Who is still doing daily campaign runs?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Veza, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I should be, but I'm a cranky old curmudgeon depressed by the recent nerfs. It'll take me a while to get back into the spirit.
    If you're still doing daily runs, how is it going for you?
    Is it taking longer?
    Are there adventures you used to run that now just aren't worth the effort?
    Is everything working swimmingly?
    Just curious.

wavy likes this.
  2. Questor

Questor Ogre

I do daily runs but i only finish the low level adventures up to level 8. Up to 5 i use my old 3 wiz team and for the rest i add a cleric.
    If i am in the mood i play the basic adventures from level 15 to 17, since i used 3 dwarf warriors for them but i usually skip them.
    All adventures between those levels i don´t play anymore without the global firestorm.
    And of course the loot fairy level, but i don´t hunt for it anymore, i just wait for the people who enjoy slow grinding to find it.

I have enough gold and unsold treasure, so i don´t have to worry about that.

3. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Still doing my daily maps, it helps that I need gold for Mordecai's Staff Of Magma that Randimar has this week.
    I'm currently using a Savage Curse/Flash of Agony team for the 9+ modules instead of firestorm. It's almost always slower though.
    For the lower levels vampire/mass frenzy priests got a lot better, combined with 1 or 2 all-out-aggro warriors is for me faster than before the changes. But still not as fast as clicking firestorm twice :)

It's fun to try out decks with cards that got better and flash flood gives some new tactics. That at least somewhat makes up for seeing all your favourite decks and cards nerfed.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

I don't know if it's too soon to be able to say yes or no, but I know that I've got to revisit every build I've saved and that's a big pain. I've definitely played quite a bit less over the last few days - just some low level adventures, the level 9 @neoncat build for GA Quals & Finals (many thanks neoncat) and the Loot Fairy adventures. Maybe over the next few weeks I'll work on new builds for the campaign, but...

I think the Firestorm changes seriously need looking at - I can cope with the idea of tweaking party builds (e.g. if FS had reduced damage or if Resistant Hide had been nerfed), but to have to abandon my strategy on so many adventures is too much of a blunt instrument. Was Firestorm so OP in the multiplayer arena that it meant an instant win - I don't think so. It's now a poor choice for many battles.

Edit: or even reverting the previous change to Firestorm so that it hits allies first (as mentioned by someone previously)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Sir Veza likes this.
  5. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Firestorm was nerfed because it didn't care about positioning. All your suggestions wouldn't fix that. The best solution is still to have Firestorm ignore range restrictions in single player.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Neither did the Devs.
    To my understanding the Devs know that putting FS in line with other cards made going through the campaign slower. The question that people should ask them is whether they wanted to allow people to go through the campaign (and the 1 hp quests) so quickly in the first place and without the problem of having to adjust to the strengths and/or weaknesses of particular adventure. I don't know the answear but my impression is that they didn't.

7. boro

boro Goblin Champion

If it HAS to care about positioning, how about a firestorm that hits caster and nearest characters first. Or a firestorm that hits for 4 in range 5 and gets 1 damage weaker for each step beyond that.

8. boro

boro Goblin Champion

The old firestorm that hits your guys first would already have a lot of impact on speedfarming. I estimate I used to win about 33% firestorm games with death on the stack (to use MTG terminology).

wavy likes this.
  9. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Been too busy with work but still rebuilding teams at various levels.

Definitely slower than the old FS builds, but I've been mainly using 2 warriors and a priest. Likely will try a build that uses savage curse on mages, but need time to build it out.

10. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I've been playing Nudie Runs. They take all night, but they scratch that puzzle itch. That's why I always liked playing draft or sealed deck MTG tournaments.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I'm doing runs through the two-map-long adventures as I feel like them. My setups depended only minimally on Firestorm, since I was sick of interaction with Combustible in the rest of my build, and it wasn't always helpful anyway: Resistant Hide on those Festering Zombies in Return to Woodhome requires a different approach. And in that case, since I also brought Bashes to deal with Skeletons, I'm pleased by the raised effectiveness of those cards.

I won't mind redoing my builds sometime. My collection wasn't as good when I made them in the first place, so they could be better now.

Sir Veza likes this.