Your favourite fixed deck leagues?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Pawndawan, Jun 22, 2015.

?

What are your favourite fixed deck leagues?

1. Artifact Anarchy

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Astral Tourney

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Clash of Geomancy

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Graveyard Gambol

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Monkey Magic

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Monster Hunt

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Oozeball

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Quick Draw

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I was wondering what is everyone's favourite fixed deck leagues and why? In the poll above, you can vote up to three leagues you enjoy the most. Here are links to the league descriptions for reference:
    Now that I've been playing long enough to see each of those in rotation at least once, I'm ready to give my thoughts on them:

Two of my most favourite fixed deck leagues are Monster Hunt and Temple Tussle QD.

IIRC Monster Hunt was the first league I ever played, so maybe that's part of the reason I like it so much. In Monster Hunt I really like the asymmetry and small tight character decks that are balanced very well. Although it rewards fast playing, 15 minutes is still enough to actually plan and consider different possibilities.

I don't really like single VP maps, so Temple Tussle is IMHO far more enjoyable QD map than Streams. Wiki lists Deep Forge and Lost City as QD maps as well, but I haven't seen those in rotation? Does anyone know why?

QD's strong points in my opinion are the small decks and the actual drafting process where you have to take into account your and your opponent's characters as well what you've drafted so far. Although some handicaps can be really crippling (I once had to choose between Fumble, Large Weapon and Trip for my warrior), but those unlikely card combos and comebacks are part of the reason why QD is so fun.

If I had to choose third league to vote on, I'd pick Monkey Magic because it plays faster than Geomancy and Graveyard Gambol and it doesn't feel so unbalanced / swingy (at least for me) than the others.

For some reason I have quite hard time to fully visually comprehend all the vertical / horizontal / diagonal shenanigans in Astral Tourney, despite the fact that the board is checkered, so that's not one of my favourites either.

10 minute clock in Artifact Anarchy makes it feel very rushed and I usually end up charging right into my own death so that's no good. Oozeball is another one that I can feel the clock ticking and my stress level rising.

If I could give minus votes, I would dump those on Oozeball and Clash of Geomancy. Trying to control the VP and preventing your opponent from reaching it can be really frustating, especially if you're on the receiving end.

tl;dr; Share your love (and hate) about fixed deck leagues here. Maybe this discussion could give even valuable feedback and/or suggestions to the devs to make some leagues (or planned new ones) more enjoyable.

FrigusMacto and CT5 like this.
  2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

6 VP Clash of Geomancy, Oozeball > 4 VP Clash of Geomancy, Quick Draw > everything else

They're all fun though :D

FrigusMacto, Fifjunior7 and Pawndawan like this.
  3. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Geomancy ftw!

(but it's okay if you like something else too)

FrigusMacto, Pawndawan and CT5 like this.