Zalminen's Beta Diary

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Zalminen, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Well, since Pengw1n noted that the Festering Guts bug only caused problems some of the time, I'm doing a quick attempt at Tomb of Tvericus again. With minimal writeups so if I'm unlucky enough to not get past that particular battle, I won't waste too much time.

Tomb of Tvericus, take three

First round - two zombies returned to rest, one by Agreyn, one by Mizana.

Second round - three more fall to Mizana's lava and Fire Spray.

[​IMG]

Third round - three more fall. One to lava, one to Bungled Bolt, one to Bludgeon.

Out of the two remaining, one falls to Mizana's Fire Spray and one to Silvershield's Consuming Touch.

Loot: Barbarian's Mail, Boxer's Boots.

Fight two

Agreyn proves a bit useless as I forgot to change weapons and got mostly Chops and gets Vulnerable. Mizana fares a lot better.

[​IMG]

First skeleton burns in the lava, the second only lasts one more round before melting in another lava pool.

Loot: treasure, Adaptable Novice

Fight three

The heroes again split, Agreyn going to the eastern passage, Mizana to the western one.

Mizana kills first skeleton, fights the skeletons with lava. Agreyn does heavy damage to one zombie but can't kill it as it got Festering Guts.

With everyone running around, Mizana evades and kills two more skeletons with her spells and Silvershield manages to do some damage as well.

The foes keep drawing Festering Guts and I get bad enough cards that I'm forced to flee - or more like attempt to.

Agreyn falls to Zombie Mob and Silvershield fails to draw more attacks.

Luckly one of the skeletons makes the mistake of stopping in the lava and dying which gives Silvershield the opportunity to attack the weakest of the zombies, who also doesn't have Festering Guts active.

[​IMG]

I'm unable to stop the zombies from marching into the middle and Gary gains the required VP and wins.

Attempt two

For the next try I switch weapons and arcane items.

Agreyn charges to the western passage, killing one skeleton. Gary gets VP from holding middle.

All three heroes fight the foes, doing ok damage but the foes get a VP again.

Agreyn gets to kill one of the skeletons, another VP to Gary.

Next turn - no attacks for me, another VP to Gary.

Next turn Silvershield manages to slip past the foes to the victory area and bash two foes out, killing the weakest skeleton.

I also again get a chance to use Festering Guts to my advantage and as I'd probably lose the fight otherwise I take the risk and pulling everyone to safe distance, then kill the foe with Misguided Heal.

[​IMG]

Festering Guts triggers - and this time it works!

Two foes dead, I get a VP from holding the middle.

The next turn Silvershield draws a Violent Overswing! One more dead zombie and the victory is mine!

Loot: Balsa Staff Of The Magus, Hardened Hide Armor.

Ok, I'll switch back to normal writing for the remaining battle.

Agreyn and Mizana switch equipment again, since I probably won't need as many Bashes and Perplexing Rays after this.

2. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight four

[​IMG]

"Whoa, look at the size of that one," Silvershield says, looking at the huge skeleton slowly walking towards them. "I know, I know. You're not fat, you just have big bones, right?"

Agreyn moves closer to intercept the incoming foes. The undead Tvericus tries to move but is blocked by the weaker skeletons and ends up just staying in place.

The skeletons reach Agreyn and his Staggering Blow nearly takes out the first one, letting Mizana finish the job with her Unstable Bolt.

Silvershield lunges forward, using her Powerful Bludgeon to kill another skeleton, both heroes taking a hits from the bony foes.

The third skeleton falls to Mizana's Sorcerous Bolt combined with Agreyn's Trained Bludgeon, leaving only Tvericus and the zombie horde to be cleared.

The zombies shuffle closer.

[​IMG]

Mizana zaps the first zombie with a dissolving spell (in case they had Resistant Hide). The heroes wait as the foes move closer and finally Mizana decides to take the risk and uses her Wall Of Fire against Tvericus.

The giant skeleton finds itself quickly melting in the scorching lava and tries to push on towards its living opponents - only to encounter Silvershield's club:

[​IMG]

Haha. Three squares of lava under the big foe meant 30 damage plus Silvershield's Violent Overswing... bye bye Tvericus!

The ferocious dwarf's Violent Overswing knocks Tvericus out of balance and it falls right into the lava. One of its heads looks surprised - if that can be said of a skull - while the other looks somehow relieved.

Althought the most dangerous foe is now gone, the mindless zombies still continue their advance towards the intruders.

Silvershield bashes the first one back but they keep coming, swarming towards Agreyn who whacks the first one's head off with his Staggering Blow. The fighter then Blocks the Zombie Mob attack and Able Bludgeons the next foe, Blocking the undead's second attempt to Zombie Mob him.

Mizana uses her spells against the zombies, giving the others time to pull back and for Silvershield to heal Agreyn.

Agreyn stops and prepares to fight again - but suddenly starts shaking. 'AAAAhhh.... no....'
    Silvershield turns to look at her ally.
    'Huh? We've already killed dozens of undead and one giant skeleton and NOW you're frightened?'
    'That one's pants are just about to fall! And just look how rotten the rest of him already looks like!'

[​IMG]

Fright. The timing is a bit amusing.

The heroes pull back, Mizana spraying the nearest zombies with Fire Spray and then using Wall Of Fire against the two zombies on the eastern flank.

One of the targeted zombies falls to the combined heat and Silvershield boosts Agreyn with Unholy Frenzy.

Mizana blasts down the weaker of the remaining foes with Surging Bolt and while Silvershield lures the last zombie to attack her, Agreyn is free to swoop in and do the rest.

[​IMG]

Two hits later and the tomb is once more quiet - well, as a tomb.

Adventure Complete!

Loot: Energetic Helmet, Short Blasting Staff, Grey Leather Boots and treasure.

My victory opens up The Jewel of Alet Zhav (level 13 adventure). I guess I'll visit that one next.

--

And thanks to mightymushroom for his advice as well, although I was already playing the adventure when he posted so I only read his post afterwards.
    And no problem, feel free to share your adventures, especially when they're relevant to the discussion :)

Pengw1n likes this.
  3. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

The heroes next head to search for

The Jewel of Alet Zhav

[​IMG]

Four Burning Skeletons.

As two burning skeletons emerge from the rooms on both sides, Agreyn and Silvershield move to fight the western one. The dwarf gets surrounded by both foes and hit twice but with her inspiration Agreyn makes short work of the western skeleton.

The next two skeletons run to join the fight, one of them hitting Silvershield again with a Reaching Swing. The other one blasts Agreyn and Silvershield with a Fireball, hitting the nearest skeleton as well with the fiery explosion.

Mizana runs to aid the beleaguered priestess, hitting the weakest skeleton with her own spells.

Silvershield falls to another Reaching Swing before she has a chance to retreat.

[​IMG]

Mizana zaps the closest foe with a Sorcerous Blast. The burning undead move, the weakest one moving too close to Agreyn and ends up shattered by the fighter's Able Bludgeon.

One of the remaining foes tries hitting Mizana but her Resistant Hide protects her from the Burning Blade. The sorceress retreats, luring the other skeleton closer and then sprays it with more fire. Then she quickly pulls back, running towards Agreyn.

The fighter gets hit by a new Fireball as he's a bit too slow to Block. Luckily his armors absorb all of the impact.

Mizana and Agreyn move to form a defensive line across the hallway, Agreyn stunning both foes with a Thunderblast. Mizana casts a Wall Of Fire on the bony foes, turning the ground into lava.
    One foe proves quick enough to hop out of the molten rock, the other failing to do the same.

[​IMG]

Mizana retreats again. Agreyn Blocks the Burning Blade of the stronger skeleton, does a Quick Step to the side and smashes the weaker skeleton's spine with his Able Bludgeon.

Agreyn runs to join Mizana once more and as the last burning skeleton pursues, Mizana uses more lava against the enemy.

The foe manages to climb out of the lava but Mizana's Bungled Bolt blasts it apart.

"There's one thing I don't understand..." Agreyn ponders.
    "Yes?"
    "Why are your fire spells so effective against those skeletons, Mizzie? Aren't they already on fire?"
    "Stop calling me that. And haven't you ever heard the saying 'Fight fire with fire'?"

Loot: treasure and Lead-pommeled Sword.

4. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight two

Silvershield stands up, yanking her club free from under the boulders.
    "This just keeps getting better and better. First we fall down that huge ramp. Then we end up in the middle of this thrice-cursed rubble. And to top it all off, we're surrounded by zombies!"
    "Remind me not to let Agreyn read the map next time..." Mizana adds, readying her staff.

[​IMG]

Silvershield inspires Mizana as the slow zombies just stand and stare at the heroes like - well, zombies.
    The sorceress uses her new Surging Bolt against one of the northeast undead and Agreyn starts moving towards the southeast horde.

The zombies shuffle closer, one of them reaching Agreyn. The fighter's Stunning Blow prevents the enemy from counterattacking and his Staggering Blow is almost enough to kill the foe.
    Noticing a good opportunity to use her magic Mizana runs to help, frying the weakened zombie with Fire Spray and casting a Wall Of Fire under the next two foes.

Silvershield gives Agreyn a Healing Presence.

Lava and the remaining flames from Mizana's Fire Spray take out another one of the southern zombies as the others shuffle closer.

[​IMG]

Mizana turns and blasts the weakest zombie from the northern group down with her Spark Generator strengthened Deadly Spark.

Agreyn moves to intercept the southern zombie group and his Bludgeon decapitates the half-burned undead who shuffles too close. The other zombie gets to also Bludgeon the fighter but gets hit by both Agreyn's Able Bludgeon as well as Mizana's Arcane Curse.

The undead foe tries to hit Agreyn with its Infected Bite but the fighter easily Blocks. Getting a boost from Silvershield's Unholy Frenzy Agreyn retaliates, nearly killing the foe. Mizana zaps the zombie down with a Bungled Bolt and then turns to flee, not wanting to get caught by the two zombies moving in from southeast.

The northern zombies reach Silvershield, hitting her with a Zombie Mob. The priestess counters with an Invigorating Touch, followed by a Bash. Then she also pulls back.

[​IMG]

The heroes wait for the enemies to get closer and as the first one gets into range, Agreyn hits the zombie with a frenzied All Out Attack. The fighter gets hit by a Zombie Mob and pulls back.

The northern zombie group moves closer as well, giving Mizana the opportunity to blast the weakest one apart with her Powerful Spark.

Six down, six more to kill.

Silvershield moves after Mizana as the zombies shuffle closer again. Mizana pulls away from the incoming undead while Silvershield's Toughness protects her from the zombies' attempt to mob her.

The heroes move to better positions, Agreyn waiting for the enemies to reach him, Mizana and Silvershield trying to stay away from the enemies. The priestess also heals Agreyn with Misguided Heal.

The zombies move to surround her.

[​IMG]

Well now we're talking!

Silvershield uses Demonic Feedback to help Agreyn but he also feels more Vulnerable as a result.

Agreyn turns and unleashes a mighty Thunderblast that leaves all but one foe stunned.

Silvershield gets hit by the blast as well but she's able to quickly Shrug It Off.

Agreyn retreats from the only unstunned zombie, moving to attack the lone southeast undead.

With the zombies unable to attack, the heroes get a perfect change to unleash their fury:

[​IMG]

Invigorating Touch - one zombie down.
    Able Bludgeon, followed by a Trained Bludgeon - another zombie resting in pieces.
    Violent Overswing and Wall of fire - three more zombies in danger.

One of the zombies is unable to get out of the scorching lava before burning to death and the other two are weak enough for Silvershield's Bludgeon and Mizana's Deadly Spark to kill them, one of them managing to strike the dwarf in the process.

Agreyn charges the last foe, manages to block its leap towards his brains and boosted by Silvershield's Unholy Frenzy he knocks half of the zombie's chest away from its rotting body.

The foe hits back with an Infected Bite.

[​IMG]

Agreyn suddenly looks horrified.
    "Ewww... its breath ... STINKS... stay away from me... stay away!'

The timing is again amusing. One nearly dead zombie left - and now Agreyn gets Fright.

Rolling her eyes at the silly human, Silvershield moves past the fighter and whacks the zombie into small chunks with a Strong Bludgeon.

Loot: Robe Of The Geomancers, Brutal Chopping.

5. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight three

Zombies, Muscular Zombies and Festering Zombies. And surrounded again.

Mizana looks at the northeast zombie with a puzzled look on her face.
    "Has that zombie been working out? How on earth is it still so... muscular?"
    "...or why does it have a moustache," Silvershield adds.

As the zombie lurches towards her, she zaps it with a Unstable Bolt.

Silvershield boosts Agreyn with Unholy Frenzy and he moves to attack the muscular zombie but gets bashed back.

The heroes wait for the zombies to move closer and as they do just that, Mizana uses her Wall Of Fire against two of them. Unfortunately the zombies manage to move out of the lava before getting burned (three move cards, damn).
    This finally brings one of them into Agreyn's melee range and his frenzied Able Bludgeon does heavy damage while another undead hits Silvershield.

[​IMG]

Agreyn's Staggering Blow bashes in the zombie's head but he gets surprised by the muscular zombie's Shambling Bash from behind.

Silvershield lunges at the zombie that hit her while the festering undead finally emerge from the side passages, one of them hitting Agreyn with an Infected Bite.

The muscular zombie turns to move towards Mizana who decides to pull back, just like Silvershield.

[​IMG]

Agreyn hits the festering zombie with a frenzied Stunning Blow as the more muscular undead marches again towards Mizana. The sorceress pulls back and hits the strong corpse with a Sizzling Bolt while Agreyn retreats from the next zombie trying to reach him.
    The zombies again move closer, forcing Agreyn to flee even further.

The muscular zombie attacks Mizana with two Shambling Bashes, the sorceress being unable to do much more than singe the undead's rotting flesh with her armor dissolving spells.

A Mighty Bludgeon brings Mizana down and Agreyn proves too scared to be useful.

[​IMG]

Silvershield's Consuming Touch draws some of the muscular zombie's life force but she takes heavy damage from enemy horde's Zombie Mob (15 damage, OUCH).

Although Agreyn managed to kill the muscular zombie with a frenzied Trained Bludgeon before getting killed and Silvershield managed to take out three more by triggering Festering Guts, this still left three zombies standing and no heroes left.

Defeat.

To be continued...

6. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Attempt two

Agreyn feels Vulnerable and moves to the other side of the of the pillar, hoping to use it to prevent the muscular zombie from bashing him away.
    Silvershield moves next to him, preparing his club.

Mizana zaps the strong foe with an armor dissolving ray as the other zombies slowly move closer.

The muscular zombie finally moves - but evades Silvershield, moving to engage Agreyn from the other flank. Agreyn hits the foe twice, failing to block the enemy's counterattack.
    The enemy continues it's slow march towards Mizana, forcing the sorceress to retreat to the other side of the pillar.

The regular zombies march closer again.

[​IMG]

Mizana uses her Wall Of Fire against the closest zombies, hoping they're too slow to make it out of the lava. Then she moves northeast.

The moustached monster stuns Agreyn by going after his Brains!.

The regular zombie takes heavy damage from the molten rock, the festering one being protected by its Resistant Hide.

Agreyn whacks the muscular zombie with a Strong Bludgeon, then moves away with a Quick Run as the regular zombies swarm closer.
    Mizana takes out the half-burned zombie with an Unstable Bolt.

The muscular zombie attempts to hit Agreyn with a Powerful Bash but the fighter Blocks the blow. The fighter pulls back, luring the foe into range of Silvershield's club and the dwarf makes full use of the opportunity by bashing its head in with a Strong Bludgeon.

The festering zombies move and Silvershield gets a new target.

[​IMG]

Silvershield's Consuming Touch fails to penetrate the undead foe's Resistant Hides and the dwarf gets hit by the Zombie Mob. Her Violent Overswing does a little better, again getting slowed by both hide layers.

Silvershield pulls back.

Mizana could only hit two zombies with her Wall Of Fire by targetting a regular zombie and a festering one. Considering the other one would probably take no damage thanks to Resistant Hide, its probably better to save it for a better opportunity.

Mizana retreats as well as one of the zombies takes damage from the previous lava.

The zombies move closer, prompting Mizana to order her team to run. The others move to better positions, and as the festering foes move closer, Silvershield boosts Agreyn with an Unholy Frenzy.

He takes heavy damage from the enemy's Zombie Mob attack (13 damage, ouch) but counters with a frenzied Able Bludgeon.
    Mizana uses her Wall Of Fire against the three closest regular zombies and slams one of them with a Sizzling Bolt as well.

The heroes split, Agreyn moving towards the southern flank, Silvershield going the other way.

[​IMG]

The lava melts two of the undead foes, the third zombie taking heavy damage.

The festering zombies split as well, each one marching towards one of the flanking heroes.
    Agreyn hits the one coming after him but his frenzied Trained Bludgeon does only minimal damage. Three Resistant Hides, yeesh.
    He quickly flees before it has a chance to attack.
    The other festering zombie mobs Silvershield and the dwarf moves as well, not wanting to waste her attacks against the well protected foe.

Mizana moves to a better vantage point and slams molten rock under both of the remaining regular zombies. The sorceress then notices an opportunity to dash between the walking corpses, running to join Agreyn on the other side.

The weakest zombie falls in the lava and melts.

[​IMG]

Mizana takes out the other one with a Deadly Spark while the remaining foes march closer.

Mizana dissolves one layer of Resistant Hide with her spell but the undead foe stuns her. Silvershield targets the other one with her Invigorating Touch, pulling away some of its life force while Mizana retreats from the other one.

The festering corpses move again and Agreyn swings at the closer one with a Weak Chop that finds a weak spot in the zombie's hide, then pulls back. And chooses his position hoping to be able to hit both zombies with his Thunderblast next turn, depending on which square the northern one moves to.

Silvershield pulls back as well, healing Agreyn a little.

The zombies move, and the northern one chooses the square where it's safe from Agreyn's Thunderblast. Damn.

[​IMG]

Agreyn's Strong Bludgeon puts the weaker zombie to rest.
    Silvershield gets hit by an Infected Bite but hits back twice, then retreating towards the others before the zombie moves.

[​IMG]

Agreyn moves closer to intercept the last enemy. As it fails to move closer, he stuns it with a Thunderblast, follows Silvershield's Team Shift to move to melee range, and hits the foe with a Staggering Blow, his Horned Plates doing the final damage to end the zombie's fight.

Loot: Felt Boots and some treasure.

7. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight four

"So are you finally going to tell us why we're here," Agreyn asks Mizana as they enter the last hall.
    "Sure. See that undead carrying a staff?"
    "Yup."
    "That's Alet Zhav and we're going to steal his eye."
    "...WHAT?"

[​IMG]

Slapped with a Righteous Frenzy, Agreyn moves to the corner to intercept the skeleton while Silvershield Inspires Mizana with a little dance.

Alet Zhav raises his staff and brings the roof crashing down on Agreyn and Silvershield. Unfortunately this also prevents the skeletons from getting to Agreyn as the southern one just moves along the edge of the newly created difficult terrain.

The other one has a clear path however, except for Mizana who promptly zaps the incoming bony foe with her Deadly Spark.

Silvershield marches towards the same enemy and although she takes a hit from its Reaching Swing, her Invigorating Touch returns the bony undead back to rest, healing the priestess back to almost full health.

Mizana orders her allies to run and both enter the treasure room, Silvershield getting zapped with a Mighty Spark by Alet Zhav while the sorceress runs after her.

Agreyn feels Vulnerable, thanks to all the enemies in the room.

[​IMG]

The fighter unleashes a Thunderblast, stunning all but the muscular zombie. He then moves forward, taking the second skeleton out with two bludgeons.

The strong undead slams Mizana out of the room with a Shambling Bash but strenghened by Silvershield's Unholy Power the sorceress unleashes her array of spells on the foes.

Two Dissolve Armor spells remove the Resistant Hide protecting the festering zombie. Wall Of Fire turns the ground into lava under it and its muscular ally but both of them manage to shuffle away. Damn it!
    Mizana continues pounding at the festering zombie with her spells and then slips to the side, where she'd be safe from Alet Zhav's spells, at least for now.

A VP for Gary for holding the treasure squares.

[​IMG]

Hmm, I notice an opportunity!

Agreyn charges the pile of treasure while Alet Zhav's Deadly Spark sends Silvershield crashing down. The fighter roars, nearly kills the festering zombie with a Strong Bludgeon - but Alet Zhav's Powerful Bash sends the fighter sliding backwards!

As Mizana is still close enough, she unleashes her Unstable Bolt which causes the zombie to explode. The blast is enough to take out Agreyn but both Alet Zhav and the muscular zombie remain standing, if only barely. (Forgot to check their exact health, I was somehow sure they'd both die from the blast. Instead both were left with 1hp)

Alet Zhav turns the ground under Mizana into mud, preventing her from reaching the middle in time.

And Gary gains his last required VP from the victory squares, bringing me defeat.

Damn, without that Powerful Bash, Agreyn would have gotten to hit Alet Zhav who would have then gotten killed by the Festering Guts explosion. And without all the damage caused by the bash, Agreyn might have also survived the blast.

Attempt two

Agreyn starts the fight too scared to be of use. Silvershield inspires Mizana twice and the sorceress moves to a better position, zapping the muscular zombie twice with a Mighty Spark and a Bungled Bolt.
    The foes move closer and Mizana zaps the nearest skeleton with her Arcane Curse.

Silvershield moves to intercept the other skeleton, parrying its attack. But draws only Misguided Heal.
    She gets zapped by a Deadly Spark from Alet Zhav's staff and Mizana gets hit by a Reaching Swing. I get to pass first though.

Silvershield smacks her bony opponent with a Strong Blugdeon but the enemy spellcaster suddenly turns the ground around her into mud.

[​IMG]

Silvershield jolts her opponent apart with her Misguided Heal while Agreyn charges the other skeleton, whacking it down with a Staggering Blow but getting hit with a Swarming Attack and a Devastating Spark while doing so.

Mizana moves to the southeast doorway, using her Dissolve Armor spell against the festering zombie as it moves slowly closer along with Alet Zhav.

Silvershield follows Mizana and gives her a Healing Presence (mostly to make sure the enemies have no more move cards waiting)

Mizana turns the ground under both foes into lava, saving the other one for future use.

[​IMG]

I pass, gary gets a VP.

The undead are too slow to move from the lava and take heavy damage from the molten rock.

The festering zombie moves towards Silvershield but the dwarf easily evades her, moving to attack the enemy sorcerer instead. Unfortunately Alet Zhav is ready for this and her Powerful Bash whacks the priestess back as she fails to Block the blow.

Silvershield curses and instead uses her Invigorating Touch to suck away most of the lifeforce from the festering zombie.

Alet Zhav turns his attention to Agreyn, zapping him with a Devastating Spark.
    "Hey, amateur! Afraid of fighting a real sorceress?"

Alet Zhav turns his undead eyes towards Mizana as she zaps the mighty foe with a Powerful Spark. The skeletal spellcaster moves closer and Mizana quickly retreats, not wanting to get bashed like Silvershield did.

As the muscular zombie moves to guard the middle, Mizana raises her hands again...

[​IMG]

... and Alet Zhav and the muscular zombie find themselves in a Wall Of Fire.

The festering zombie tries to Zombie Mob Silvershield but this time Silvershield is ready with her shield and Blocks the blow. Its second attempt is successful but there are no other zombies close enough to help and its attack does only minimal damage. It does manage to stun the dwarf with its third attack though.

The muscular zombie manages to slip away from the lava, but this also give Agreyn enough room to enter the doorway without fear of getting bashed.

Alet Zhav tries to hit Mizana with a Deadly Spark but the attack is useless against Mizana's Resistant Hide robe.
    "Amateur, just like I said."

Gary gets another VP from the victory squares.

Alet Zhav raises his staff once more and it begins glowing with dark glow. Before it has time unleash its powerful magic, the skeletal foe turns to look down as if confused by the molten rock eating away its legs. It falls down, screeching horribly.

"Dumb question, Miz. Didn't you say we were after the gem in his eye socket?"
    "Yes, of course!"
    "Are you sure it can withstand lava?"

Mizana looks at the melting skeleton horrified.
    "Nooooo....."

[​IMG]

Agreyn unleashes a Thunderblast, stunning the muscular zombie. The festering one hits Silvershield with an Infected Bite but with the stronger foe now stunned, the dwarf ignores the closer undead and instead moves to attack the moustached undead.

She manages to hit the foe with a Powerful Bludgeon but then the festering zombie catches up with her and manages to stun her, leaving her unable to hit again.

Mizana uses the opportunity to blast the muscular enemy apart with a Sorcerous Blast, then turns to fry the last foe with a Bungled Bolt.

Adventure Complete!

Loot: Steel-rimmed Buckler (Agreyn takes), Healing Hide Armor, Quickling Robes, Roiling Pendant.

8. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Before heading out, I switch equipment again. I have no idea what kind of foes I'll be facing, so I go for variety.

Agreyn switches Sword Of Thunder and second Hefty Stout Club to Hefty Chopper and Burnished Blade and Novice Offense to Novice Chopping.

Mizana and Silvershield keep their current equipment for now.

The heroes head out to face the

Riddle of the Gnome Lords

Silvershield draws her club, sounding exasperated.
    "Next time will you please let me handle the diplomacy!"
    Mizana shrugs. 'They must be using a different gnomish dialect than the one I've learned.'
    'Another dialect? You just implied their leader has an affair with a goat! '
    "Hey, can we argue about this later," Agreyn cuts the others off as four frothing berzerkers follow them out of the doorway.

[​IMG]

Silvershield inspires Mizana with a little song and the whole group moves forward to intercept the gnomes and to give them room to retreat if needed.

Mizana zaps one of the gnomes with a Surging Bolt, following up with two more spells that barely drop the first enemy to half health.

Agreyn moves to block the chokepoint between the trees, Silvershield moving right behind him.

One of the gnomes gets careless with his weapons, managing to cut a heavy gash in his own thigh. (Ouch drawback card triggered)

The angry gnomes reach Agreyn.

[​IMG]

Agreyn's Stunning Blow hits one of the redcaps, and he parries the Obliterating Chop targetting his head. The fighter retreats and the gnomes Charge, two of them hitting Silvershield and the ones in the back row move in other directions, one of them managing to hit the other!

Silvershield's Bash knocks the more active gnome back, leaving the dwarf free to hit the other one with a Violent Overswing, before pulling back with Mizana.

The gnomes once again charge forward.

[​IMG]

Agreyn's Chop takes out one of the frothing shorties, wounding another one.
    Silvershield gets hit by a Shredding Strike while Mizana blasts the weakest enemy down with a Deadly Spark.

Silvershield retaliates against the gnome that hit her by replenishing her lost healt with an Invigorating Touch against the foe.
    The others gang up against the same opponent, Mizana zapping it with an Unstable Bolt and Agreyn hitting it with a Dancing Cut.

Silvershield provides Mizana with more Inspiration with a sultry wink and the sorceress immediately flings a Sizzling Bolt against the heavily wounded gnome.

Agreyn and Silvershield spread out, not wanting to give the enemies a chance to use their chops against both.

The gnomes decide to target Silvershield and both chase after her.

[​IMG]

The dwarf backs away but the berzerkers charge closer, one of them deciding to go after Agreyn this time.

Mizana blasts the weaker foe down with a Bungled Bolt.

Silvershield boosts Agreyn into Righteous Frenzy and the fighter hits the angry redcap twice, his frenzied blows doing extra damage against the careless foe (gnome still has Raging Strike in hand). Mizana helps Agreyn by turning the ground underneath the short enemy into lava and the frothing berzerker finally calms down as the molten rock claims its life.

Loot: Blister Stone, Tan Boots.

9. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight two

Three berzerkers and a Goblin Inciter. Some kind of a magician I guess.

[​IMG]

Silvershield slaps Agreyn into a Righteous Frenzy as a loud cursing echoes from the other side of the wall.
    "It sounds like one of the gnomes cut himself."
    "Good practice considering what I'm going to do next..." Agreyn chuckles.

As the gnomes charge closer, Agreyn moves to intercept the first one but the gnomes quickly move again, moving between him and Silvershield.

The gnomes have two Berzerk Spins in hand so I decide to try to make use of them.

Agreyn whacks the first gnome and the gnomes suddenly scatter, charging in all directions. One of them hits Silvershield, another hits the inciter, the third one running against a wall. The dwarf retreats, ordering her team to move as well, Agreyn slipping from between the two gnomes and Mizana moving towards the northeast passage.

The inciter Taunts Agreyn.

[​IMG]

Mizana zaps the weakest gnome with a Bungled Bolt, then turns the ground into lava beneath it and its ally.

The inciter scuttles away, leaving the northmost berzerker free to use its Berzerk Spin and hit Agreyn with it.

Mizana zaps the inciter with an Unstable Bolt, while Agreyn parries the Berzerk Spin from the gnome blocking his path. He gets zapped by the annoying inciter as Silvershield moves to inspire Mizana by whispering something in her ear.

One of the berzerkers runs after Mizana but she ignores the foe, running instead along the passage to blast the weakest gnome blocking Agreyn's path. The eastern gnome turns to hit Silvershield instead.

With the frothing redcap finally out of the way, Agreyn is free to attack the foe that taunted him with Dancing Cut.

"This is for what you said of my mother!"

[​IMG]

Boosted with Demonic Feedback, Agreyn's Able Bludgeon followed by a Chop end the annoying foe's fight. Mizana uses her Wall Of Fire against the gnome in the middle while Silvershield retaliates against her opponent with a Powerful Bludgeon.

The middle foe has trouble getting past the river of lava, ogling at Mizana with a frustrated look in his eyes. The other tries to reach Silvershield but the dwarf quickly Bashes the gnome back, then retreats before it has a chance to attack again.

The gnome does reach Agreyn but this proves even worse for the short redcap as Agreyn's Trained Bludgeon whacks it against the wall, its eyes glazing over.

The last gnome doesn't stand a chance against Agreyn's and Mizana's joint assault:

[​IMG]

With the last foe falling, the heroes prove victorious and continue their journey.

Loot: Hot Rod, Tan Boots.

10. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight three

[​IMG]

"Bah. Crazy gnomes, annoying gnomes and now stinky gnomes as well. I'm going to give them all a lava bath," Mizana announces.

Agreyn, driven into Unholy Frenzy, runs to intercept the wild gnome bounding along the passage. The fighter hits the first gnome with a frenzied Trained Bludgeon but the other feral gnome steps forward to hit the human with a Vicious Thrust.
    The fighter counters with a Chop hitting both foes but gets hit back with a Perforating Strike.
    Agreyn hits the stronger foe once more and Silvershield runs to help him out, draining health from the the browncap with her Consuming Touch.

As the berzerker coming from the side room moves to attack Silvershield from behind with a Shredding Strike, Mizana uses her Wall Of Fire against the three gnomes blocking the passage. She then turns and runs past the gnomes, intending to slip behind the enemies.

[​IMG]

Gary gains a VP from holding the stairs out of the cellar. Again I hadn't noticed the square and was wondering why the inciter wasn't joining the fight.

The three gnomes holding the passage burn, one of them falling in the scorching lava. The redcap behind Silvershield tries to hit her with a Cowardly Attack but the dwarf's famed Toughness protects her from the damage.

Mizana runs along the storage room, one of the gnomes turning to move towards her.

Agreyn's Dancing Cut takes out the wild gnome blocking his path.

[​IMG]

Agreyn moves across the lava and ignoring the gnome in front of him, runs to the side passage, heading towards the inciter who Taunts the human again.
    Silvershield gets hit from behind by a Berzerk Spin. She quickly marches across the lava as well and the redcaps suddenly decide to abandon the passage and move towards Mizana.
    The sorceress shrugs and blasts the closer foe with a Deadly Spark, followed by a Wall Of Fire that hits both the gnome and blocks the other one from reaching the redhead.

[​IMG]

The melting gnome has time for one last Berzerk Spin but the move is too much for it and the frothing redcap falls, sinking in the molten rock. The Berzerk Spin card also does 1 damage to self although the card doesn't currently list this.

Agreyn runs to attack the inciter as the other gnome can't cross the lava and just moves about on the other side of the stream. The fighter bludgeons and chops the annoying gnome before it has a chance to get away. Mizana attacks the redcap with a Deadly Spark and sprays it with fire before joining up with Silvershield who grants her a Healing Presence.

The inciter stops his flight, casting an Unholy Curse on Agreyn.

[​IMG]

Silvershield moves to attack the lone inciter, using her Invigorating Touch on the purple-clothed gnome. The foe tries to slip past her but the priestess' Misguided Heal takes it down.

The last gnome finally gets past the lava and while Mizana slips backward to evade the first approach, it Charges forwards again, pinning the sorceress against the wall and hitting her with an Obliterating Chop. This does little to help the gnomes as Agreyn is free to capture the stairway, bringing the heroes victory.

Adventure Complete!

The heroes reach level 15, turning one of their clear Talent pips into a brown one. (or bronze or whatever it's supposed to be).

Loot: 2x Amulet Of The Clouded Mind and 2x Weighted Boots.
    The fun has been doubled?

My victory opens up two more adventures: Secret of the Gnome Lords (level 15) and Dungeon of the Swamp King (level 17)

Checking the shop, I finally find a nice new weapon for Agreyn:

[​IMG]

Agreyn eagerly puts it to use.

Hmm, looks like I've forgotten Citrine Demon Portal! I'll probably head there next.

11. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

The heroes head out after

Citrine Demon Portal

[​IMG]

Silvershield inspires Agreyn by leaning towards him. The northern frost sprite makes the mistake of moving too close to the fighter and he immediately charges closer, felling the foe with a Mighty Bludgeon.
    He gets zapped by one of the lightning sprites but his armor protects him from the Arcing Spark. Too bad, I'd have preferred to keep Horned Plates.

Mizana moves forward to draw out the other lightning sprites' spells, feeling confident in her Resistant Hide robe's protection.
    Silvershield follows her, stopping behind wall as the enemies ineffectually zap Mizana with electrical spells.
    Mizana's own spells do a little better, although the quick sprite manages to dodge her Dissolve Armor spell.

Agreyn gets hit by another Arcing Spark.

[​IMG]

Mizana moves forward, wanting to draw the enemies closer. The lightning sprites move, Agreyn moves closer to intercept and the quick foes again teleport, this time two of them moving to the other side of Agreyn and Mizana.

Agreyn tries to pin one of them against the wall with a Dancing Cut - but the sprite performs a Jump Back, followed by a Dodge and slips out ot Agreyn's range! Argh...

As the Combustible frost sprite seems intent to stay out of Mizana's sight, the sorceress is forced to target one of the lightning sprites instead. The foe counters with a lightning bolt and although it does no damage, it manages to stun the sorceress.

Silvershield moves around the pillar as the lightning sprites move as well. The dwarf lunges at the nearest foe, catching it by surprise and then blocking the Frost Jolt from the colder sprite behind it. The chilly foe then backs way.

I don't want to waste Invigorating Touch yet as the sprite would just Jump Back and using Agreyn's Wild Run would just discard Strong Chop so I pass.

[​IMG]

Mizana dashes to join the bigger fight near Silvershield and the frost imp quickly backs away. The sorceress' Bungled Bolt hits one of the lightning sprites in the back and the other one's Devastating Spark is again useless against Mizana's Resistant Hide.

Silvershield inspires Mizana with a little song full of double entendres while the other sprites zap Agreyn with an Arcing Spark.

I'm still unable to make the sprites waste their moves so Silvershield and Agreyn can move in and I don't want to pass as Gary might do the same and I'd be forced to discard many good cards.
    Hmm, depending on the move order of the sprites, one of them might actually be unable to pull back from Silvershield....

Silvershield marches to attack the nearest lightning sprite while the frost sprite attacks Mizana with a Chilling Rime!

[​IMG]

The dwarf smacks the elusive sprite with a Violent Overswing sending the lightning sprites scurrying to safety. As the other one fails to move before the struck one, the wounded sprite fails to get away and Silvershield's Invigorating Touch sucks away its remaining life force, leaving it a lifeless husk.

Mizana chases after the fleeing foes who try to zap her again, again doing no damage and she easily catches both in a Wall Of Fire.

On the other flank one of the lightning sprites made the mistake of moving closer to attack Agreyn and the fighter lets his axe do the talking. His chops make short work of the sprite.

Another lightning sprite melts in the pool of molten rock and the Combustible frost sprite takes heavy damage from the scorching heat.

Silvershield slips behind the wall, waiting for the faster sprite to move closer. It does so, but just to get line of sight on Mizana.

[​IMG]

The sorceress turns and lays another Wall Of Fire under the lightning sprite while the other sprite slips behind the wall, out of the lava pool that was threatening to melt the tiny demon.

As Agreyn runs closer, the lightning sprite jumps out of the lava but the sorceress just creates another in its new location.
    The fighter catches up with the frost sprite and smacks it down with an Able Bludgeon, leaving just one sprite against all three heroes.

The last enemy doesn't stand a chance, especially after Gary makes the mistake of passing before moving the sprite out of the previous lava pool...

Loot: Elemental Diadem, Ogre Hide Armor.

Mizana also switches her Destructive Wand to something more useful, this time picking Rod Of Falling Cinders.
    Agreyn switches to an Energetic Helmet, his Hefty Chopper to a Hefty Stout Club, his boots to Boots Of Aggression and his shield to a Simple Wooden Shield.
    Better movement and Blocks instead of Parry cards.
    Silvershield similarly switches to a Weak Wooden Shield.

12. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight two

[​IMG]

One Burning Fiend, three Fire Sprites and three Lightning Sprites.
    Hmm, it would be nice if there was an actual visual difference between the Fire Sprites and the Burning Fiend. Currently the only visible difference is the different starting health.

The heroes wait for the enemies to move first. The fire sprites do just that and Agreyn runs to intercept the first one. The foe hits him with a Sizzling Bolt that the fighter fails to Block, but the fighter's bludgeons do heavy damage to it.

The burning fiend blasts the heroes with a Fireball as Silvershield also moves to whack the nearest foe, extinguishing its flames permanently.

Following Mizana's orders, Agreyn runs to block the next fire sprit in the short passage and Silvershield moves next to the lighting sprite to the nortwest. She gets blasted with a Deadly Spark but manages to block a Fire Bolt.

Mizana sneaks closer and the fire spirit near Agreyn spits fire at her.

The lightning sprite near Silvershield zaps her and Agreyn with an Arcing Sprite but I get to pass first.

[​IMG]

Silvershield whacks the nearest foe with a Violent Overswing and the sprite attempts to Jump Back but only slams against the wall behind it, failing to evade the dwarf's club.

Agreyn assaults the fire spirit with repeated bludgeons, the foe flinging a Fire Bolt at Mizana. The sorceress moves closer and slays the enemy with a Fire Spray while Silvershield becomes the target for the nortwest group of foes. She fails to block the Devastating Spark from the lightning sprite but does better against the Fire Bolt from the burning fiend.

Agreyn and Mizana run closer to the foes but before Mizana gets to use her Wall Of Fire she gets hit by a Lightning Bolt that leaves her stunned!

[​IMG]

Not looking too good. Mizana really needs a Resistant Hide or else she will fall on the next turn.

The burning fiend spits fire at Silvershield, setting the dwarf on fire as well before retreating behind the wall. She also gets hit from behind by a Fire Bolt as the fire spirit there moves and gains line of sight on the dwarf.

The lightning sprite scuttles away from Mizana.

Next turn and both Mizana and Silvershield are at 1hp. And Mizana drew two more Wall Of Fire cards!

Mizana lays a Wall Of Fire at the feet of the only sprite she can see, making it run to the side. The sorceress immediately lays another but gets blasted down with a Deadly Spark.

Silvershield inspires Agreyn as the fighter gets hit by an Arcing Spark - and the hit also triggers Agreyn's Rushing Aura, using it as an armor before I get to take advantage of its movement boost. Gah.

The dwarf moves to assault the lightning sprite behind the wall but before she has time to strike, a Devastating Spark takes her out, leaving the fighter alone against five foes.

Agreyn soon falls, failing to kill even one of the enemies.

Well, this certainly seems like a hard fight. Hopefully I'll get Resistant Hide on the next attempt..

Attempt two

Great, Resistant Hide!

[​IMG]

Agreyn quickly moves away from the path leading towards the burning fiend, not wanting all three to get hit by a fireball. Instead only he gets hit while one of the fire sprites suffers from Brain Burn.

Mizana moves forward while Silvershield heals Agreyn. The fighter gets hit by a Sizzling Bolt from the fire sprite in the side passage but the dwarf boosts him with a Righteous Frenzy, preparing him for an assault.

The sprites try to zap Mizana as well but fail to do any damage through her Resistant Hide.

Agreyn's target still hasn't moved but the fighter doesn't want to wait any longer and Charges near the fire sprite behind the corner, although failing to hit it with directly. His frenzied blows are still enough to extinguish the burning foe.

The lightning sprites move, one of them zapping Agreyn with an Arcing Spark.

Mizana uses her Wall Of Fire against the lightning sprite that tried to zap her as it's better to use it against one foe than to discard it. The burning fiend runs from behind the corner and Mizana lays more lava under it as it spits fire at Agreyn.

The fiend turns to target Mizana with a Sizzling Bolt but without any results. It takes heavy damage from the lava underneath.

[​IMG]

Mizana zaps the fiend with Unstable Bolt and Agreyn, getting zapped with a Deadly Spark, quickly moves to attack the fiend as well. The fiend makes the mistake of continuing to attack Mizana and falls to Agreyn's Chop.
    The fighter gets hit by a Fire Bolt from the northeast fire spirit.

Mizana runs to meet the northwest group, spraying two of the lightning sprites with fire.

The enemies move and Silvershield does that as well.

Next turn - and no attacks for Agreyn. He's at 1hp and still has burning so he probably wouldn't be too useful anyway.

Agreyn moves to attack the fire sprite and although it sprays her with fire, she roars and attacks. Her Strong Bludgeon, followed by a Consuming Touch do heavy damage to the foe and her final Bash sends its lifeless ashes flying backwards.

Agreyn runs towards the east, hoping to get to the last fire spirit, if he manages to survive flames still eating away at him that is.

Inspired by Silvershield's cheers, Mizana steps around the corner and lays a Wall Of Fire under the lightning sprites, the first one already standing in her previous lava pool.

[​IMG]

Two of the lighting sprites succumb to the intense heat and Agreyn is saved by by his armor.

Mizana sprays the surviving lightning sprite with fire, the foe countering with a Lightning Bolt that stuns the sorceress.

Agreyn turns around and runs to aid Mizana, slashing the bady burned critter down with a Dancing Cut.

The fire sprite moves towards the heroes and Silvershield quickly moves to intercept and even though she gets hit by the enemy's Fire Spray, she quickly counters with an Invigorating Touch that leaves the flaming foe barely alive while Mizana runs to circle behind the sprite.

She doesn't even reach the foe before Silvershield extinguishes it with a final Bludgeon.

Loot: Robe Of The Geomancers (again), Flanged Boots.

To be continued...

13. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight three

[​IMG]

Frost Sprites, Lightning Sprites and an Acid Fiend.

Silvershield runs to attack the lightning sprite to the south and it immediately tries to move away. Before it can slip out of range, Silvershield's Powerful Bludgeon hits it squarely in the back and it turns, only to get hit back by the priestess' Bash.

Agreyn runs north instead but the lightning sprites just move away. The fighter follows, moving between the lightning sprite and the acid fiend to make sure both cannot escape his blows. The acid fiend moves but it still gets a taste of the human's club, twice.
    The fiend sprays acid at both Agreyn and Mizana who is moving to aid in the fight but finally meets its end after two Deadly Sparks hit it in the chest. The sorceress retreats from the acid pool while Silvershield gets blasted by a Frost Jolt.

[​IMG]

Not much in the way of attacks this time...

Silvershield gets hit by a Powerful Spark but she orders her team to shift, moving herself towards the weakest lightning sprite in the east.

Mizana gets hit by a Cold Snap but she retaliates with a Fire Spray, the spell doing extra damage against the Combustible foe. She follows up with an Unstable Bolt and Agreyn moves to join the fray, despite also getting hit by a Cold Snap.
    The fighter's Weak Chop hits both foes.

The remaining flames take out the trapped frost sprite.

[​IMG]

Agreyn's Mighty Bludgeon crushes the lighting sprite's skull but the frost sprite behind her again freezes him with a Frost Jolt.

"Bah, this is taking too long," Mizana grumbles and raises her little red rod.

FWOOM! The Firestorm takes out the the last lighting sprite, dealing damage to friend and foe alike.

The heroes move to better positions.

The remaining flames cause more damage to everyone, especially the Combustible frost sprite.

[​IMG]

The heroes wait for the chilly foes to move first and as they do just that, Mizana runs between them, trapping both foes in a separate Wall Of Fire.

The sprites are unable to escape in time and burn to death, leaving the heroes victorious.

As the heroes march on, Agreyn falls back to talk to Silvershield, rubbing his charred gauntlets.
    "One of these days I'm going to take that bloody rod and throw it in a river."
    The priestess replies with a mirthless chuckle.
    "Is that all? I was either planning to make her eat it. Or try from the opposite direction..."

Loot: Robe Of Opposition and Cloak Of Insinct.

14. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight four

Victory squares in the middle and all the heroes start in different corners. Whee.

[​IMG]

Mizana runs to attack the northmost lighting sprite and as the foe hits her with an Arcing Spark, she retaliates with a Deadly Spark. The quick sprite jumps back and dodges to the side but still fails to actually get out of the spell's way.
    On the south-east flank the burning fiend targets Agreyn with a Sizzling Bolt but his Weak Chop is more than enough to block the bolt.

Agreyn moves along the other flank and Silvershield moves closer, preparing to boost him with Unholy Frenzy as the sprites retreat towards the middle.

Gary gets a VP from holding the middle.

[​IMG]

Mizana runs closer to the group of fiends, zapping the weakest one with a Surging Bolt and the foes quickly disperse. The sorceress sprays the two still in the middle with fire but gets blasted by a jet of acid.

Silvershield catches the lightning sprite that retreated in her direction as Agreyn runs towards the middle, again making the foes disperse.

Mizana steps out of the acid pool as the fiend turns around to spray more acid under Agreyn.

All heroes are out of moves so I can only pass.

The acid fiend also retreats away from the middle but the burning fiend moves to take its place, spitting flames at Agreyn.
    Mizana also gets hit by a Deadly Spark from one of the lightning sprites.

[​IMG]

Silvershield marches towards the middle and grants Mizana Unholy Power. And she draws Resistant Hide. Hooray!
    One of the lightning sprites tries to zap her immediately but the spell does nothing.
    The sorceress retaliates with a Wall Of Fire, trapping both sprites in the lava.

Agreyn moves to the middle as well, hitting the burning fiend with two frenzied Chops as the acid fiend tries to spray Mizana with acid, also with nonexistent results.
    One of the lightning sprites is smart enough to hit Agreyn with its Devastating Spark.

Mizana moves out of the acid and as the burning fiend moves as well, Mizana targets it with a Wall Of Fire. The fiend casts another Sizzling Bolt at Agreyn but the fighter's armor protects him from most of the blast.

[​IMG]

The burning fiend and the lightning fiends manage to slip away from the lava and Agreyn manages to Block the acid fiend's Paralyzing Bolt. Damn. They still had more moves up their sleeves...

At least I get a VP from having having more characters in the VP area.

Badly burned Agreyn manages to take out the burning fiend with a Dancing Cut before falling to a Deadly Spark.

Silvershield heals Mizana and then moves to intercept the acid fiend moving closer from the northwest, slaying the foe with two hits.

One of the remaining lightning sprites moves to contest Mizana's control of the middle while the others move to better positions around the edges. The sorceress zaps the intruder while another one does the same to Silvershield.

Ha, now the enemy has no cards left and I can be sure it won't escape...

Mizana creates another Wall Of Fire around her, trapping the closest foe who stumbles and sinks in the lava.

[​IMG]

Silvershield, although stunned by a previous Lightning Bolt, moves to the middle as well.

As the enemies have no chance of capturing or even contesting the victory squares, I pass.

One of the sprites manages to teleport to the middle but as it's alone against the two heroes, it's unable to prevent them from disrupting the portal and the fiends slip away defeated.

Adventure Complete!

Loot: treasure, Mighty Sparkping Staff, Bluestone Pendant, Greenstone Pendant, Poosyn Boots (heh) - and an Epic item, Dworia's Soulstone!

[​IMG]

Silvershield eagerly grabs it.

Next time I'll probably continue to the next gnome adventure.

15. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Before heading out, Agreyn switches back to Steel-rimmed Buckler, Viking Helm, Hefty Chopper and decides to use Crimson Clogs.

Mizana decides to try out Greenstone Pendant, switches to Robe Of Cinders and Novice Mobility to free out talents and then decides to try out Mighty Sparkping Staff instead of her old Staff Of Peril. No more drawback cards, yay.

Silvershield switches back to Parrying Buckler.

Then it's time to search for the

Secret of the Gnome Lords

[​IMG]

"We need to capture that breach before the gnomes have time to block us from entering," Silvershield commands.
    Agreyn grins, drawing his club.
    "Okay. Clearing a path through bloody gnomes, no problemo."

Mizana runs forward as the speargnomes pull back towards the breach. Silvershield Wild Runs to the southeast gnome and althought it hits her with an Obliterating Chop, she turns the tables sucking the life force out of the ferocious redcap, the foe taking extra damage thanks to its Raging Strike.

The other gnomes manage to reach Silvershield and Mizana while Agreyn runs to help the sorceress. The fighter runs right into a Strong Chop but with Mizana's support he beats the berzerker into a bloody pulp.

The other gnome hits Silvershield from behind with a Raging Strike.

Gary gets a VP from holding the breach.

[​IMG]

Silvershield's Violent Overswing clears her path although she takes a hit from behind with a Shredding Strike. She heals herself as her allies run forward.

The speargnomes move closer as well, one of them hitting Agreyn with a Weak Javelin Toss. Mizana runs towards the side passage, keeping clear of spear range.

The gnomes moved away from the breach so no VPs for either team.

The last berzerker runs after Silvershield but the dwarf turns and Bashes the frothing gnome back. It turns and Charges towards Agreyn, barrelling into him with crushing force. Agreyn counters with a Strong Bludgeon but after he gets hit with a Berzerk Spin, the human slips behind the wall, charging along the passage towards the victory area.

Silvershield does the same along the other passage while Mizana moves to the middle, trapping the bigger gnome group with a Wall Of Fire.
    The speargnomes manage to slip out of the lava but Mizana is unfazed and slams a new pool of lava under the redcap nearest to the breach although getting stabbed while casting. Tricky Gary. He passed several times and only used his move after the first Wall Of Fire.

[​IMG]

Mizana's Spark takes out the last berzerker and the speargnomes disperse, two of them chasing after Agreyn and one moving towards Silvershield.

The dwarvern priestess inspires Mizana by tickling her butt and the sorceress zaps the nearest foe with a Mighty Spark.

Agreyn runs to capture the breach area and Mizana moves towards him, again using a Wall Of Fire against the redcaps and this time they're too slow to escape.

A VP for me from holding the breach.

The gnomes scream in the scorching lava and one of them targets Silvershield with a Pinning Spear Toss. The spear does no damage thanks to her dwarven Toughness but does prevent her from moving.

[​IMG]

Mizana zaps the gnome in the passage with a Mighty Spark but the gnomes ignore her, instead running towards Agreyn and the breach.
    The fighter is ready and his Stunning Blow takes out the weakest redcap, its attempt to Jump Back just making it hit the wall and still keeping it in melee range.

The eastern gnome hits Silvershield with a Weak Javelin Toss but this is not enough as the heroes now hold the breach and gain the last required VP.

Victory!

Loot: Elemental Diadem and treasure.

16. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight two

Agreyn stops, peering ahea quizzically. "You know how I said those damn redcaps look like walking mushrooms?"
    Mizana frowns. '...yes?'
    'I could almost swear there's an actual mushroom walking our way...'
    Silvershield looks in the same direction and curses loudly.

[​IMG]

Ah, there's again two victory squares as well.

The heroes run closer and as the enemies do likewise, Mizana lays a Wall Of Fire under two of them The speargnomes evade but the sorceress does the same again.

The wild gnome teleports away from the molten rock and reaches Mizana but the other two foes get burned.

[​IMG]

Mizana runs past the browncap but she gets hit by a Spore Cloud that halts her progress.

Agreyn runs to assault the lone speargnome on the other side, whacking it twice but failing to Block the Pinning Spear Toss from one of the burned redcaps. The other one throws a javelin at Mizana.

Silvershield circles the pillar in front of her and the angry gnomes move to block her path. Mizana's Mighty Spark hits the first one while another one circles around Agreyn and hits him in his unprotected back.

Silvershield is still at full health so it's a bit of a waste to use Invigorating Touches now, but using Violent Overswing would force me to discard one as well and passing might mean that Gary would do the same and I'd have to discard one again. So...

Silvershield grabs the first gnome's ugly face, drawing its life force away. She ignores the Perforating Strike from the wild gnome and repeats her spell. The redcap falls to the ground lifeless, Silvershield again in full health.

The brown gnome doesn't like being ignored and hits the priestess with a Violent Overswing but the dwarf replies in kind, evening the score between them.

Gary still hasn't bothered capturing the VP squares.

Silvershield gets hit by a Strong Stab from the speargnome.

[​IMG]

The dwarf hits the wild gnome with a Powerful Bludgeon and after the foe counters with a Cowardly Attack, the dwarf marches to the speargnome, using her Touch Of Death against it.

Mizana and Agreyn both get targeted by Weak Javelin Tosses, the fighter managing to block the projectile.

Agreyn is still pinned in place by the earlier spear toss, but Mizana is free to run between the gnomes as the fungus warrior Spore Clouds Agreyn.

The walking mushroom blasts Mizana with its Noxious Breath, making the sorceress nearly throw up because of the poisonous fumes.
    "You need something for your breath. Let me help," Mizana replies, spraying the awful-smelling foe with fire.
    Another Noxious Breath hits the redhead.

Mizana still has her Wall Of Fire but the fungus has yet to move so I'll just have to pass.

The speargnomes move once more.

[​IMG]

Silvershield runs away from the gnomes as the wild one moves to attack Agreyn. The fighter turns around, whacking the foe with an Able Bludgeon.

The fungus creature moves next to Mizana but the sorceress runs past it, one of the redcaps in close pursuit. She turns to spark the foe while another gnome hits Silvershield with a Weak Javelin Toss.

The heavily wounded dwarf turns to inspire Agreyn once more and the fighter thanks, charging the fungus warrior as it moves around the small wall to threaten Silvershield.
    The wild gnome tries to follow but Agreyn spins around, cleaving the the browncap down with a Weak Chop.

On the other flank Mizana gets hit by a Potent Stab, her Reliable Hide being the only thing still keeping her in the fight. The sorceress retaliates with a Wall Of Fire but the gnome proves to be still mobile enough to move out of the lava. And the gnome moves to the VP square which I really should have also filled with lava.

Mizana blasts the gnome with a Sizzling Bolt while the fungus warrior also retreats, moving to capture the other crucial square. Damn. Should have hit it first.

Gary gets a VP from holding the squares but I get to pass first.

Mizana falls to the poison running through her veins.

Agreyn runs to slay the fungal foe and although it stabs the human, he's finally ready to do some real damage.

[​IMG]

One Mighty Bludgeon later and the walking mushroom is no more.

As Silvershield moves towards the now vacant glowing stone, the gnomes make the mistake of leaving the other one, trying to reach the heroes.

Silvershield on one VP square and no-one in the other, I get a VP.

Next turn Silvershield uses her Unholy Power on Agreyn, giving the fighter even more attacks.

The weakest gnome reaches the glowing stone it just left.

[​IMG]

Hmm, how am I going to win this one... Silvershield will die in one hit, Agreyn won't last much more and it's a long way to the other VP square. Oh well, I'd hate to discard all those attacks so if I'm going to lose, I might as well go down blazing.

Agreyn roars a challenge and charges the two gnomes in the middle. One of them hits the human with a Spear Thrust, his armor taking most of the damage. And I lose the frenzy as well. The fighter fights like a demon, hitting one foe with a Mighty Bludgeon and although the enemy's Reactive Trip causes him to stumble an injure himself more, his second blow takes the foe down.
    The fighter is far from done though, bludgeoning, chopping and bashing the second redcap until it's half dead. The other gnome sees his ally getting beaten and runs to help.

And with the stupid gnome AGAIN leaving the VP square, I get the last required VP practically for free. But damn was that streak of attacks ever so satisfying :D

And it's Adventure Complete!

The heroes reach level 16 and they get another round of Talent pip upgrades.

[​IMG]

Loot: Stout Club, Weighted Cudgel, Frosty Staff and Charcoal Talisman (Silvershield takes)

That Frosty Staff may prove quite useful in some battles.

Checking the shops, Mizana finds Cursed Wizard's Robes which she decides to buy and put to to use. Don't know yet if the additional damage from Arcane Aura will prove more useful than Resistant Hides but there's one way to find out...

17. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I'm on a business trip, so I'm playing on a different laptop again.

Into the Black Forest

"So we're fighting trees again," Agreyn asks Silvershield as they walk deeper into the forest.
    "Yea. Dangerous buggers."

[​IMG]

"Speak of the ...umm, beach tree?"

Mizana zaps the first tree with a Surging Bolt but the spell fails to get past the Solid Wood. The sorceress shrugs and uses a Fire Spray instead, the foe countering with its Long Thin Branch.
    Agreyn runs to join the fight, failing to Parry the tree's Clubbing Branch and doing little damage past the foe's hard bark.
    Mizana blasts the leafy enemy again with a Mighty Spark and Silvershield marches to attack as well, with little results.

[​IMG]

Silvershield grins darkly and lays her hand on the nearest tree. The tree screeches in an unearthly, deep voice and falls, it's life force diminished by the dwarf's Touch Of Death.
    The other trees barely notice their comrade's fall as one of them whacks Mizana with a Bludgeoning Branch.
    Mizana counters with a Fire Spray, followed by a Bungled Bolt and then slips behind the nearby bush.

Agreyn moves to engage the other tree, parrying its blow. Unfortunately his attacks again prove harmless.

Silvershield moves to attack the enemy harassing Mizana, her Toughness protecting her from the tree's attack. The dwarf's Violent Overswing whacks a big chunk out of the beach tree, allowing Mizana to slip to safety and lay a Wall Of Fire as Silvershield runs to join Agreyn's fight.

[​IMG]

The last tree finds itself in a fiery hell as Mizana, boosted by Silvershield's Unholy Wellspring, attacks the Combustible foe with her spells. The tree tries to move away but still meets its end as Agreyn's Mighty Bludgeon connects, felling the burning beach tree.

Loot: treasure and Untrained Toughness.

18. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight two

"Damn it, we're surrounded by trees", Agreyn suddenly curses.
    Mizana looks at the fighter levelly. "In case you haven't noticed, we're in a FOREST. What do you think there'd be, icicles and boulders?"

[​IMG]

Agreyn runs to assault the eastern Oak Bombardier as the other one uses an Acorn Sling at Silvershield. Ouch, 9 damage from an acorn? What are they made of, steel?

Mizana runs to aid Agreyn as he gets hit by its Entangling Roots.

Silvershield marches towards the other bombardier who retreats.

The northeast bombardier finds its escape suddenly stopped by a Wall Of Fire, forcing the foe to move back next to the humans and get chopped by Agreyn's axe. Gary had passed so I hoped he had the tree had no more moves...
    The bombardier tries to whack Agreyn with its Long Thin Branch but fails to get past his Rusty Armors.

The heroes suddenly enter a Mass Frenzy, ready to attack the leafy foes.

[​IMG]

Agreyn and Mizana gang up on the bombardier, dealing heavy damage to it while Silvershield chases after the second one, getting pursued by a maple tree. The oak tries to slow the dwarf down with its Engangling Roots, but the priestess catches up to it, Bashing it back with a frenzied blow.

Mizana pulls away from between the trees.

So far the maple trees have accomplished pretty close to nothing. I wonder if they still have something dangerous in their deck...

Silvershield gets hit by another dangerous acorn as Agreyn finally fells the other oak. The maple tree moves to attack the fighter as the dwarf follows the other oak.

Agreyn gets hit from behind by a Tree Limb Smash. Ouch, 15 damage! That certainly answered my question...

Silvershield sucks away some of the bombardier's life force and it retreats while Agreyn retaliates against the maple tree with a Trained Bludgeon and then runs to cut off the bombardier.

[​IMG]

Finally catching up with the elusive oak, Agreyn's Mighty Bludgeon turns the tree into a pile of splinters.

The maple trees move towards Mizana and Silvershield, the sorceress retreating from the dangerous foe. The other maple slams Silvershield with another Tree Limb Smash but the enraged priestess turns and her first Touch Of Death turns the foe's roars into screams, her second one adding a clear overtone of terror to them.

Mizana turns the ground under the other maple into lava as the trapped one's Powerful Bash sends Agreyn flying backwards.

[​IMG]

The badly beaten maples fall one by one, the first to Agreyn's and Silvershield's weapons, the other one to Mizana's lava.

[​IMG]

Loot: Simple Axe (Agreyn takes) and Blocking Mace.

To be continued....

19. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight three

[​IMG]

"Hey, you didn't tell me you had relatives living here, Agreyn," Mizana chuckles.
    "Nah, those critters are a lot more handsome compared to my younger cousins."

Silvershield uses Demonic Feedback on Mizana as the monkeys move closer. The sorcerer moves to intercept the hooting horde, spraying the first two with fire as one of tries a Cowardly Attack that does minimal damage but removes her Arcane Aura.
    Agreyn joins the fray, and with Mizana's help the first monkey falls.

The agile foes move to attack Silvershield but the dwarf pulls back. The others charge towards the humans, Mizana retreating but Agreyn getting hit from behind by the Cowardly Attack.

Boosted by Unholy Frenzy, the fighter is ready to counterattack.

[​IMG]

The monkey manages to Duck under the first Chop but as Mizana blasts it from behind, the hairy foe finds itself always facing the wrong way to evade the hits and is soon only barely alive.

Next turn and no attacks for Agreyn or Silvershield.

Mizana's Spark brings the weakest monkey down and clears the path for Agreyn to retreat from the pair coming in from behind him.

Silvershield manages to Parry one monkey's attempt to Pickpocket her.

I don't want to waste Touch Of Death yet as the nearest monkey only had two cards so I pass.

[​IMG]

Mizana's Mighty Spark hits the hairy foe from behind as the other monkeys scamper towards Silvershield. As the first monkey turns to face the sorceress, the dwarf lays her hand on its hairy back, her Touch Of Death dealing heavy damage to the small foe.

As the monkey scampers around her, the priestess hits another one with a Powerful Bludgeon but the foe manages to prevent the hit with an Acrobatic Flip.

Agreyn runs to join the fight again as Silvershield manages to Parry one more Cowardly Attack. The fighter hits the nearest monkey with a Weak Chop and as the hairy foes move again, his Mighty Bludgeon makes short work of the other moving too close.

Mizana runs to help as well, zapping one of the enemies and the heroes disperse, one of the monkeys moving to pursue Agreyn.

The fighter turn to face the monkey and although he fails to Parry the monkey's Cowardly Attack, his armors protect him from the blow. It did also remove his Horned Plates but he didn't have any attacks either so no matter.

As the monkeys finally pause for a moment, Mizana again raises her staff.

[​IMG]

The weaker monkey gets a Sorcerous Blast right between its eyes, getting knocked lifeless against the boulder behind it and the other one finds itself in a pool of molten rock.

The monkey manages to escape the lava despite getting burned heavily but Agreyn's axe cuts its escape short, leaving the heroes alone in the clearing.

Loot: Gazelle Moccasins, Untrained Toughness.

20. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight four

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qet7bw1.png[/IMG]

Silvershield shakes her head at the sight of more trees coming their way.
    "...and more trees. Hey Agreyyn...."

The fighter looks at the priestess who touches him, setting a Savage Curse on the human. Then she curses herself as the spreading oak on the other side of the battlefield whacks her with a Mighty Limb Smash.

As the one of the Slowed beech trees moves closer, Agreyn Charges it and although he gets hit by both leafy foes, his savage Strong Bludgeon also nearly fells the first tree.

Mizana runs to aid Agreyn, using her fire spells against the beech trees but both of the humans get hit by an Acorn Barrage.

[​IMG]

Silvershield marches towards the third beech tree as the others get burned to ash by the scorching lava.

The oak sends another Acorn Barrage at the humans, knocking Agreyn out of the fight and damaging Mizana. The sorceress quickly slips to safety.

The last beech tree tries to hit Silvershield, but the dwarf's Toughness protects her from the Bludgeoning Branch. Granting Mizana more power with Demonic Feedback the priestess then moves to attack, nearly taking the mighty tree out with her Invigorating Touch, followed by a Powerful Bludgeon.

Mizana gets hit yet another barrage of acorns but she's still able to zap the heavily damaged beech, allowing Silvershield's Unholy Frenzy to fell the leafy foe. The sorceress also attempts to whisk the remaining oak to a better location with a whirldwind but the tree barely moves at all and it then retreats away from the heroes.

[​IMG]

The heroes creep closer to the last foe, making sure to keep out of it's line of sight.

Just as Mizana would get a chance to hit the annoying oak she suddenly clutches her head, and falls down screaming, the Brain Burn taking her out of the fight and leaving Silvershield alone against the remaining tree.

Silvershield tries to reach the oak but falls.

Attempt two

Lost the screenshots from this attempt somewhere.

As the trees come into sight, Silvershield goes on a Wild Run, speeding between the beech trees at the oak.
    She trades blows with the oak, but the tree then ignores the dwarf and instead sends an Acorn Bombardment at the humans farther away.

As the beech trees attack Silvershield, she boosts Agreyn with an Unholy Frenzy and the fighter reaches Silvershield just as the dwarf falls to another Acorn Barrage.

As the oak retreats away from Agreyn, the fighter is forced to attack the nearest beech instead, his frenzied Chops doing only partial damage through the tree's Solid Wood.

Agreyn manages to chase and chop down the oak and the first beech but both he and Mizana soon fall against the last two foes.

Well, this fight seems somewhat tricky. There's not much room to get away from the oak's acorn barrages and bombardments and the beeches are dangerous up close. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need walls to win this one...

For the third attempt, Mizana switches to Robe Of Cinders (to free a Talent) and two Amulet Of Clouded Minds.