Your ideas for tweaking/nerfing some cards?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lucky Dice, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Blind Rage to duration 1 is actually a very nice idea :)
    Would make the card last less, so a worse card overall but would also eliminate the possibility of taking 3-6 damage and returning 2-4 damage the next round.

2. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

I had another wild idea the other day. It's probably downright bad, but hey, at least it's completely unsolicited!

I don't remember anyone complaining about Wings Of Faith, and I don't think anything is actually wrong with it. Though I suppose it does see little use, but then again it does a very specific thing that's only really useful under very specific circumstances. However, for a long time I've found it odd that characters with Wings of Faith attached will happily continue to sit on a square even if it's lava and they take damage. I don't know about you people, but if I were magically granted the ability to fly (however temporarily) and I noticed that some nasty guy magically put some lava under my feet from afar, the least I'd do was flying up in the air to hover over it.

Point is, what if Wings Of Faith had the added bonus of providing what Hover does? I don't think that'd make it a very powerful card or so, but it'd have some extra utility (for one it'd make Volcano significantly less useful in Wicked Waterways, and that's never a bad thing, right?) and most importantly, flavour!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    tolkien, gulo gulo, Macizo and 4 others like this.
  3. Riscas

Riscas Kobold

The Strongarm is overpowered and I don't know how people don't realize it. Comparing it with, for example, Sundersong , helps realizing the huge problem with The Strongarm.

I recommend changing the "Weak Strike" of the weapon to a Fright . With this change, The Strongarm users will have to play a little bit more carefully.

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It is overpowered, but I wouldn't say meta defining or game breaking. It follows the "rules" of the cards. Changing it to Fright would basically kill it.

Master Goo likes this.
  5. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Since Scamper will become even worse if new round of playtest means upgrade to Muscle Through, what about nerfing Scamper?

Something like just add the following?

You may draw a card if next to an ally at the end of the move.

Fits in with the flaovr of scamper, which to me feels slightly cowardly [as in monkeys scampering away or behind your back}. So it is like the opposite of muscle through, which would give another portion of the market for moves on boots. Not to mention great for wizards retreating afgter stealing a sneaky victory square for a turn. So warriors use muscle through and wizards scamper. The only time it sucks is when you have no allies left, but then you're probably losing by that stage anyway, unless one-on-one, but then I don't back a wiz to win one-on-one very often. Do I get a prize now Aloyzo? lol

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    tolkien likes this.
  6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

10/10 logic

but yeah, that would TRULY make it gold.

timeracers likes this.
  7. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Thanks for your support. See, Aloyzo, I got one who likes the logic, I would like some pizza please?? Tofu with extra pineapple..

8. EveryZig

EveryZig Kobold

From an idea someone said in world chat, Fireball should be made range 4. Even without buffs, its reach is overpowered in itself in large numbers (such as two or three wizards with all Searing Pain). With range 6 burst 2, it has an effective range of 8 in a straight line or 6 plus corners, letting it hit the opponent's starting position multiple times round 1 in many maps, leaving them with basically no counter other than far less likely round 1 draws of armor on multiple characters or Sprint Team (which is about to be nerfed). This sheer unavailability makes playing against it almost as unfun and as playing against firestorm decks back when firestorm hit the whole map. If Fireball had range 4, it would still have an effective range of 6 in a straight line, putting it in line with other spells, and the corner rounding would require, as the Time Warp nerf puts it "some vestige of positioning".

9. Blueotter

Blueotter Kobold

First time posting on the forums so bear with me if I've brought up things that have already been mentioned. Items that need a nerf like burrft cards have already been stated above, but there are some cards that I feel would benefit from a buff or have their tiers reduced.

- Acid Spray as a Silver card is too risky most of the time to play. Boiling armor or stone spikes are safer/cheaper substitutes to what you would possibly want to achieve with Acid Spray.

- Penetrating Bolt as Silver tier needs a buff or a downgrade to Bronze. Never seen it being used before (not that you would really have a reason to with way better options).

- Mind worm is super niche in PvP and fairly easy to play around; near useless in the campaign. Not quite sure about what to change regarding this one.

10. Lord Feleran

Acid cards are bad for sure. Mind Worm even sees some play in PvP.

Stexe likes this.
  11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Shift mind worms effect to the start of the round? "Draw one less card" - or even meaner, "at the start of the round, discard one card".

12. Lord Feleran

That would be too good I'm afraid.

timeracers, Stexe and Master Goo like this.
  13. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I have been thinking for a while for a way to make Spin Around worth its silver quality. Currently, it just looks like a slow trait with no real benefit (exept in Turret Tango leagues ofc).
    My idea is to turn it into an move/boost hybrid by adding the reaction:
    "When targetted by an ennemy attack from the back, turn to face the attacker. Draw a card."
    This might need some rebalancing though, like adding a die roll or removing the card draw from the reaction. I'm still not sure whether it would make laser turrets too strong.

WexMajor likes this.
  14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i like it... could be cool if you spin around and the draw happens to be a block. Otherwise its not doing you too much of a service, new card aside, since you would turn anyway after most hits (unless its a bash). One-time hidden Martyr of sorts.

15. Lord Feleran

Or if you already had an attack.

16. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Would probably be better on a completely new card. Right now Spin Around is definitely a Silver due to the Card Draw ability. It essentially thins out your deck which is very strong.

17. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

GriffTheThief and WexMajor like this.