Your ideas for tweaking/nerfing some cards?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lucky Dice, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We'll be unveiling our plans very soon.

2. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

You know when someone just doesn't like warriors.

Now, talking about mage cards... Accelerate Time could be nerfed too. Adding something after the current text, in the lines of (sorry for English because I'm not a native speaker): "When you use Accelerate Time, all effects' durations currently in-game are also reduced by 1".
    Of course, if you're accelerating time then obviously you could/should expect all "durations" be accelerated too.

cycosurgeon likes this.
  3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Or just make that stupid Bless duration 1. It's so abusable with Accelerate Time. The latter is a green quality card so it's supposed to be really good.
    Or, as suggested before too, make Bless only affect party members caster has LoS to.

4. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Oh it's opposite. I like warriors. I use warriors all the time, even when I can't do as much with them as I could with wizards.

5. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Well some really nice suggestions here. I'd love to see alot of these implemented one day.

Itd be a lot of work, but so so worth it for current player base to have more competitive choice than basically 3 builds:

burst / volc wiz
    2 elf warrior one priest mass frenzy bjss/nova axe
    1/1/1 meta based build with ctrl wiz

Is all I see at high elo. I'd love to see a breath of fresh air into this.

Thanks so much devs for your ongoing effo;rt for this game. We all love it.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Now Holy Presence seems to be the worst non-handicap trait in game.
    It clears all buffs from your entire party if close enough (nimbus purge from the ally in lava grants the most unforgettable memories:D).

It has become very-very niche card, i used to use it before but now i try to avoid it .

ps: may be it is better to revert it to previous form or to lower its cost a bit...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016

7. Amen, I see those builds so much I refuse to use them just for the sake of keeping my sanity.

The other day my melee mage laid the smackdown on a elf warrior tag team! It was glorious!

8. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

I just had an idea a few days ago. I didn't want to come up with a thread for it, I'm not even convinced at all that it's a good idea, but then I accidentally stumbled upon this thread and thought why not, at least I'll find out what others think about it.

Now that the time of Chess Madness is upon us, no doubt a few of us have already run into those decks that just stack ten Parries on a character. I've fought them before and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fight them this time, too.

I always thought that the fact that Parry draws a card is supposed to represent a riposte, basically. And then came the thought - what if the draw on Parry worked like Inspiring Presence? Block melee 2+, draw a card, discard it if it is not an Attack card. It wouldn't hurt decks much that use a few Parries with other weapons, but it'd really cut into the effectiveness of those that rely on the fact that Parries can draw other Parries. (Which fact is the problem itself, I think, not the Parries themselves.)

SceoMyntan, trrst and Lucky Dice like this.
  9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Don't add more luck(you get no card if you don't draw an attack)!

10. Lord Feleran

What weird (read: very dumb) argument is that? Maybe make Parry trigger on every roll then, would also lessen the luck involved? Actually a nerf to Parry wouldn't be bad at all. Another question might be whether it should then keep the draw if the next card was a magic attack.

11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Let's just replace all attacks with laser attacks. The problem is that it would make the game less strategic, and will increase chance of losing because of luck. Parry is a central card, so adding luck there will increase the luck factor of a lot of matches.

12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Erm. Inspiring Presence already has that and nobody has a problem with that?

I like the idea of only an attack draw for Parry. That would stop that annoying Parry chaining that tends to happen, and also, would solve a crapton of things.

Also makes sense. Current Parry should be Silver, tbh.

Master Goo likes this.
  13. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Inspiring Presence 100% affects multiple people in range w/out line of sight, and chance gets involved on the draw.

Parry 83% affects only its holder, and chance is not involved on the draw.

Simply two different things. Parry's function should remain as-is (as far as I'm concerned), but its cost is crazy, despite being dead against Magickers.

Really, if you wanted Parry to be more flavor-accurate, then stop it from drawing anything and instead just cause its triggerer direct reaction damage (meaning not triggering a block itself). .. Nah. Maybe a different card, but I like Parry as-is. Or, make Parry more flavor-accurate and change some other card to work exactly like Parry, then replace all/most Parry with the new card. $F^ } ~shrug~

14. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

With the announcement of upcoming changes (finally) does that mean I'll get a lot of pizza for predicting most of them? :-P

Still no nerf to Volcano / Bless though and Defender's is still problematic. But a good step in the right direction.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

This hits most of the problems! Bless is still likely a pain, I'll reserve judgement for Defender's until I test the new shield options. Burfft is still possible, it'll just have to use buffs like unholy wellspring instead, which seems fine by me, and will likely revert to Blue Destruction as the Burst staff of choice. I'm really curious how the maneuvers change will work out, I'll have to test my elves on the server later.

Wandere and timeracers like this.
  16. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

I like everything exept AT-change, volcano even now is just a fun build for mid elo, will be usable only with bless and maybe fire dots, wich is way more niche, seems to be one more dead card.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  17. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

THANK GOD.

Hidden Jaguar and trrst like this.
  18. Lord Feleran

I've seen Volcanos in the 1700s too.

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  19. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Back to the balancing that's yet to be done, in order to celebrate our small balance patch, I came up with... more balance things! Some of these were already sent to Flax.

- Reliable Mail from 1+ to 2+. Possibly with a name change.
    - Mail to Paper, Solid Mail to Bronze, Crafted Mail to Silver, Enchanted Mail to Gold.
    - Thick Hide Armor to Bronze+?
    Currently the natural progression of armor is really weird. We have Mail which is Paper+, Hardy Mail which is Bronze and Reliable Mail - Silver. So, 4+ Armor 2 is Paper+, 3+ Armor 2 is Bronze and 1+ Armor 2 is... Silver... I'd make a brand new Reliable Mail at gold and change the Reliable Mail in its current way, shape or form.
    The other armor progression is also seriously screwed, which makes certain cards horrible. Armor 2, 4+ is Paper+, Armor 3, 4+ is Silver, Armor 4, 4+ is Silver+ and Armor 5, 4+ is Emerald. Hence the second line there. It's just all about streamlining the armor progression.

- Blind Rage to Duration 1?
    Hinders everything and then some, but I have no clue how else to solve that. I think its best comparison is Righteous Frenzy. Blind Rage's upsides in comparison to that are:
    - It's a trait. Cycling.
    - Duration 2.
    Downsides:
    - Hurts you when you keep attacks.
    - Doesn't have a chance to give priest a draw with Altruism?
    Problem is, you can easily heal your wounds with 99% heals in this game to make your health a perfect 33 again. Thus why it's undervalued. So how about at least the duration gets nerfed a bit? That eliminates triple dwarven warriors out of equation, because they'll be hitting people like a sponge.

- Martyr Blessing now with a 3+ roll? Or a Duration 1.
    Given how well itemized this card is, it's, in my opinion, even more reliable Elven Maneuvers than the original Elven Maneuvers are. First solution would make Quick Reactions more of a justified option, Duration 1 would make it more equal to Nimbus.

- Bless to Duration 1
    Dwarves seriously don't need as much acceleration as they currently have. Especially when they are sitting on VPs doing dwarfy things.

- Nimble Strike to have Unbuffable.
    I'm not 100% sold on this one myself, but I have no idea how else should Vibrant Pain be nerfed. This nerf allows it to keep all the mobility, ability to pass through water and difficult terrain with ease, but nerf its block avoiding capabilities.

- Swap values, rarities and (somewhere) placements on items between Cautious Sneak and Dangerous Maneuver.
    Because WAY too many things have Dangerous Maneuver and I have no clue why a move 4 that gives you a literal slap to the wrist is cheaper than a move 3 with strict restrictions.
    Hawkwind gives you 11 unrestricted movement with literally no penalty at tokenless. No other boots can match that. Marmot is the 2nd best choice, but it has a risky Wild Run. Speaking of...

- Wild Run to Move 6
    Following Sprint changes.

- Elven Maneuvers to draw 3 cards or a move card.
    I think the nerf stick for this was a tad too hard, all things considered. Elven Warriors now have... pretty much close to nothing that would give them a personal advantage (in Elf vs Elf scenario, Elvish Scamper is useless, for example).

- Elvish Scamper now has enemy elves moving first.
    Because currently it's kind of weird that you can pack yourself into a trap with that card.

- Blue Destruction - 2 Arcane Bursts for 2 Penetrating Bolts
    - Staff Of A Million Embers - 2 Ember Bursts to 2 Glob Of Flames
    With Fireballs hopefully out of the window (though even that, I think, isn't as certain), what remains is a tall giant called BD + Unholy Wellspring. I don't think Arcane Burst (and any Burst card, for that matter) should be itemized as well as they currently are, so these changes should help with balancing both of these weapons.

- Spreading Laser and Laser Bolt damage to 5.
    Currently there's no reason to use Spreading over Arcane Burst, because free targeting and way bigger of a chance to hit more than 1 person more than make up for the fact you're dishing out 3 more damage at most, and even that usually only hits 1 guy.
    Laser Bolt faces a direct combat vs Deadly Spark and Frost Jolt. Deadly Spark has 5 base damage and can hit multiple targets, Frost Jolt has same damage as current Laser Bolt but also gives a powerful encumber. Both Spark and Jolt can be easily buffed by the wizard using them (Supercooled Laser, any electric trait)

- Toughened Hide Strips to Paper+?
    - Spiked Mail to Bronze
    More Armor progression streamlining. Why is Mail Paper+ and THS just Paper? What is this ._.

- Dodge to roll even on non-targettable attacks?
    Because at this point, why not.

20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I'm still worried about the lack of change to Martyr and Imp Nimbus (and possibly Res Hide too). Cards that give immunity or tons of card advantage are super problematic. Bless/Volcano I'd consider too since those are extremely strong.

I forget all my balance concerns since I haven't played in a while, but I've voiced them many times before so I'll probably look up my previous posts. Don't think much has changed since then.