Which item slots are the best to use tokens for?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by TheIvyX, Feb 12, 2018.

1. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

Each character and class has their own slots for items. Here's a dwarf wizard as an example:

[​IMG]

In multiplayer, every character has 4 minor power tokens (the blue ones) and 4 major power tokens (the yellow ones) to make it fair for the players. I've seen a comment saying that warriors should never invest a major token into their shield (unless you use Aegis Of The Defender). The question becomes, which tokens should you prioritize when it comes to item slots?

2. It really depends. Every item slot can be worth putting tokens into, which is why strong tokenless items are so coveted. If I were to choose, I have rarely put tokens into Divine Skills, Robes, Heavy Armor, Shields, and Boots. In general I think you should prioritise Weapons and Staves for Warriors and Wizards and prioritise Divine Items for Priests, but it is not a hard and fast rule.

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Totally agree, depends entirely on the build. If a build is founded on idea X, then that idea is going to dictate certain slots and the rest of the slots are going to have to work with what remains. I'm not sure there's a slot that I haven't used every token on, or at least seen decent builds that used every token on that slot.

Also @TheIvyX fwiw, under the smiley face toolbar option you'll find (minortoken) and (majortoken).