Zero Token Racials... AKA How humans are screwed over

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by doog37, Feb 17, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

If I am right you could have a level 7 human skill with Flanking move, parry, subtle parry. I think Rationalization could be a trait with if you fail a roll draw a card, keep if 1.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  2. Accent

Accent Hydra

I've wanted to see something like "Good Luck" for awhile, since Bad Luck already exists. But would this be a little too good? For one, suddenly Dodge becomes the old Dodge. Surging Shield Block almost as good as Hard To Pin Down was. Etc etc. I do like the idea and the mechanic, though. (And I would argue that a "Good Luck" card is better than paper)

doog37 likes this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Except of course now it costs you two cards to get to that higher quality defense, rather than one.

4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Now, that might even make people happy when holding Unreliable Block in their hand ;)

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I was thinking of something that hides in your hand and is discarded when it triggers (like Lifesaving Block).

6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Actually I think an Armor of Faith like effect would make sense for this. Get all toughed up for battle.

7. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Is there a Legendary tokenless human skill? I dont have any? And as much as I can see, there is only 1 epic tokenless human skill (that has Unreliable Block, not much epic about it..)

8. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

My brief foray into Make-A-Card-Hunter:

Hustle, Soldier!
    Cantrip. Target immediately plays a card. If this card is not already a cantrip, it becomes a cantrip.

doog37, Vakaz and timeracers like this.
  9. doog37

doog37 Hydra

No and easy enough to answer using the Find Items feature on the Wiki.
    4 Legendary Human Skills all require a token.

But rarity is not the best judge of utility. While I have come around on Adv. battlefield training (a bit) cards like Lateral Thinking (which someone will exploit properly one day for an Uber human wiz), and especially less desirable armors Chain and Leather Harness, Toughened Hide Strips and Shimmering Aura, heals (which are good for their type) like Soothing Darkness, Twin and Triple Heal can really make high rarity items (Epic and Legendary) inferior to more common fare.

10. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Timeracers I like the figure in your signature, but I couldn't tell what it is supposed to be.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Demonic elf wizard figure, not yet available to players.
    http://www.stexe.com/fun/figures-spread.html

12. doog37

doog37 Hydra

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

This card already exists:
    [​IMG]
    It's a rare Gold+(10)(A+) card

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  14. Is there some database with this "+(10)(A+)" information? I don't see it anywhere on the wiki.

15. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

16. I love you.

Pawndawan likes this.