Why don't quests give experience?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Aquillion, May 5, 2018.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Kobold

A lot of the quests require a specific party composition (eg. three of the same class or race.) I assumed that, while going through the quests for old adventures, I could raise a new party of characters capable of handling them, playing through the game from the start like that in order.

But for some reason quests don't give experience, even if you're using characters of low enough level that they'd normally qualify for it. Why not? A quest is harder than the usual level, so it ought to at least award normal XP for characters whose level is low enough to get it, shouldn't they?

I don't see the purpose of making people redo a bunch of levels as non-quests in order to raise up characters to a high enough level to do the quests, basically.

2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

For some quests it's better to use very low level characters since they have less equipment slots which makes their decks more consistent. It'd be annoying if you did such quests and always had to buy new characters for the next quest.

I do agree it is tedious to level up characters for species/class restrictions though.