Wicked Waterways dilemma

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by KnightWhoSaysHACK, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Would you please consider changing the win conditions for this league? I was dominating a match with 3 VP to zero, and lost because I ran out of time. I'd like to request that VP be taken into account when time runs out.
    Or, if that is too much of a code change, simply adding a couple minutes to the overall time. Maybe 12 minutes instead of 10. It takes a long time in practice to reach the center VP area. Thank you for considering! I lost out on a prize because this match in question was my only shot at a win.

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

It's not a bug and 10 minutes isn't that fast. You should simply play faster then, everyone have got equal conditions.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's a fair suggestion. I'm moving to the general chat forum to get other opinions. Feel free to comment on all the league timers.

4. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Melee ones are fine with 10 minutes (chess and artifacts) but 5 extra minutes for geos and waterways wouldn't hurt.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

What is the geo timer at now? The only time I played it appeared to have no timer.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It was 20 minutes last I played it.

7. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I assumed they all had 10 minutes ^^' (the only time I played geo too had no timer)
    So ya, even better, 20 minutes for waterways and geos, 10 for chess and artifacts.

8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Everyone consider me a slow player but I've never had any problems with 10 minutes. (Although I too played geomancers only without the clock :S)

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Geo definitely needs the extra time, the game is so much about positioning and play, counter play that it can't move quick. I'll be curious to see what I think of it at 20, but I'm guessing I wouldn't want it any faster!

Personally I'm not sure that Waterways needs more time - it was fine for me even though I'm typically a slow player, but I could see moving it to 15 if people feel the need, just not 20.

10. Waterways defnitely does not need more time.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Waterways seemed fine to me, but all I was doing was spamming WW and FS.

12. It's being moved to 15 so that is awesome!