Whole team of oozes

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by CellaDwella, Sep 4, 2015.

1. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

How the hell do I win? They resist every single meelee attack its pathetic.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

They resist 1/3 of warrior melee attacks (only Crushing attacks—try piercing or slashing).

Other ways to deal damage: wizard spells (fire, lightning, Path of Knives, terrain damage), priest drain attacks.

doog37 likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Watch out for Death Meld. Despite it's paper rating, it is by far (as in, orders of magnitude) the strongest healing card in the game. Focus your attacks to prevent it's effectiveness.

4. Amorphous_Body is an Armor card, so Boiling_Armor and Melt_Armor will both target it for discarding. So will acid terrain, if they're stuck on it at round start.

Other than that defense, they have nothing, so all your other attacks will work. Death_Meld does give you a reason to target others (unless the others are at full health; there is no overheal, so killing a DM'd ooze does nothing special if its only nearby teammates are at full strength), or to use Telekinesis and the like to separate them, though.

5. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Why is is that every challenge this game gives you is 'crap' or 'pathetic'? If you want help beating an adventure then there are many of us who play the campaign daily, but it's becoming clear that you'd rather just complain every time you meet a new card. Once you get past the first few levels, adventures require a lot more strategy than just running up to the enemy and hitting it with whatever's in your hand.

karadoc, Reint and j3st3ri like this.
  6. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

Strategy to beating them? Use piercing attacks. But the piercing attacks on the weapons I have are MUCH weaker than the blunt attacks. I have equipped the best sharp weapons I have and still don't stand a chance against these bastards so I have a right to be annoyed. Im completely stuck now because my sharp attacks are too weak. in fact I think sharp attacks are far weaker than blunt attacks in general and I don't see why. SO now its game over just like that.

7. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

You can try running older levels to get better sharp items, or buy better ones from the stores.

8. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

The shops have nothing better than what I have. No sharp damage goes over 6 that I can find but I got a blunt weapon AGES ago that can hit an 11. SO I'm supposed to beat these slimes with significantly weaker attacks and I dont understand why. WHen I tried the cards that even hit 6 were to few and far between. This level is not balanced they should not make every sinmgle enemy a slime when they know sharp weapons are crap. Whats even more pathetic is that this supposed "2/3" chance of blunt weapons missing is just not true. I have NEVER had a blunt attack land against an ooze and my characters are all level 11.

9. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Do you have any armor removal? You can hit them with your blunt weapons if you take away their armor.

10. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

Thats an armour? This game doesnt explain a damn thing. DOes it expect me to sit there and read the whole wikki every time I get screwed over? I might have like 1 card that gets rid of armour, its too little. And If I'm gonna have to start grinding old levels just to get money to beat new levels then I might just stop playing. Grinding isn't fun, I would rather just have a difficulty setting so I can set it to whatever mode doesn't have me sitting there like a braindead zombie replaying old levels over and over.

11. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

[​IMG]
    The card clearly states on its description that it is, in fact, an armor card. I don't think Cardhunter expects you to read the wiki, but reading the cards themselves probably will help in almost every situation. Also,

This is incredibly good advice. Warriors aren't the only ones that can do damage, the other two classes are competent in their own right.

kustaa likes this.
  12. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

Maybe if it popped up for more than 0.5 of a second I could actually read it. Ive been using stong mage attacks and priest drains it just still isnt enough combined with the weak-ass slashing cards. Theres nothing slashing in my level band that hits more than 6 whatsoever its a joke.

13. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'm not sure if the game tells you this directly, but at the top of the screen are the opponent's cards. You can right click on the visible ones to read them, which offers valuable insight. If you really need help, co-op is still a good option. You can also play multiplayer to bolster your loot collection with higher level items.

doog37 likes this.
  14. kustaa

kustaa Lizardman Priest

Doesn't this belong under Adventure Discussion and Strategy?

Magic Elves likes this.
  15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You have a wizard? Then you should already have Armorbane Pendant and Trog Melter to get rid of armor. Akon's Amulet or Sulphuric Staff would be even better (Common/Uncommon items I still use a lot).

16. kustaa

kustaa Lizardman Priest

I assume the adventure you are referring to is The Pools of Slime. Just for the hell of it, I threw together a quick party of 3x Elf Wizards and only Common/Uncommon Items (save for 1 Legendary Item each because why not) and completed the adventure easily. You can view my deck below. Hope this shows you that it's really not about what you have, but how you play.

Accent, Fifjunior7, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm going to be blunt.

Some people don't want to be helped, some just make it really hard for others to help them. If you're responding this way to the helpful suggestions of other players, you're probably going to have a very hard time completing Card Hunter. I hope that if you continue playing, you also enjoy being grumpy. The ooze levels are far from the hardest. Good luck.

Fifjunior7, MathuranF, wavy and 3 others like this.
  18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

The level is easy.
    I made a team with 1 of each class only equipping commons of the adventure's level and lower.
    Here is the build.
    I completed it with no retries and hardly trying to optimize my build(with multiple unused power tokens)
    Elma (warrior elf)
    Level 22 Elf Warrior

Osclor (priest human)
    Level 23 Human Priest

Gorlril (wizard dwarf)
    Level 22 Dwarf Wizard

Sir Veza, Pawndawan and kustaa like this.
  19. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Well, if anyone needs evidence of the strength of CH's community, it's right here.

Cella, you can complete this level with what you have. Some monsters have very basic strategies, it's supposed to prepare you for the later levels and multiplayer.

You should be entering MP leagues: cost is 50gp, reward is at least three rare items + 12 common and uncommon.

If you don't have 50gp, farm the levels you've completed for it. You'll also, surprise surprise, get more items by doing this.

The polite thing to do would be to thank people for their help, especially Timeracers.

kustaa likes this.
  20. Jerako

Jerako Kobold

If you right-click on any visible card it gets bigger so you can read it. It works for your hand, the enemy's hand cards that have been revealed to you, and also for any cards attached to a character on the field (like traits, armors, handicaps, burns, etc.)