WIP decks for MP

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by piotras, Oct 3, 2013.

1. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Welcome the the Work In Progress Multiplayer Deck topic! :) (not to be confused with MP Builds topic, where people actually know what they are doing!)

So I figured there need to be noobsters like me, who just went through the campaign recently (or are about to) and got a few lousy items which they try to bang together and form a deck so they can jump into MP. If you are battle-hardened warrior than it's a great topic to show your wisdom and help noobs like me, rather than show off your cards :)

Let me start then!

I tried to come up with something that forms some sort of sense and synergy and is rather 'balanced', since I don't know much about what to expect in MP. Unfortunately, I had better bashing weapons than anything else, so I started to build a deck around those. I also wanted badly to get a few dwarves in, since it's my favourite race since always in every game I can think of :)

So, I ended up with a bunch what is supposed to throw the opponent from the victory square and survive some beating, since my damage output is rather weak. First comes a dwarven warrior basher whose job is to, well, bash. He also got a few ranged melee attacks to use after enemy is bashed away. His dwarven priest sidekick is there to also stab from afar and heal/protect/frenzy the group. The human wizard is there to try and help manipulate the battlefield through moving both the opponents around AND the dwarfs (with either mobility or telekinesis cards), since first thing people will try to do is probably encumber the dwarven frontline.

I played around with smoke bombs and normal/illusionary walls to protect my dwarfs from enemy fire/cold encumber effects, but if I won't manage to get any of those early on they probably wouldn't help me that much. I ended up with the telekinesis cards, which are much more flexible (i.e. I can use it in more scenarios).

I know it's far from perfect (blocks and anti-armour for example) but I don't feel I got the cards to improve it much. Feel free to advise!

Mayhemotron
    Level 18 Dwarf Warrior

Kurwiszon
    Level 18 Dwarf Priest

Rozjebundor
    Level 1 Human Wizard

2. shazbot

shazbot Mushroom Warrior

Since you already have two dwarves, why not make the wizard a dwarf as well? 3X dwarven cry is pretty solid when you get in attack range.

3. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

I was quite lucky to get perfect command, so given that my dwarfs are quite slow I went for human so I can use some 'go-go-go' human cards (like Dash, Team! and Run, Team!) ;)

4. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

I'd switch to a Human Priest at least. The Wizard doesn't need the mobility as much and could really use the extra HP.

I know you're thinking, "but Wizards stand in the back line, he'll be safe!"

This is not how Multiplayer works.

5. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

My first iteration of this deck had a human priest instead of the wizard :) I've changed it since I wanted the priest to be shoulder to shoulder with my warrior. Well, shall see in practice how (badly) it goes, when I find time to play the bloody game, that is! :p

6. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

woot!

Just had my first go at MP and used the build posted earlier and it was a blast! Played a bit yesterday evening and was rushing today between morning/lunchtime and managed to get my 20 wins 3 minutes before the epic treasure timer run out :)

All the epics were seriously crap, but man, don't remember having such crazy rush in any game in ages. I think it was easier because I started at rather low ranking and ended up at 1100+ more or less.

Here's the current iteration of the build. It's a monster when it comes to kicking people out of victory points (I'm looking at you Lunging Bash) and ranged stabs synergise wonderfully with bash. Bash, slide, telekinesis and winds of war also works great with path of knifes. I wish I had more movement options but the ones I got already seriously change the tactic/dynamic from sluggish to surround-and-gang-bang ;)

Heck, might go for another epic treasure today, but need to do some changes first :) Lets see what rarities does Randimar have in stock for me today :D

Mayhemotron
    Level 18 Dwarf Warrior

6 x Bash
    2 x Charge
    3 x Stab
    1 x Team Run
    3 x Bruiser
    1 x Able Bash
    1 x Mail
    1 x Wild Run

Kurwiszon
    Level 18 Dwarf Priest