Zero Token Racials... AKA How humans are screwed over

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by doog37, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

That's a hilarious, yet terrible idea.

And don't you mean Elven Battlecry and Dwarvish Insight?

Dwarvish Insight: "They looked not into our eyes, but into our pockets full of gold."
    Elven Battlecry: "... Why the heck would we yell right before we attacked??"

And why are those elves on fire again??

2. Accent

Accent Hydra

Probably because they let their enemies know their location with a Battle Cry.

3. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I will admit I forgot Shuffle team doesn't move the caster... but if both characters have Vulnerable you are already up to 20 and if both have combustable and vulnerable it could grow to 26. But at the core my statement was wrong My bad.

I am VERY well aware of what 5/6 is... yes Unreliable fails at a rate of 83% but I think it is dead 90% due to being a card likely to be discarded and there are plenty of times a character has a block in hand when they die that doesn't trigger, so that is more of an estimation than an exaggeration it could be higher.

Again I don't remember what was replaced, but for Superb Command I know that a Shuffle, Team was replaced with Block, Soldier and that was a downgrade in my opinion. I don't think all of my opinions are going to be correct, but it is clear I am not afraid to share them (e.g. I still think Dwarven Wizards need a nerf). But math and opinions aside Humans have the weakest 0 token skills to the point it seems to me to be genuinely unbalanced, not broken, not dire, but unbalanced and there is no go-to option for MP.

Not that I think there should be a change in HPs, strictly speaking from an MP perspective I think wiz should be 17/19/21 instead of 17/21/25.

4. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Do the racials have to balanced at the token level? I agree that the elf and dwarf tokenless are much better than the human options for most builds. However, I find that the human racials are pretty good for a minor token and generally superior for a major token compared to the other races. Of course, there isn't a legendary human tokenless racial. Maybe that's what we need? Something like 2 walk, team and jarring block? Call it Adept Command.

For a minor token, advanced flexibility is hard to beat. Raging Rock is probably the closest, but that's epic.

For a major token the elf skills don't offer much of an upgrade vs. the similar minor token versions. Perfect command is my standard human skill. I think it offers as much as Perfect Toughness or Solid Rock.

I always assume I'll need a token for a racial if I'm using a human, but then it's probably a card I'm building around.

Jezterscap likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That would be something like level 15, and a minor token. It also wouldn't be legendary (none of those cards are rare).

There simply aren't broken low-level rares slotted for human skills right now. The best you could do would be 2x Subtle Parry 1x Lateral Thinking, I believe.

6. We need more non-support human skills. At the moment we have few options to chose:

human warrior - support skills
    human warrior - all out atack

human wizard - support skills

human cleric - support skills

It's impossible to make a pure human warrior or wizard within support skills.

No good tokenless skills for them too, vulnerable, wimpy, no good for pure warriors and wizards..

7. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

ParodyKnaveBob, PDXTai, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

9. 2 sprint team + drawback... you're crazy Vakaz

Vakaz likes this.
  10. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

If I understood the way it works correctly, perfect coaching would be a level 17 minor token.

Also,I think the problem is a lack of great tokenless human skills,not high-level ones. (I personnally love Bloody Command)

Some Ideas I got is:
    Feeble Tactics : Inspirational Thinking, Wimpy, Wimpy (Level 6)
    Prepared Thinker(not sure how to call this):Lateral Thinker, Parry, Vulnerable (Level 6)

11. Versatile tactician: dangerous maneuver, war cry, bloodied block. Lvl 6 legendary.

Muscular rager: obvious maneuver, blind rage, muscle thoug. Lvl 8 rare.

Angry thinker: raging strike, wimpy, inspirational thinking. Lvl 7 uncommon.

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That should be level 15...

Seriously, guys, all suggestions are appreciated to some extent but this thread is getting funny. :)

CT5 and doog37 like this.
  13. ah yeah, inspirational isn't golden. And raging strike is bronze when it should be paper or black :p

I would like to use the muscular rager or the versatile tactician.

14. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

(Silly) suggestions aside, I think we've made our point. Non-support humans need some love :D

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

It would be really cool if "Attack, Soldier!" caused the target to draw a card, discard it if it's not an attack. Or at least, have it create a random attack (preferably hidden) that deals different damage (Or possibly include Stab/ Penetrating Cut type attacks rather than just assorted bludgeons).

Other ideas for new tokenless human skills.

Perilous Foresight
    Forward Thinking, Dangerous Maneuver, Vulnerable

Raging Thinker
    Lateral Thinking, Blind Rage, Subtle Parry

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    doog37 and BlackSabbath like this.
  16. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

The problem is that Attack, Soldier! is a paper card and a random draw is likely to yield a much higher quality card. I like the second suggestion,however. It could choose a random paper melee attack between ALL of them for variety. Having it hidden would be nice too.

timeracers likes this.
  17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

PDXTai and BlackSabbath like this.
  18. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  20. doog37

doog37 Hydra

2 Please!

BlackSabbath likes this.