Room as smoke bomb simply breaks that map (removes hard terrain) and it's a bit weird of a map, although it's creative and something differente!

tuknir likes this.
  7. tuknir

Ok cool, thanks for the feedback Gabbek. need get inspired to make a new one this week :)

8. tuknir

It seems dungeons/catacumbs are the next theme for maps, so i tryed make one. Its a 2vp map, meddium size,with a twist, teams are split, so better run to protect the member that starts near the enemy base.
    If anyone try it, please give feedback :D

Attached Files:

9. tuknir

The Battle Manor: this started was a pve map, but in the middle of making it, i decided to do it a pvp (maybe i try do a small pve version later). Consists in a 3 middle rooms, with 2 vp, you can go to the vp by the middle but with difficult terrain, or go around. Should provide a nice battle

Attached Files:

10. tuknir

new map:
    The Hallway: 2 vps, plenty of windows to shoot from,few space to run, kill or be killed

edit) changed a bit the map, reduced the wall so it doesnt take so long to reach vp

Attached Files:

11. tuknir

new map: ice room
    - since the winter is coming, decided to make a ice themed map.

anyway, anyone tryed this last batch of pvp maps? any comments?

Attached Files:

12. tuknir

New Map:Field, a 1vp map, with windows that provide cover and still permite to shoot from. should be a fun battle

Attached Files:

13. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I'm looking for someone who can point me in the direction of a custom map that's designed to simulate real PvP as closely as possible in a SP environment. Ideally, it would have a map that's a replica of a common MP map and three enemies that are comprised of a common player build. I'm interested in getting a feel for this sort of thing without actually bothering other live players as I practice, and cardstock II just isn't doing it for me. Does anything like that exist yet?

Edit: Crud. I just noticed that maybe you can't create enemies with custom decks, and have to chose from pre-existing enemies? That's kind of... frustrating. If this is true, are there any particular NPCs that anyone would suggest would create a good simulation? "MP AI Priest 3" doesn't really tell me much about what I'm looking at.

14. tuknir

Aldones, atm we can only use pre-existing enemys, we cant chaneg their decks, its a pity :(
    Maybe in the cardhunter wki it says what kinda of deck each ai was, but that im not sure
    To simulate a PvP experience in Sp, will be tough, if u want a challenge try perhaps change the enemys from 3 to 6 Ai. Should be afun exercice face 6 dwarves warriors in a close range map

15. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

They wouldn't have to be minion groups to do that? A dwarven warrior that can only hit me once each turn isn't going to feel very threatening.

16. tuknir

you can use to 5 diferent groups, you can put 4 diferent groups of 1 and 1 with 2 warriors, and AI can hit more than once,just like cardstock

17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Monster/AI decklists are coming up in the wiki. :)

18. tuknir

1 month without a PVP map?? oh my....

Frozen Cave...a simple 3 vp map with 2 frozen-icy-lakes as difficult terrain. Just a simple map Frozen Cave.jpg

Attached Files:

Jayce likes this.
  19. That looks like something where wizards would have a pretty big advantage, especially wizards with walls. But it is definitely unique and looks good. Those cracks in ice (or whatever they are called) look pretty weird when they are on top of water though.

20. tuknir

thanks for the coment Scared Little Girl

About the cracks... that isnt suppose to be liquid water but a frozen water mass with some cracks..from the thin ice. the frozen water is even hard terrain :p you can walk all over it