Xbox One - Discuss!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Megadestructo, May 21, 2013.

1. Krypt1q

Krypt1q Kobold

I have also owned every system since the atari, minus the Jaguar and its sixteen button failure, and I have to say I am pretty excited about the Xbox one. Or I was, before they reversed their stance on DRM. Since Microsoft has done a terrible job at marketing let me help a little. First off, shipping a kinect with every system is genius. This means developers can use a la cart style functionality like voice activated power ups, or you could perhaps program different spells with speech instead of activating some utility wheel which negatively affects immersion. Always on is amazing because of the computations done on the cloud instead of your system, and also good by host advantage, hosting is going to be done through the cloud as well. Next, DRM isn't all bad. Imagine steam for xbox. When a game is really successful then its used value never depreciates much because the Gamestops and EB Games of the world make 40 percent of their profit from used game sells, and they have to keep the lights on. Now lets say the developer gets 100 percent of the profit owed to them and just watch how much cheaper the AAA games will be over time. Xbox is going to have to kill it's "share games digitally with 10 people" initiative because it just doesn't make sense any more. How many people did you actually let borrow a hard copy of your game anyway? Personally, I am a freak when it comes to scratches! Only a select few ever get to borrow from me because of this. For those who complained and think you won, just know this is the future of gaming... eventually. Disclaimer ----> I am not a crazy fan boy for xbox, I will also own a PS4 and probably a Ouya. You get my two cents on Xbox because this is the thread for it. Thank you for listening to my rant.

2. Doctor Blue

Doctor Blue Orc Soldier

:eek:...:confused:...:eek:...:confused: