Whirlwind sent priest off the map

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by SurgeonFish, Jan 14, 2013.

1. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Used whirlwind in the first turn of Blacken Oak Heart map 4 and my priest disappeared off the map. Had to forfeit the map and try again. Sorry i didnt get a picture as i was eager to punch that tree down with my bear hands.

2. SurgeonFish

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Do you recall what time this battle was?

4. SurgeonFish

I couldnt remember, then i noticed the time stamp on my post, it happened just before "SurgeonFish, Today at 12:54 AM" by about 15mins to 2 hours. sorry i cant be precise than that. I know i play a lot of maps.

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Somewhat related enough to post here i think. I used whirlwind enemies and all enemies plus my priest moved to random squares.

6. Jon

OK, that's a lead, thanks.

7. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

I've had whirlwind enemies remove an enemy from the map(making victory impossible). I think it was... arena qualifier, battle 2. One of the putrescent zombies(the 19hp ones with resistant hide) disappeared.
    Possibly relevant: map had blocked terrain on all edge squares.

8. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I've just experienced this after using Whirlwind Enemies in the first (I think) map of "The Jewel of Alet Zhav". I used the card early on and didn't realise I was down a zombie.

Game is 1650134745

[​IMG]

I spent a while bouncing around the squares where the health box it appearing, but couldn't ever target the zombie.

9. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

As an aside, Zombowski is a fantastic name.

10. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Agreed =D

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

A lot of creature names are, though they could use fewer repeats.

I thought it was refreshingly straightfoward when two mobs were called "Zombies" and "More Zombies."

12. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Yeah I loved that too, enough to take note. It gives that tabletop/p&p gaming vibe, it's just the sort of thing a GM would call two groups of zombies.

13. Jon

I've taken a look at this code and, while I can't see the problem, I've rewritten it to be more watertight. Let me know if you see the bug again in a new build.

14. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Hi,

Apologies, in the interest of science/testing, I left this card in my deck to give it another whirl (wind) and I got some odd behaviour in the premium adventure High Mountain Pass.

I thought I'd burn up the Goblin block cards by playing Whirlwind Enemies on my first turn, so at least you can compare the default starting positions of the Goblins to where they are now.

I triggered a reflect missile, which meant that my wizard, alongside two other goblins are now trapped in another dimension.

Battle number is 1421209108

[​IMG]

15. Hessian

Hessian Orc Soldier

Can we suggest names for mobs?

16. Jon

Definitely try this again in the new build that will be going up today if you get a chance.

17. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Hi,

Almost the same situation on that map (High Mountain Pass, first map), first turn. This time I played Whirlwind, all the enemies landed safely, but my wizard is nowhere to be seen.

My room was listed as "Battle PASS 38" The time was ~ 8:26am GMT.

I can leave out the pictures if it's not providing extra information:

[​IMG]

Sorry!

Edit: My first test of Whirlwind Enemies worked on this map without issue, but the second time it came up, I lost a Goblin Grunt.

Game was "Battle PASS 47"

From the below, it looks like he became stacked on a Goblin from another squad. The next turn I used Whirlwind, and whilst the enemy didn't arrive back on the map, Gary tried moving him and then the game got stuck on "Gary is moving M'gug."

[​IMG]

18. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Lots of similar problems posted about it in the patch notes thread alongside a copy pasta of the logs

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

These should be the relevant parts

BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=The active player is now wolzarg
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Player,wolzarg,Event,PlayAction,Action,Whirlwind Enemies
    BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=ActorInstance:setTransformFromCard - Zaius can't occupy 5,, 8

BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Invalid action: Scamper, played by War Monkeys - invalid instigator
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Player,Gary,Event,PlayAction,Action,Scamper
    BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (bool) IIU: false
    (int) TARX: 7
    (int) TARY: 8
    (utf_string) type: selectSquare
    (int) TARFX: 0
    (int) TARFY: -1
    (int) IUID: -1

BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Received invalid instruction: forced defeat
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=wolzarg was defeated
    BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (utf_string) type: done

BATTLE WARNING: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=Received invalid instruction: forced defeat
    BATTLE LOG: Battle=Attack of the War Monkeys,Scenario=Monkey Jungle,Msg=wolzarg was defeated
    (int) TARX: 4
    (int) TARY: 9
    (utf_string) type: selectSquare
    (int) TARFX: 0
    (int) TARFY: -1
    (int) IUID: -1

(utf_string) type: done

(utf_string) type: noMoreTraits

> clip

20. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Just had this again in multiplayer against peseto:

MP 1731

He played Whirlwind Enemies and my cleric is still in the whirlwind =D On a slightly unrelated note, the game also froze before we could finish.

Ta.