Who gets the gun?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

2. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

nice figure

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

@Jon: What are the constraints on radiation's pool of handicaps? Is it any existing handicap attachments, or just those available on equipment?

For analysis - a list of all existing handicap attachments:

Combustible
    Defensiveness
    Fright
    Large Weapon
    Mind Leak
    Squeamish
    Superstitious
    Trip
    Vulnerable
    Wimpy

Festering Guts
    Mad Dog
    Squishy

Blind Rage???

And my ranking of the ones (available on equipment) that I would be generally happiest to see attached:
    Fright
    Trip
    Wimpy
    Vulnerable
    Superstitious
    Defensiveness
    Large Weapon
    Mind Leak
    Combustible
    Mind Leak

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

All handicaps, including hybrids. During the playtest I got Scared Little Monkey.

Stexe, Sir Veza and Accent like this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I did some good damage with Festering Guts.

DunDunDun and Fifjunior7 like this.
  6. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

Hmm the double Laser Whip + Violent Spin Weapon looks interesting.
    Not sure about the shield though. Defender + Laser Block + Discard all attacks on a warrior. Might come down to how emerald the emerald block is ;)
    Speculation:
    2+ Block any. Attacker draws random laser malfunction card ?? This would be meh, i suppose.
    2+ Block any. Apply effect to attacker.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's pretty emeraldish, but Cowardly is still Cowardly.
    And it's available on other shields, but without Defender's Block and Cowardly.

8. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

What about MP character level? Is it going to be increased?

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

That force field card and its seemingly high availabilty makes me nervous. When i heard the cards name for the first time my hope was that it is terrain that gives whoever stands on it armor, but my fears go way darker places.

10. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

No, MP level will stay the same.

DunDunDun and Flaxative like this.
  11. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

*Drool-*

Laser guns and laser swords?

I don't know why, but I smell an upcoming Yoda costume in the figurines shop :p

Actually, If anyone played the original Fallout PC game, this expansion kinds reminds me of that sweet moment I first got my hands on laser weapons and power armour.

I'm hoping this was your partial inspiration, Jon ;)

12. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

will I level all 27 characters to 24?

...of course.

DunDunDun likes this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Will there be a way to increase renown above 19 without buying the treasure hunts?

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Multiplayer might be the only way at Citadel launch. But I'm working on something that might change that soon.

DunDunDun, Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Proper end-game, SP content? *hint*hint*

Sir Veza, DunDunDun and Merdis like this.
  16. haho

haho Orc Soldier

could have made maybe a shotgun, that was close range, like maybe only went out to 2 tiles in front. unless shotgun was already used for something else :eek:

17. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Shotgun'd be a hilariously fun warrior weapon.
    I suppose it'd effectively just be a basic 2-3 range spray attack, though, so still encroaching into wizard territory.

[Assuming 5ft tiles, an actual shotgun would have a reach of something like 24 tiles, but given that the blunderbuss has a reach of 6, we can assume 2-3.
    It'd be more like a short-range dispersion blaster than an actual proper shotgun.
    Plus side, being that it uses lasers, we can assume effective straight cut-off over a range of 5 feet, so no worrying about continuing scatter.
    Though getting a 'damage halves per tile traveled' weapon would be kinda fun.
    As would a penetrating energy lance melee attack..
    I guess I should probably wait to see the cards already added before I keep on musing in that vein though :p]

18. Questor

Questor Ogre

The first thing i thought of when i saw the elf warrior was a quote about MMOs.
    It went something like this: "Even if the most powerful weapon would look like a pink dildo, players would still use it."

Sir Veza likes this.