Yer basic L19 dwarf warrior (for Cardstock)

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by raffishtenant, May 4, 2016.

1. Nothing particularly subtle or innovative about this one, but I figured I'd post it for newer players and anyone who wants a classic tank warrior who can provide both mobility and big-time damage. For those times (like Cardstock) when you just want to smash things and don't need a lot of tech, three of these guys are good fun to play.

Much of the mobility obviously comes from Vibrant Pain, for which there's really no substitute—but if you lack one (or three), you could try Tango Spear, or just trade the mobility for even moar damage with a second Bejeweled Shortsword.

I like Sergeant's Cap and Mouse Boots for the mobility, and Xander's Mail since if these guys have to have armor, I'd rather not waste a card slot. None of those are essential to the build, though. For a dwarf skill, some might prefer Advanced Ferocity, or go tokenless (for L18 or below) with Tough Charger. For a martial skill, Trained Crushing is a perfectly good sub, or Novice Crushing as a tokenless option.

Darwin/Derwin/Dorwin
    Level 19 Dwarf Warrior x3

2. Omnomalisk

Omnomalisk Kobold

Any good temporary replacement for Vibrant Pain?

3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

You can try 2x Bejeweled Shortsword + Lochaber Axe or 2x Double-edged Sword + Bejeweled Shortsword. Eixocl's Hammer and Nova Axe give some mobility, so you might want to try those out as well.

Hawkwind's Moccasins help tremendously if you have those. Switching that token from martial skill to Diamond Moccasins is another option.

Or run Elf Warriors or Human support priest with team moves, if you don't have VPs.

4. Decided to swap in Sharp Shell for Xander's Mail, and Gouging Helm for Sergeant's Cap. The three Lunging Thrusts give comparable mobility and an extra 27 points of damage, for a grand total of 435 (or 456 with Trained Crushing). Shimmering Aura is particularly useless here, but these guys don't need armor anyway, and at least now there are only three armor cards instead of four. Tough Hide Shirt would be another attractive way to deal with the armor requirement if you're willing to steal a token from somewhere else (probably the martial skill).

With these changes, I seem to be winning in two rounds just a bit more often, which is always fun.

5. hello world

hello world Hydra

QUestion, If they aren't elves, why aren't they running the travelling curse mail to cycle faster?

Axel Tousignant likes this.