Would you guys be interested in a live stream?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by RedLineFire, Jan 6, 2014.

1. RedLineFire

RedLineFire Kobold

I've only just started a week ago but already I'm in love. I was wondering if you guys would be interested in a live stream featuring mainly low level (6-12) SP and amateur MP(rating 805). I only found this game thanks to the recent PCG annual awards and thought this game deserves more exposure.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not too sure the stream would even be that interesting as opposed to playing yourself, but I was hoping the chat could be a place where noobs could discuss what roadblocks they're on and basically obtain advice. (though I suppose MP chat is pretty good)

EDIT: I definitely plan on spreading the word elsewhere.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I believe a lot of people in the forums might have played it for a bit, so they might feel they've "seen it all". Streams are always a good idea - but I'd say your best bet is to see if you can find some people who themselves are new to the game - or even tempt new people to try it. Not sure where to best reach new players outside of the forum though - maybe some general gaming community? Good luck with whatever route you take! :)

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

It might be interesting and helpful to compile a set of SP runs for teaching purposes, or to catalog MP matches with commentary, like the current peasant tournament. Speed runs would be amusing too... :p

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

I think it's always a fine idea to stream the game. It helps with exposure and if you find it fun, why not? I say go for it!

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Forestal

Forestal Mushroom Warrior

TheDepressedEeyore has just completed a run-through of all the SP modules on youtube-- so you might want to check out how he does it... so that you can put a different "spin" of your own play-through?

His run-throughs are quite helpful for the uninitiated, in that they are almost completely "raw"-- as in you see him getting stumped/surprised by the modules and trying to react/deal with them-- though the "downside" is also that it is almost completely raw... he's a nice enough guy, but he was no way trying to be "funny", smooth-talking or anything else but himself.

E.g. Since TheDepressedEeyore went for all elves in the end, Maybe you could go for some kind of "1/1/1-party" to showcase the different classes/races?