Your favorite item poll - Human Skill

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Martin K, Dec 26, 2013.

?

Which is your favorite human skill?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2014.
  1. Advanced Command

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Advanced Flexibility

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Apprentice Command

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Novice Command

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Perfect Command

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Superb Command

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Thoughtful Command

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Trained Command

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Untrained Command

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. None of the above (see my post)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

I'm curious what the favorite items of the Card Hunter community are, now that the game has been released for a few months. I'm planning to start at least one poll for each item type. The forum only allows 10 poll choices, so I'll have to pick nine items for each (#10 is reserved for "none of the above")

In this poll, the choice is between the human skills that I consider the most useful...
    Advanced Command (Epic 16)
    Advanced Flexibility (Uncommon 15)
    Apprentice Command (Epic 9)
    Novice Command (Uncommon 6)
    Perfect Command (Rare 18)
    Superb Command (Uncommon 17)
    Thoughtful Command (Common 15)
    Trained Command (Common 15)
    Untrained Command (Common 6)

Since Battlefield Training is rather *cough* niche in its current form, all of these have team moves, except the second. If you think that I missed your favorite, please feel free to post it in this thread. If you want to nominate items for upcoming threads, do so at the nominations.

Of course, the reason why any item is your favorite is entirely up to you.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Perfect Command—it has 0 dead cards.

3. Sazanami

Sazanami Orc Soldier

I think it's a coin toss with Perfect Command, but I am very happy with Apprentice command.

4. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Inspired Command - you often don't need the huge mobility of the big team moves in PvE, but drawing cards is always awesome.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You guys like weak parry? :/

6. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

It's better than no parry...

I probably should have included Inspired Command in the poll and thrown out one of the others like Untrained Command. Ah well.

7. Sir Chaotick

Sir Chaotick Kobold

I'll go with Advanced Flexibility, thank you. The Slowed in there is pretty bad, but filtering up to eight cards offsets that and then some. Most of the time, a Leadership replaces 2-3 of my party's cards with better ones - very powerful indeed.

Then again, I have never dared to play against a human opponent, so I may be undervaluing the team moves.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Team moves are like reverse Winds of War, but without a line of sight requirement! They're always 2-for-1s :)

9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Most people don't memorize human skills... and many people may simply insert the skills they use... so here are pictures! Yay! Also, reorganized by talent/token cost. Feel free to move these into the OP.
    * Anyone have a clue on how to resize these things???*

Untrained Command
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Novice Command
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thoughtful Command[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Advanced Flexibility[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Superb Command[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Apprentice Command[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Trained Command[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Advanced Command[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Perfect Command[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Inspired Command[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Human skills are mostly about support. Here are some of the best ones:
    Untrained Command has Flimsy Block, and the Shuffle Team ignores encumber so it's not bad. Novice Command is probably better for the trait and Run, Team.
    Thoughtful Command is garbage IMO. Forward isn't very good, and Unreliable is garbage.
    Advanced Flexibility has 2X Leadership, which is great and worth the Slowed.
    Apprentice Command is great if you want those 2X Weak Parry badly.
    Superb Command is a great item for human warrior (or priest!), period.
    Trained Command and Advanced Command have the best team movement but also Walk.
    Perfect Command has great team movement and Flanking Move if you have the gold talent for it, whilst Inspired Command has one great card (Inspirational Thinking) along with the shuffle and a weak parry, which is probably not worth it 2/3 games.

There are some other *OK* skills out there.. I like the looks of Apprentice Tactics (Lateral Thinking, Weak Parry, Jarring Block), Perfect Tactics and Untrained Tactics since you can always discard some dead card you can't use with Lateral thinking and hope to draw something better. I've discarded plenty of Weak Parry against wizards. It really depends on your build, and often it's not worth a token.

Can't wait to see what are everyone's favorite dwarf skills are... I have so many Raging Rock it's not funny...

11. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

My all-human team ran Advanced Command just for the sprint team card. It can be a game winner on its own.