X, Team ! cards shouldn't be Moves

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Phaselock, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Well, this came up during recent wiki card update discussions.

Very good catch, I might say. What say you ? :)

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

First, so people who don't read the bug forum know why this distinction matters, here's some context:

http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/team-run-cone-of-cold.786/
    http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/threads/should-halt-effects-prevent-shift-team.732/

It's known that "being called a Move card" is important, because there's stuff that cares when you play a Move. Whether FalconGK81 was referencing the Halt and Encumber weirdness or not (I presume yes, because "design flaw" is a big term to toss around for mild semantic interest), Halt/Encumber is nonetheless the biggest place we'd see the issue.

Now, your point here. Pro:

If X, Team! "Move" cards (e.g., Shift, Team!) were relabeled as Assist, then that would get around the "I don't care that I'm Halted, I want to play X, Team! for my buddies who AREN'T" concern. Nice. So would you propose that Team X cards (e.g., Team Shift) be hybrid Move/Assist? They do both, after all.

Con:

Just saying "Moves should always have movement points" doesn't make it so. Do Attacks always have damage points? Not at all. And, yes, "being called an Attack card" is just as important as "being called a Move card," because (e.g.) Blind Rage will deal you some damage if you foolishly leave a zero-damage Wavering Faith in your hand. Thus, unless you want to revise Attack cards (and things that depend on them) based on this criterion, it doesn't seem as pressing to revise Move with such a criterion.

Lance, Gabbek, Wozarg and 1 other person like this.
  3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

The issue had nothing to do with Halt/encumber and all those stuff. It was strictly from the botscript perspective in recognizing a move card which it didn't agree in XTeam! cases. He had to code a workaround so that these cards didn't throw up a movement range = 0 in the wiki. :)

Agree completely. I'm thinking that just like Mtg where you could have artifacts/creatures and artifact creatures (gasp!), Card Hunter could just have moves and moves that don't necessarily move anything. I would however still propose the notion that all team based movement cards be relabelled as hybrid Assist/Move as they are literally movement buffs, synonymous with Mass Frenzy and Leadership. Strangely enough, the wiki seems to be lacking in Hybrid assist/moves...hmm

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hmm, indeed! Sounds like territory ripe for charting.