Yet Another Balance Thread (June 2014)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Kalin, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Then you've probably come closer than anyone else! :)

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

If I remember Martin K's posts correctly, he reverse-engineered the formula successfully and also accounted for the by-hand modifications by Blue Manchu which a) otherwise defy the formula and b) are listed in some data file or another. If so, it should be pretty easy to implement it using the data file and the uncovered formula.

3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Does this apply to other kinds of chests? Because I just dropped Giant Skeletal Arm from a league reward chest (transcendent one). I have 3 of those in my collection, plus 2x St Ulrich's Bones, and I can't remember if all of those came from MP chests (save ofc for those I got from the THs).

On the subject of introductory level, I always found it a smart concept. It's a nice way for the devs to make sure a SP-only player doesn't get a given item (via a lucky drop) before they're meant to. I don't have any insight on why exactly they opted to have the Introductory Level in their design, but I suspect they would have gladly made without it if that was possible.

Ofc we're all very pissed about items which can't normally drop, hence knowing our collections won't ever be completed (unless the level cap gets raised and more unattainable items are not introduced). At least, I know I am, despite the fact I'm very far from even getting close to completing my collection. That's an obvious instance of OCD winning over everything else :)

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Still waiting for the shop that sells treasures between levels 1 and 30 :D.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

No, just random items in SP chests. MP chests, purchased chests (including league rewards), shops, and guaranteed drops ignore introductory levels. But if you're trying to get a specific item, it's the SP chests you care about.

You're probably right about their reasons, but I don't agree with how they did it. It's hidden information you need to look at the files for, it's not common to this type of game, and (like the regular card values) many of the values are just silly. There are 39 items with an introductory level more than 3 higher than the item level. If you don't want newbies to get certain cards, your first thought should be "Is this card undervalued?" (*cough*Firestorm*cough*). If the card values are fine, then go ahead and let the newbies have the item; if it's epic or legendary very few newbies will see it anyway.

6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It is pretty difficult to farm SP for a specific item that is Epic or Legendary. Going for a Rare or lower is possible, but even then it is very time consuming. It is a bit weird they can't drop in SP though, there's no real reason for that.

And tutorial levels with specific drops are fine the first time around ... heck, I think they should have more of that in the early game. It means that progression isn't messed up by a lucky drop that can ruin the experience a bit by making it significantly easier and/or harder due to just sheer randomness.

Of course I think they should have probably removed the specialized loot tables after the first win, but oh well.