why does this card do less dmg then this card?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by playhavock, Dec 21, 2013.

1. playhavock

playhavock Mushroom Warrior

the card Demonic Feedback Has your ally draw 1 card and you take 5 dmg.
    however the card Demonic Power lets them draw 2 and you only take 3 dmg.
    ???
    Why? Clearly DP is better, so I want more of it, but - why? @_@?

2. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Well, there's a couple things to mention.

First, card quality impacts the power level of each card. The quality of a card can be determined by the border at the top of the card.
    The qualities are (from best to worst): sapphire, emerald, gold, silver, bronze, paper, black.
    So you can see that the Demonic Feedback is a much lower quality card, and thus can be found more readily on lower level items. This also explains it's lower power level.

The second part is that card drawing had to be nerfed as it made priests OP. This made demonic feedback a lot worse.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I believe the damage thing is historical, seeing as Feedback originally dealt 5 damage, where as Power... didn't even damage the caster. Personally I think that the old Unholy Power (Which functions the same as Unholy Wellspring/Frenzy) was an interesting card since it could reveal an armor card or two (potentially ruining an Arcane Aura or Frenzy Aura, etc) . Now, I still think that Demonic Power should deal 5 unpreventable damage for 2 cards and Feedback should deal 3 unpreventable damage for 1 card, without changing the quality or anything. What difference would that make?
    Well between me and Havock it would just make more sense. You want more cards, you take more damage.
    At the moment, that little nerf done to Feedback has made Incense of the Nether Fog strictly worse than Incense of Roiled Air.....

P.S., your thread title is very vague and provocative, even... do you know how many pairs of cards could be described by it?? A lot.

Flaxative likes this.