Whirwind, Nimble strike and obliteration

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Kith, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Kith

Kith Kobold

One of the few MP games I played today on the map with 3 victory locations and split down the middle by wall and water:

Round 1: Opponent uses his basic dash move on his wizard to move onto the victory location on his own side.

I look at my cards. Looks like a lucky draw for my elven warrior. Nimble Strike and a damage 11 attack. Look at the map. Have to fit through the gap in the wall, and he can use his 2 other characters to set tacklezones on me. Well.. my priest has Muscle Through, which both clears the way for me, and puts me that 1 step close that I need to be to reach the wizard. Wizard goes *splat*.

Yes, we are still in round 1. Feel free to argue that my opponent made a mistake by using his wizard's movement card, but please consider where he moved to. You would think that was safe, unless he got whisked away by one of the other OP cards discussed in this thread.

Anyways, easy win. I'm happy, but Nimble Strike and Whirlwind are OP.

Sorry to reiterate the point, but I guess it needs attention until we see some balancing.

2. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

I don't think Whirlwind is OP. It is random movement after all. But having 6 nimble strikes in one weapon is. Vibrant pain is a no-brainer which no card should be.

Flaxative and Pilgrim Bailey like this.