While naming dudes, Simón became Simn.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Ystin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

I'm actually quite pleased with the unexpected turn of events and ended up liking the name Simn better anway, but I figured you guys would like to know. It let me type in the ó, and didn't give me any prompt saying those types of characters are not allowed, but here I have a seasoned kobold killer named Simn.

I think it's pretty straight forward what's going on, but if I was unclear or my experiencing the bug gave me a unique perspective no one else can achieve let me know and I'll try to shed some light on the situation.

So far I'm loving everything, btw.

2. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Good catch! It looks like that's probably the font we're using on the character sheets missing some glyphs. If you look in the chat logs, you should see that your character's name *is* actually saved as Simón, so his character sheet will be corrected once we fix the font.

Ystin likes this.
  3. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

4. j-wiz

I ran into this myself, when I named my fifth dwarf "Fünf". Having worked on localization code on past projects, I love using non-ASCII characters to break things when I can get away with it. ;)

5. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

That's what we're supposed to be doing, right? Breaking everything we can, so long as we bring a full report of the incident to you lovely folks.

6. j-wiz

Exactly! The more bug reports we get (no matter how small), the better the game will be when we release it.