"you have been reported"

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by harels84, Oct 6, 2015.

1. harels84

harels84 Mushroom Warrior

thats the msg i recieved when i logged on and im asking why ? im always nice, when ppls give me some rude pm im trying to stay positive and in one game that i cheer some player up i recieved that i reported ?

2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

You were reported multiple times and will be banned if you continue to be reported. It is possible to be wrongfully banned due to the reporting system so if you think that's the case you should contact support@cardhunter.com.

Inkfingers, Flaxative and timeracers like this.
  3. Punf

Punf Lizardman Priest

The message goes away after some time. I'm not sure about the exact amount, but about a week. This probably also resets the amount of reports you've received for banning purposes, but again, not sure. I don't think the devs have actually gone into any detail about report expiration (probably to prevent abuse by only making reportable offences once the reports have worn off).

4. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Just to confirm what @peonprop said, this is from a thread in the support forum:

Flaxative likes this.
  5. harels84

ok i guess if ppl continue to put harassment on me ill contact the support.

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Best stay clear of a player who is upset or even enraged over a loss, beaten by you or otherwise. Don't pm, don't partake in lengthy discussions when chatted up, don't try to mediate between two players, just keep your name out of the chats when things are heated.

Sir Veza, harels84 and Flaxative like this.
  7. I received that alert for a few days, then the system banned me for a week

Sir Veza and timeracers like this.
  8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I stress that you contact support at your earliest convenience, so they can look into it before you get a ban from reports. It's been my advice in the past, and it would be my advice now.

Sir Veza, Inkfingers and Flaxative like this.
  9. Fry

Fry Ogre

One time I had that popup every login for a few days, but it eventually went away.

I still think it would be nice if the popup listed the category of infraction, so one could either correct the problematic behavior or help determine if it was a "revenge" report.

Melancthon likes this.
  10. harels84

[​IMG]

the guy that reported me ... look at this ...

11. harels84

image redacted

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  12. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

1) the picture is upsidedown
    2) there is no evidence there that the other player reported you
    3) publicly posting names or chat logs of players that you have had a conflict with is generally frowned upon. If you have concerns about a particular player, post it to the support staff directly. Do not post their name on the public forums.

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This.

14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

So, can I confirm my worry: if enough reports are sent about you for any reason, then you may be auto banned?
    If so, then could some people (like some that have strong decks/high elo) be banned by trolls or spammers?

15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Yes, but if they send an email to support as soon as they receive a warning, it can be dealt with before someone is banned, or cleared up shortly after a ban.
    Hence.....email support as soon as you get a warning to make sure a ban does not occur (when it should not, of course).

BlackVoidDeath likes this.